The Block

More
3 years 10 months ago #352450 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
Recently, I have thrown as much of my own garbage (emotional and stupid life stuff) on my garden as I think is humanly possible without cracking.

That said, though it took some time and still will I decided to finally plant some stuff. I decided to plant a new knowledge tree. Time to start reading something to fill me up instead of the things that empty me out.

I decided to plant a tree of love, a tree to honor my fiance, and our life together. A life that no longer considers itself an individual first.

There are some other plants in there, let's see what the grow to out of the garbage I left to be the fertilizer.

Some actual strawberries too, and some potatoes
Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Tarran, Atania Kenobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #352605 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Where we find and what we fill our places inside with is totally up to us and I am glad you get to make those choices. From one heart to another, who has done this very thing, your efforts will never go in vain. Claiming and planting things like this is the start of great things.

When we finally decide to make those choices - often times the answers seem far away or impossible and I want to encourage others doing the same things in their life's, decisions of change arnt easy. They never are AND they are never the same. Kinna like a story some where in a book or from a tale... familiar. The Force is like that for us at times, familiar if we frequent it.

The Force can be familiar from frequency. Really anything can if you think about it... and please do.

Frequency

Check this out KOBOS
I planted a "secret garden." Learned this one from a great Christian Man who was head over heels with his love. He said "ya wanna love her a bit ...more...bro - talk about her when she's not there or she wont find out. Grow her gorgeous in your secret garden." That one got me.
Real Life:
Any LOVE - talk about them when they are not present to people who know them. Build them up with out them knowing. Build them up to their loved ones and their friends and their circles. When your love isn't present say something out loud that only you can hear and say good things about them." I sure do like it when they …. fill in the blank." Literally say it. This secret garden does wonders for some one on the inside. Think about it, its worth a try. I see your PIKS on Facebook Kobos and what beautiful people you are when your love is around, you both glow. I like that. I like love. I love to hear things of a positive note when it comes to love and people - regardless of gender. Love is love. Love can be built over years and time and be lost in a second. Create good things and plant good things. When ya do, you get good things. Good fruit. In days like this, we kina need some good fruit hu? Keep up the good stuff KOBOS and every one else, LOVE your LOVE. Find a way, ask heck, or just try. My seven year old boy came by and gave me a hug - stopped me dead in my path... I needed it. Y'all know your loves and when they need one or two or ten hugs- give 'em away. If ya needed any reason to hug some one you love then blame it on the epidemic. EPIDEMIC HUG cuzzz only you can right now. I CANT. Hey Modern day Jedi - send a hug to some one you can. this time we are in, I know I needed one... plant good things like trees of love and secret gardens, you wont regret it.
Just,
Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Kobos

More
3 years 10 months ago #352739 by Carlos.Martinez3
My goal for this since 1 Aug 2016 18:33 is that it stays as long as it can and the hope is that this helps Jedi from all walks and denominations and paths. The goal is to continue till the day I glow blue. Till that day , you got me here every Monday with something new strait from the horses mouth.

This ones a good one

I have been watching Episode One and this week Episode 2 of the sagas. I invite you this Saturday to watch with me the third movie of this set with me this Saturday any time, just pick a time and watch it as me and the family watch is as well. Nothing big but join if you like.
Episode Two is Attack of the Clones - In our home, we joke A LOT. Me and my LOVE are both Veteran soldiers and we have a twisted funny bone at times. We called Attack of the Clones "When you finnaly get to use your saber...in public." or " Episode Two - Application of training" or" Star Wars - the time to shit,shut up or show up." Ya get the picture. For me Episode Two is the time of action.

Be sure your choices will be tested. Eventually, each choice we make will be proofed, or tested or even validated or- tried. Its a natural way of life really. Anakin was no exception. I totally connect to him in so many ways. Still do as I get older. Elder hahaha
Watching this Old Show reminded me that there is such a thing as HEALTHY LIMITS. Our choices matter. They can become our limits. Limits are needed. As we begin to think an plan we can set our own boundaries and limits. The value of those limits or choices is totally up to us. BUT ---- don't forget, we live in the real world and they will be tested. For a Modern day Jedi it seems our faith and choices and codes are tested ALL THE STINKING TIME. Might just be me but that's the way I feel some days. That's proof some times of change and growth. Think about that this week friends, If you were Anakin - would you have different limits or even boundaries? How about in the real world - Homicide of innocents in a rage I hope is NEVER a option (taken from the movie) but it can go to show us we all could benefit from some limits.

Jedi Believe
In the Force, and in the inherent worth of all life within it.
In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment, including the death penalty.
In a society governed by laws grounded in reason and compassion, not in fear or prejudice.
In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin.
In the ethic of reciprocity, and how moral concepts are not absolute but vary by culture, religion and over time.
In the positive influence of spiritual growth and awareness on society.
In the importance of freedom of conscience and self-determination within religious, political and other structures.
In the separation of religion and government and the freedoms of speech, association and expression.

Be sure your are not alone.

Pastor Carlos

Ps - I don't tear up or cry often, not my thing but this one got me good. My heart hurts for the world and for those being effected by choices I didn't make. Not my video not my platform not my content but defiantly how I feel about the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScHhuIY4Pwo

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #353078 by Carlos.Martinez3
I try every week - Monday to post a good encouraging something. There are times when life gets full. Last Monday was nonexseption.

Today is today!

Racism

This, for me is a 4 letter word. We all know as humans that it hurts and upsets many.
I deal with race ism every time I walk into a building. I don’t look like anybody.
How do we combat this huge beast of a thing?
Some see it as impossible.
It is know that one simple person can not change the course of time and effort - or can it?
Here is my suggestion.
I use the word “shouldn’t” reluctantly-
Buuuut Jedi shouldn’t be racist. Just my opinion.

How to combat a silent killer - silently ...

When you hear racist remarks - in your mind - in your head or in your souls - correct it. Any time. Watch what happens.
Use the word “person” not a discription.

Racism is everywhere. Everywhere we look and every where we listen. It’s in our advertise and in our songs. It in our books and the way we think. Time to take control of our own individual self’s.
Make it a point to correct the “color” or anytime some one uses color to discribe some one- in your mind at that moment when you hear it - correct it.
When I do this in real life it makes changes. It brings to light what’s hidden.
Try it what have you got to loose???
Maybe some one else’s hate -
Pastor Carlos
Feel free to comment or even post -

If ya don’t wanna change that’s ok too buuuuut for those who want actual change - not just complain... here’s a lesson for ya.
That which you think can be how you act.
Your focus determines your reality.
What ya think is what ya do.
Inside is where outside dwells.

Get it ? Good now try it if ya like.

2 free lessons
In our library
https://www.jamesallen.wwwhubs.com/think.htm

Worth a look see
And

Garbage in, garbage out. Look it up
Force continue to be with yall

Like some dudes say often - Be most excellent to each other

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
3 years 9 months ago #353109 by Kobos
I have been trying to have more fun with things because several people have told me in the last few months I have become pettier and more detached from the light side of things. From optomist to realist to pessimist. So I picked up the old star wars game and I think this quote is relevant to what you were saying above.

Atris: Every choice we make, whether we know it or not, sends echoes through the force. It can awaken feelings, ignite passions, hate, anger, fear - where none existed before. By meeting aggression, by serving as an opponent against which the Mandalorians could test themselves, you fed their hate, their lust for war! And it sent a terrible echo through you. And because of it, you and those Jedi who met them on the battlefield lost their way... and you turned on us.

Just a few thoughts on the above post. Keep it up Carlos!

Much Love,
Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 9 months ago #353183 by Carlos.Martinez3
The variations are endless..

Every journey begins with the first step - we ALL know this. From the first story we hear or read or are told - begining is where the story’s usually begin.
Some begin with - THE CHASE
Some backwards
Some in the middle
Some in the future
All begin with walking through a door and making a desision.
Not every door is the same. Not every experience is the same.
THEY DONT HAVE TO BE- they can’t -
This for me as a Pastor of the Order means that each modern day Jedi have a very acute and personal balance of what’s all available. It’s sooooo personal it’s almost - sacred. Specifics are to the individuals.
How you find love
How you find joy
How you find pardon
How you find Hope
How you find Faith
How you find what Light you need

Is totally up to you.

Do you see where the vastness of combinations can vary?

Comes with the territory.
Think about it Jedi
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #353329 by Carlos.Martinez3
23 .
The simplest form can use much. Think of the birth of a breeze. Fathered by the sun, born in the air. Rain? A storm? Who truly the author of them? In it’s time, it, find its balance, man’s rash endeavors are just like them.

Welcome the Force and see the difference becoming a part of it can make.

Apply it to virtually and well in a different form of virtual. Apply it to loss and dwell in a different form of loss, dark and even light.
Applying the Force can change the form of outcomes.

Be ready

Changing seeds changes crops!

I felt this all week

Changing seeds changes crops

Hope this helps this week.
May the Force we find - seek and share be with y’all this week -
Pastor Carlos

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/123569-a-modern-day-jeddist-book-of-change-a-shepards-journal

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 9 months ago #353336 by Kobos
I have been thinking along a similar line recently. We will reap what we have sown, what that is I don't know. But it won't take long for us to plant a new field. Place seeds in the dirt, do not salt it because you didn't like what was there before.

Much Love,
Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #353401 by Carlos.Martinez3
Challenge

www.neighborhoodarchive.com/mrn/episodes/1730/index.html

Taken from here

Episode 1730
Topic You and I Together
Air Date July 31, 1998
Mister Rogers starts out by explaining that he only zips his sweater half-way because he wears a microphone on his tie.

He then heads to the kitchen where he draws a rainbow before reflecting on a local place where children visit to play with toys. This is followed by a brief lesson on people being unique. Leading into make-believe, Mister Rogers uses common items from his kitchen to set the scene rather than his models.

In the Neighborhood of Make-Believe, Lady Aberlin is talking to Queen Sara about Kevin Wendell Gorilla and suggests that he may not be a real gorilla. Meanwhile, at the clock, Daniel and Kevin agree to be friends as they sing You Are Special. After singing, Kevin Wendell Gorilla reveals that he is really Neighbor Aber wearing a gorilla costume. He was doing an experiment to see how people would treat him if he didn't look like himself.

Back at the house, Mr. McFeely stops by to pick up Zak: The One-of-a-Kind Dog for the library and reads it with Mister Rogers. Outside, Mr. McFeely demonstrates a unique wind-up toy he calls a "speedy critter."

Me and the family have a morning routine. Often times we watch something calming and cool from our archives - black and white movies- old vintage movies - that type of thing. Our choice - today we watched Fred hit me right in the heart.
For the fans, the excerp is directly from the web site attached.
Seeing the “beast “ Kevin Wendel run around and how this episode plays out : jogged my heart. Some may find it offensive and it is never the intention to offend any one. Please know that is not the intention.
This one got me-

Notes:

Mister Rogers' reflection early in the episode was of scences from the Center for Creative Play in Pittsburgh, PA. The Center for Creative Play closed its doors in early 2008 [source].
The book read near the end, Zak: The One-of-a-Kind Dog, was written by Jane Lidz.
The wind-up toy demonstrated by Mr. McFeely is actually called a Critter marketed by Kinkerland.
As Mister Rogers walks to his kitchen, Let's Be Together plays in the background.
As Lady Aberlin leaves the castle, A Perfectly Beautiful Day plays in the background.
This episode is included on the It's a Beautiful Day Collection (DVD).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=77O3NJwq1hM

These are not our platforms and not our vidoes so they may be edited cut blah blah blah - this is one of those episodes worth finding- go find it !

It’s the last 30 seconds that put the nail in it for me - I would like to share this today with my Temple.
Thank you
Pastor Carlos

Due to blue ray payers - I sat and watch Fred tear up several time this whole episode.

May the Force continue to be with y’all

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #353449 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment E3D51C59-CC9C-4DC0-8E4D-A13C999E9537.jpeg not found

This is Punch. It is a hybrid Hibiscus. It’s store name is Hawaiian Punch.
Hibiscus is a genus of flowering plants in the mallow family, Malvaceae. In nature there are hundreds of species. As humans we have created many different variations of the plant as far as colors and designs.
Punch - the plant - is my guy. One of my nicknames was “Hawaiian Punch” - like the drink, except the reference was to my quick temper. I like the plant. It has some bright red- ish color that can dwarf the natural siblings around the house. The problem is the ducks -but mainly the turkeys we have. The ducks love dirt and mud. That’s their thing. Turkeys - ours are super chill and super passive. They remind me of Stoner friends I used to have. They are twice the size of chickens so it’s kinna neat to see this beast just slow and calm all the time. Partly the reason for having them as well. 7 turkeys patrol the yard. They got to the front of the house where we keep the plants and flowering things. The pretty stuff.

They tore Punch to pieces. The horror! He must have been delicious. It was a beautiful plant with bright - BRIGHT flowers. Gone in 60 seconds poof!!!

Here’s the drama - I can’t get mad at these girls. I like them. They are as much food as they are pets, as they are confidants at times. (eggs are huge and they have some way of cuddling ... it’s strange.)
My poor plant.
Now - they’re regrowing and truthfully the next batch coming out WILL be stronger and more fuller than before but my poor plant, man!

I feel like Punch some days.
Picked apart and left for dead.
Pieces scattered and no one really to get mad at. Just confused and standing watching the horror. I couldn’t even get mad at my turkeys - they found a delicious gift from the ground - time and effort tasted delicious lol. Boy, I wanted to punt a bird across the yard - but I didn’t.
Today I woke up and the new growth was just popping out. There a sigh of relief when we see new things grow. It is for me any way. When we see the buds or the new leaves - it can remind us that even though - Even Though we go through hard times and troubles - if we ain’t dead- growth can still happen. It can and it does.
Growth after death or after adversity can be twice as strong and twice as fruitful. It may not be ideal - no one want to get eaten by turkeys - no one wanted the Pandemic yet here we are.

My hope is that we remember - don’t forget the sun rises and sets and things have their time. Use what you’ve studied and apply it. If any time can benefit from the lessons we have learned it’s NOW. Return to what ya know - “the next flow is coming up” the next generation is here- it is tomorrow - we are here.

Here is the time we are in.

I am here with you.
If you need rest - May you find rest
If you need encouragement may you find encouragement
If you need some one

Get a hold of some one- in real life. Reach out

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/contact-clergy
If you ever need you can be under a Oath of Comfidence or just let some steam off and share.

Know that hope can come after all this and even during.

Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi