• Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98557 by
Jedi as a name was created by
Jedi
http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/jedi
The name Jedi is a baby boy name.

Hebrew Meaning:
The name Jedi is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Jedi is: Beloved by God.

SoulUrge Number: 5
People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.

Expression Number: 1
People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
10 years 10 months ago #107642 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Jedi as a name
In the early days of TOTJO, Master Rachat et Supior (Can't remember the exact spelling) or Master Bridget had a banner with the Hebrew saying done for her signature years ago. It's interesting how the name really has a meaning that many people are not aware of.

Rav Adam wrote: Jedi
http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/jedi
The name Jedi is a baby boy name.

Hebrew Meaning:
The name Jedi is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Jedi is: Beloved by God.

SoulUrge Number: 5
People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.

Expression Number: 1
People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107651 by
Replied by on topic Jedi as a name
With only my basic understanding of Hebrew, and some internet searches, I got the following.

Jedi, obviously isn't Hebrew, the same as Jesus and Joshua, and Judas, they're English variants of the Hebrew language.

Jedidiah (Yedidya) means "Beloved of God"

So on that Jedi only means "Beloved of God" if it's used as a short name for Jedidiah.

The word Jedi (Yadaee or Yedaai Yeddaey) would be "yeda" for knowledge

When Yeda is stuck with ee or ai or ey it denotes what would be "man of knowledge"

I'm not exactly sure why the ee/ai/ey turns it into that, since "adam" is man, and it would seem like "yedadama" should be "man of knowledge", but that's the way it is.. :D

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi