Mission and Objectives of the Clergy

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #283036 by

Zenchi wrote: Barger, you keep talking like that and I may have to join up...

Yes , please do :cheer: you know what they say , you want something done right , do it yourself ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #283041 by jpadkins
As an aspiring member of the Clergy, I believe our role is to teach and guide people along the path of the Jedi. Jedi are constant seekers and a Cleric is charged with sharing and being open about what they have found. I have had issues with the idea of being called a priest but can live with whatever, Cleric works for me.

The difference between Knight and Cleric is difficult to distinguish, but I believe that a Knight mentor is more of a 1 on 1 relationship than a Cleric. The goal of each is to ultimately be guides to those in their care. The Knights take the Clergy's teachings and help put it into daily life. They also should inform the Clergy of what issues they are seeing and direction that the Clergy can take to best impact the daily life of the Temple.

The sermons are great, but adding an RSS feed would really help. Also, the clerics could do daily meditations that help maintain focus on the teachings for the week/month. Using a simple service such as mixcloud, soundcloud or even youtube, we can import them into the Temple's site and RSS feed.

Being Certified Clergy, it would be possible for them to hold local services somewhere for members of the Temple. They could organize and lead meet-ups and other activities designed to bring more real-world (for lack of a better word) connection.

As I continue my studies, I may get a better understanding of how the Clergy as a body works.

May You Feel The Presence of the Force

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Licensed Minister of Jediism
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Seminary / AP /
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico
” May you feel the presence of the Force because the Force is always with you.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3, Cyan Sarden,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #284996 by
Just remember we will have a meeting about this topic at Saturday, so it will be good if all we think about it until the meeting. Saturday at 18 UTC, don't forget

More
6 years 10 months ago #285096 by Nakis
I've been reading through some of the posts and I may have missed someone discussing this further, but someone mentioned that Bishops traditionally over see a large sector.

Has there ever been any consideration for certain geographical areas to have someone who takes the clergy in that region as their team? One thing that I have been considering lately is more in person stuff as the community grows into more real and often meet ups for those willing to meet more routinely. Is there a support structure to aid and assist physical presence and is there a plan or method proscribed to ensure at least one in the group can be expected to lead or at least take some responsibility? One thing that does hit us hard, I believe, is the lack of in person communication, it is all too easy to simply not log in and begin to draft away without hard connections.

So, to rephrase, is there any consideration for geographical regions however large or small, in order to better equip and train Jedi in those regions to become better Jedi and leaders?

Licensed Clergy Person

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #285098 by

Nakis wrote: I've been reading through some of the posts and I may have missed someone discussing this further, but someone mentioned that Bishops traditionally over see a large sector.

Has there ever been any consideration for certain geographical areas to have someone who takes the clergy in that region as their team? One thing that I have been considering lately is more in person stuff as the community grows into more real and often meet ups for those willing to meet more routinely. Is there a support structure to aid and assist physical presence and is there a plan or method proscribed to ensure at least one in the group can be expected to lead or at least take some responsibility? One thing that does hit us hard, I believe, is the lack of in person communication, it is all too easy to simply not log in and begin to draft away without hard connections.

So, to rephrase, is there any consideration for geographical regions however large or small, in order to better equip and train Jedi in those regions to become better Jedi and leaders?

I am not an 'ancient' member, guess I should not call people ancient I guess ehm.. never mind.. :blush: but if I do say it correctly, something like this was considered or existed in the TotJO pre 2014? I heard some stories about it a good while ago..
If the Temple is managed from the website, how does geography plays a role? From that perspective I find it not useful. But if seen from the other side of the coin, I guess managing trough geography would be rewarding as it would allow to manage live ceremonies in the chapters districts or countries, like weddings, funerals and certain location based activities, but not sure how often those happen to make it worth it, not sure if the website cannot manage it, if the clergy is big enough for it.. I do love your idea to see more 'physical' clerical activities!
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

More
6 years 10 months ago #285103 by steamboat28

Nakis wrote: Has there ever been any consideration for certain geographical areas to have someone who takes the clergy in that region as their team?

The way we're spread out, it would make more sense for time zones (or ranges of time zones) than more geographical areas, but that's not a bad idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285108 by
oh man, 18 UTC is 11am for me, and I will be laying sod in the backyard all day :(

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285444 by
Meeting today at 18utc. Don't forget.
Topic: Mission and objectives of the clergy

More
6 years 10 months ago #285445 by Nakis
Question: Is this a closed meeting or may anyone observe (even if they do not take part).

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285446 by
The meeting is Clergy and Seminarian only. The log will be posted in the forums after finishing the meeting.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi