Pastors Journal

More
3 years 9 months ago #352070 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Pastors Journal

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I love new blood.
It means it ain’t me. (not a drop)
Stagnation creates nothing and is often predictable.
Evidence of change is sometimes - new blood.
Welcome to the change.
Yea- that means you !
Welcome, we have been waiting for you.
For those who have been faithful this whole time with that hope for tomorrow , today can be that tomorrow. Time to get to work!
Smiley face
Pastor Carlos

yea - this

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #352250 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq-1hjDxxLs&time_continue=106&feature=emb_title
I’ve always heard rumors of his efforts and now I found this.
Nice to see validation of a few things.

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #353046 by Carlos.Martinez3
A intro and message

A message from JK the Associate Pastor of the Order.

“Beautiful are the lives of all beings-
Each one a blooming of the Will of the Force.

And like blossoms,
Our lives enter this momentous world
Bound only to leave it as much as to enliven it.

Where the living and unified Force meet,
A light shines forth from the hearts of all beings, Connecting us in an eternal golden chain.

From the beginning, to the very end,
We must never loose sight that we,
And all beings, are one with the Force.

Together, yet separate;
With nothing to gain and nothing to lose...
Such a paradox for us to ponder.

Thus, let us observe a moment of silence:
not for the Dead, but for the Living-
to remember, to reconcile, and to move on.

May the Force be with you...“

A message from the family:
Hello all. My name is Aurora Graziano, and my father, commonly known as Peace, has grown gravely ill over the past few months and passed away. He was a senior knight and ordained minister and valued his time here before he had to leave. He loved helping people here and out in the clinic through occupational therapy with his career. My father was the one who led me here and I'm thankful he did before he passed. My father was a man of his word, loyal, friendly, and most of all put others needs before his own. When he grew up, he always looked out for his friends and always shrugged off any problem he had or kept it in so he could help others. Even though he was disabled all through his life and achieved many things most were possible, he is well known here as Peace, the knight who never lost his fire and continued tot rain despite others thinking he wasn't ready for such a commitment. Yet he was, and we should all be thankful for what he has done. Even though his death was expected, it still doesn't compare that I must train and live through milestones with the one person a daughter looks at for strength, support, and guidance. Thank you for joining me in remembering our beloved member Peace. May the Force be with him and with all of you!

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym

More
3 years 8 months ago #353228 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic The Teachers, Who We Are (2020)

The teachers who we are…

Each student is different. Each student has different goals, dreams, desires and expectations. Each student has a unique perspective, outlook and way of dealing with things that are and that come up.

Who I believe myself to be is most likely not how you will perceive me to be. The indisputable facts about me like age, race and gender should be irrelevant to do what is needed in this position and to a Jedi so I will not waste your time with them. I could list my accomplishments here but those were from a different time and not as relevant to the now as they were then.

“There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. There will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue. Live being true to the single purpose of the moment.”

“There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything.”

“Be true to the thought of the moment and avoid distraction. Other than continuing to exert yourself, enter into nothing else, but go to the extent of living single thought by single thought.”

“It is said that what is called "the spirit of an age" is something to which one cannot return. That this spirit gradually dissipates is due to the world's coming to an end. For this reason, although one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation.”
~ Tsunetomo Yamamoto, Hagakure

Many of the Jedi that have been here a while, and know me, will say that I can be a bit “old school” and hard-nosed. (Hard-nosed basically means pain in the butt to deal with) :P

Some Jedi seem to believe that there is a personal truth out there for each person to be taught or discover. I believe there is one unifying, steady and constant truth that lies in each is and that it is our responsibility and duty to become familiar with this truth and we grow, through the process of self-development, discovery and exploration. Inside each of us is the connection to what is, the eternal truth. I will not teach you what that is; tell you a magical book to read that will show you or let you fumble around blindly searching for something when you ‘re not entirely sure what you’re looking for. I will be as much help as I can and I will not give up on you as long as you’re willing to try.

Granddaddy Wess ‘s post in the teachers thread.
If any one can give witness- it is I.

He was my TM and still a good friend. Things change and grow. I’m glad we are both growing STILL to this day. It is a honor to see that guy in the forums for me. It is my honor to serve him as Pastor and it is still my honor to serve every single one here. Such good things can come from bad times.
The old saying “good medicine - bad places” comes to mind. With modern day Jedi being more active in their own life’s - I think we can create things new every day. Looking forward to seeing more new things - some old new some new new some being made new every day. What a place. Love y’all Temple.

I feel the heart beat of things often , and I’m looking forward to hearing from everyone how things have been and how they are. Catch this old man up!
Your Pastor,
Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
3 years 8 months ago #353231 by Carlos.Martinez3
“Such things never happened in real life. Or do they? Most of us are called to perform tasks far beyond what we can do. Our capabilities seldom match our aspirations, and we are often woefully unprepared. To this extent, we are all Assistant Pig-Keepers at heart.
Llyoyd Alexander from the Authors notes in -The Book of Three

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #353400 by Carlos.Martinez3
Challenge

http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/mrn/episodes/1730/index.html

Taken from here

Episode 1730
Topic You and I Together
Air Date July 31, 1998
Mister Rogers starts out by explaining that he only zips his sweater half-way because he wears a microphone on his tie.

He then heads to the kitchen where he draws a rainbow before reflecting on a local place where children visit to play with toys. This is followed by a brief lesson on people being unique. Leading into make-believe, Mister Rogers uses common items from his kitchen to set the scene rather than his models.

In the Neighborhood of Make-Believe, Lady Aberlin is talking to Queen Sara about Kevin Wendell Gorilla and suggests that he may not be a real gorilla. Meanwhile, at the clock, Daniel and Kevin agree to be friends as they sing You Are Special. After singing, Kevin Wendell Gorilla reveals that he is really Neighbor Aber wearing a gorilla costume. He was doing an experiment to see how people would treat him if he didn't look like himself.

Back at the house, Mr. McFeely stops by to pick up Zak: The One-of-a-Kind Dog for the library and reads it with Mister Rogers. Outside, Mr. McFeely demonstrates a unique wind-up toy he calls a "speedy critter."

Me and the family have a morning routine. Often times we watch something calming and cool from our archives - black and white movies- old vintage movies - that type of thing. Our choice - today we watched Fred hit me right in the heart.
For the fans, the excerp is directly from the web site attached.
Seeing the “beast “ Kevin Wendel run around and how this episode plays out : jogged my heart. Some may find it offensive and it is never the intention to offend any one. Please know that is not the intention.
This one got me-

Notes:

Mister Rogers' reflection early in the episode was of scences from the Center for Creative Play in Pittsburgh, PA. The Center for Creative Play closed its doors in early 2008 [source].
The book read near the end, Zak: The One-of-a-Kind Dog, was written by Jane Lidz.
The wind-up toy demonstrated by Mr. McFeely is actually called a Critter marketed by Kinkerland.
As Mister Rogers walks to his kitchen, Let's Be Together plays in the background.
As Lady Aberlin leaves the castle, A Perfectly Beautiful Day plays in the background.
This episode is included on the It's a Beautiful Day Collection (DVD).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=77O3NJwq1hM&feature=emb_title

These are not our platforms and not our vidoes so they may be edited cut blah blah blah - this is one of those episodes worth finding- go find it !

It’s the last 30 seconds that put the nail in it for me - I would like to share this today with my Temple.
Thank you
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
3 years 8 months ago #353402 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment DDB15A60-99D8-4CFE-AFCB-ACE21FC220BB.jpeg not found

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:

More
3 years 7 months ago #353433 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://www.eduref.net/the-psychology-of-isolation-fatigue/

Need this for Monday’s block post !!! Feel free to read ahead. I know I’m in the presence of the scholastic type Smiley face

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 7 months ago #353470 by Carlos.Martinez3
On meditation

A friend asked about meditation.
Not in passing - a true heart felt question for some time now.
It’s been a work

"We often think it's possible to receive great things without work and sometimes it's true. These are called gifts.Meditation must be made, if the gift isn't present. Set the frame and it will enter. There it frequents, where it's welcome."

If we notice it’s not present or we don’t have that gift of automatic release and calming and tranquility ... chances are we may have to make it.

Still down ?

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 7 months ago #353897 by Carlos.Martinez3
I used to say the Force brings things togeather or has put people in my path ... but today I don’t think that as much.

If - the Force is in everything and flows on its own
If - I am just a vessel - or just one discription of how I manage or manifest or discribe it

The Force dosnt put things in people’s way nor can it place people in our way. They’ve been there the whole time and I am not taking time to notice the value and connection that was already there. I just didn’t take that road or make that connection.

Those ideas - ideas like that give a “part of the circle” less the “circle is around me.”
Kinna makes the “equal” or inherent thing a bit more understandable for me.
I am blessed to sit in the presence of pilars. Each one of us here in this place has such a wonderful thing - and no one else does - Your Force. It’s because of yours - that mine is. The things you do and did are the same things I and others have done to find it. We are just the fulcrums or the prisms or the thing that gives the Force shape.

Force shaped ideas ... non are the same. None can be. The contents are different.
Yet - they are.

I’m glad we still got people like Edan Ros Wes the Dude - I saw V the other day... in passing - all a piece of the flow - all still a part. Ever flowing ever changing ever adjusting - yesterday I looked - today I show tomorrow I will remeber and share.
That’s all we really do here - is share with one another.
Keep sharing. Please?
I still LOVE this place.
Something New every day.
Keep it flowing -

Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Malicious

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi