The Block

More
6 years 4 months ago #308691 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
I am a hobbit Trekkie narnian army medic VET potter coast guard rescue
Swimmer 5 year high school graduate, San Antonio street fighter, greater 48 resident; Texan by choice, hat tippin, tea sippin, door holdin, rule maker, law breaker, speed limits driver, star gazer, dream chaser, book reader, lover, hater, Dorito junkie, pot supporter (not smoker YET!) Buddhist, Taoist, half oceanic, half Chicano, all Jedi and everything in between.

If ever you would like to make a list of everything you are feel free to post it here. That is one thing the Temple can do, is validate.
We are not in the business of denying any one and any ones faith . On the contrary - we say yes! Yes you are ! Yes you can be . Yes you are right . So in that light what are you - what type of Jedi are you friends ? I had fun pen ning this little list that is no means at full length . Some day I will list it in full but you get the point right ? I hope so - Jedi are smart , that's on of the many reasons I like y'all as continue to serve each and every one of y'all here in this great place .
Force be with us as we ALL seek the Force !
Carlos Jedi Knight and clergy

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #308804 by Carlos.Martinez3
Bump

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 4 months ago #308920 by Carlos.Martinez3
The ZAX
By Dr Sues (c)1961
This is a Martinez family favriot . Thought ide share as it's one of the more famious shorts ! You can it in The Sneetches and other stories on line - Barnes n Noble - Amazon - any children's resale or book resale shops - I suggest finding a copy ! Now - to the tale !!!!

The ZAX - one day, while making tracks in the prairie of prax, came a North going ZAX and a South going ZAX. And it happened that both of them came to a place where they bumped. There they stood. Foot to foot. Face to face. " look here , now!" The North going ZAX said. " I say! You are blocking My path. You are right in my way. I'm a north going ZAX and I always go north. Get out of my way, now, and let me go forth ! " " Who's in whose way? " snapped the south going ZAX. " I always go south , making south going tracks. So your in my way! And I ask you to move and let me go south in my south going grove. " Then the North going ZAX puffed up his chest with pride," I never," he said, " take a step to one side. And I'll prove to you that I won't change my ways if I have to keep standing here 59 days" " And I'll prove to you ," yelled the south going ZAX, " that I can stand here in the prairie of Prax for 59 years! For I live by a rule that I learned as a boy back at south going school, never budge! That's my rule. Never budge in the least! Not and inch to the west! Not a inch to the east! I'll stay here , not budging ! I can and I will if it makes you and me and the whole world stand still!"

Well... of course the world didn't stand still. The world grew. In a couple of years the new highway came through. And they built it right over those two stubborn ZAX and left them standing in budged in their tracks.
End of line
May we find the Force we seek and not be un movable - un teachable - un learnable and some times un lovable with the light of a ZAX. Smile temple- life is sometimes that easy , not all the time but sometimes .... just and inch ... yea !

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 3 months ago #309172 by Carlos.Martinez3
A bump

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 3 months ago #309687 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/sermons/2415-carlos-2

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #310261 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic The Block
Carlos, I'm here to meet you at the block. You are a wonderful example of a person whose sole focus is to build them up. Thank you for being a piece of the puzzle that helps me do what needs to be done in this world. Your positivity just shines through. Have a Fantastic Friday!

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by thomaswfaulkner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 3 months ago #310374 by Carlos.Martinez3

thomaswfaulkner wrote: Carlos, I'm here to meet you at the block. You are a wonderful example of a person whose sole focus is to build them up. Thank you for being a piece of the puzzle that helps me do what needs to be done in this world. Your positivity just shines through. Have a Fantastic Friday!

You are so very welcome friend ...as iron sharpens iron as some say ... we share stories and ideas and ways and lights and paths and roads and eventually we lead to the same few - the main is that we treat one another like human beings. Jedi.- the label that can remove all labels. May you join me in the new year and may we have a stronger walk togeather here as well as the Temple but truly in our every day real world life.
If change happens inside , the ones who benifit- outside - are the ones who are directly in front of us. Maybthe Force we share seek and serve find us both as we seek it ! See ya next Monday !

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 3 months ago #310677 by Carlos.Martinez3
Happy holidays and turn of time y'all!
What a Monday . I find my new addition and current family at a Bob Evens waiting for New Years breakfast ! That's total of 4 for our new family , no longer little. I often read my son as many stories and myths from as many places I can. I wish my dad would have read me them but that's neither here nor there - I am here now and I not only fill my shoes -I pick my boot- so to speak. We read from Grimms tales and this one stuck out the other day. Ide like to share it with y'all

A merchant had done good bismess at the fair; he had sold his wares, and lined his money bags with gold and silver. Then he wanted to travel homewards, and be in his own house by night fall. So , he packed his horse with the money and rode away.
At noon he rested in a town, and when he wanted to go further the stable boy brought out his horse and said ," a nail is wanting sir in the shoe if it's hind foot." " Let it be wantin " answered the merchant ; " the shoe will certainly stay on the six miles I still have to go, I am in a hurry"
In the afternoon, when he once more alighted and had his horse fed, the stable boy went into the room with him and said," a shoe is missing from your horses hind foot, shall I take him to the blacksmith?" "Let it still be wanting " answered the man; " the horse can hold out for the couple of miles that remain. I am in haste."
He rode forth , but before long the horse began to limp. It had not limped long before it began to stumble and it had not stumbled long before it fell down and broke its leg. Teerxhant was forced to leave the horse where it was, and unbuckle the trunk , take it on his back , and go home on foot. And there he did not arrive untill quite late at night. " and that un lucky nail ," said he to himself," has caused all this disaster."

Make haste slowly

Make haste slowly ---- this one simple story and moral seems to be the hardest things to do for me. I think Grimm says " think about the future" quite often in his stories or just "think bro" ( bro added for my own mind )
The story is called " The nail" it's a short story by Jakob and Wilhelm. I have the complete collection which i recommend any parent have for - day time night time or any time story time.
What do you think ? Peace and the Force be with y'all!!

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 3 months ago #311531 by Carlos.Martinez3
somthing to think about this week if you like ...
When your tank runs out , where do you find your resolve ? Where do you find your focus?
It is said ... to know others takes wisdom : my add( not knowledge)
Knowing yourself is wise.
Mastering others takes strength : my add ( not want )
Mastering yourself is power : My add ( for ourself to use not others.)
Knowing when is enough is rich.
Steadfast is the heart that seeks - he who stays endures : my add ( this is where experience points are gotten learned and earned)
To die but not perish is to be eternally present .
Book of change 33 my own personal version

To do ... to be in it - to go thru life is some times where we flex and learn. In the seek if it ... what ever we seek - it's in the prosess we gain. The experience points we get ... those never go away. We pass those by simply getting em.
By simply "enduring it" or living it. We can't get out of living but we can let it beat us and sway and break us or ---- DALING!!! Get some experience points!
Get some Jedi and ... save em pass them and be glad you got em!
Love ya temple ! All y'all!
Carlos Jedi Knight Clergy councilor

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 3 months ago #311534 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment IMG_0729.GIF not found