Christian Qoutes and Teachings

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7150 by
Replied by on topic Re:Christian Qoutes and Teachings
Matthew 13:31-35 (Mark 4:30-32; Luke 13:18 f.)
31 Another parable he put before them, saying, \"The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field; 32 it is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.\" 33 He told them another parable. \"The kingdom of heaven is like leaven which a woman took and hid in three measures of flour, till it was all leavened.\" 34 All this Jesus said to the crowds in parables; indeed he said nothing to them without a parable. 35 This was to fulfil what was spoken by the prophet: \"I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter what has been hidden since the foundation of the world.\"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7151 by
Luke 12:13-21
13 One of the multitude said to him, \"Teacher, bid my brother divide the inheritance with me.\" 14 But he said to him, \"Man, who made me a judge or divider over you?\" 15 And he said to them, \"Take heed, and beware of all covetousness; for a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.\" 16 And he told them a parable, saying, \"The land of a rich man brought forth plentifully; 17 and he thought to himself, `What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?' 18 And he said, `I will do this: I will pull down my barns, and build larger ones; and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; take your ease, eat, drink, be merry.' 20 But God said to him, `Fool! This night your soul is required of you; and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?' 21 So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.\"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7154 by
Joshua 1:9

Be strong and of a good courage.
be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed
for the Lord thy God is with thee
withersoever thou goest.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 7 months ago #7160 by Neaj Pa Bol
Something I just wanted to share with you. I told Perris about this several days ago and have been quiet in my time, in prayer and meditation.

Last week, the 5th of the month my family and I went through the loss of two of our wolves to age related issues. I had them since they were born and for me much like other children. I miss them dearly, but that wasn't the only issue.

Later that evening, one of our Wolves was seriosly wounded in a fence fight. Somehow his foot and then leg was pulled into the fence and his leg was seriously injured. Because he was an abused cub when I got him back at 5 months he is very timid and vocal to those he does not know. He doesn't trust easy, so it was an impossibilty to get him into the Vet's for treatment without the risk of more injuries, or having to put him down. So the only choice was to watch him carefully in the next few days in order to make that judgement call.

Yesterday evening I spent some time looking at him and felt an amazement to see the swelling down, the wound clean and what presents itself as slowly healing. There are moments when the wonders of the Creator of the Force, in my way of belief, that just made me smile and Thankful.

Just wanted to share that small insight with you...

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7162 by
OH THAT'S WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! I have been thinking about you and your wolves since you told me about what happened and i'm overjoyed to hear that they are all doing well now.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #7167 by Jon
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that is not what a ship is for.”
- Thomas Aquinas

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7591 by
\"You wonder why people choose fields away from the States when young people at home are drifting because no one wants to take time to listen to their problems. Ill tell you why I left. Because those Stateside young people have every opportunity to study, hear, and understand the Word of God in their own language, and these Indians have no opportunity whatsoever. I have had to make a cross of two logs, and lie down on it, to show the Indians what it means to crucify a man. When there is that much ignorance over here and so much knowledge and opportunity over there, I have no question in my mind why God sent me here. Those whimpering Stateside young people will wake up on the Day of Judgment condemned to worse fates than these demon-fearing Indians, because, having a Bible, they were bored with it---while these never heard of such a thing as writing.\"
-Jim Elliot, Marytr - Ecudor 1950's

\"What good are Greek, commentaries, insight, gift, and all the rest, if there is no heart for Christ?\"

\"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.\"

\"Lord, make me a crisis man. Let me not be a mile-post on a single road, but make me a fork that men must turn one way or another in facing Christ in me.\"

\"Sainthood lies in the habit of referring the smallest actions to God.\"
-CS Lewis

\"If we cannot believe God when circumstances seem be against us, we do not believe Him at all.\"
-Charles Spurgeon

\"I have found that there are three stages in every great work of God: first, it is impossible, then it is difficult, then it is done.\"
-Hudson Taylor

\"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible.\"
-Corrie Ten Boom, suffered in the Nazi COncentration Camps for aiding Jews.

\"'Not called!' did you say? 'Not heard the call,' I think you should say. Put your ear down to the Bible, and hear him bid you go and pull sinners out of the fire of sin. Put your ear down to the burdened, agonized heart of humanity, and listen to its pitiful wail for help. Go stand by the gates of hell, and hear the damned entreat you to go to their father's house and bid their brothers and sisters, and servants and masters not to come there. And then look Christ in the face, whose mercy you have professed to obey, and tell him whether you will join heart and soul and body and circumstances in the march to publish his mercy to the world.\"
-William Booth

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7660 by
I wanted to put this in here, it seems the best place for it at the moment anyways. When I was a Christian a while ago, this little song always made me feel warm inside. In a way it still does, but just for different reasons. Anyways, hope you enjoy.

Sanctuary

Lord prepare me, to be a Sactuary
Pure and Holy, Tried and True
With Thanksgiving, I'll be a Living
Santuary, for You.

DK

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #7679 by Jon
“Where is my faith? Even deep down there is nothing but emptiness and darkness. If there be a God — please forgive me.”
-Mother Teresa

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #7718 by Jon
\"From the Anglo-Saxon Dream of the Rood, through Dante's Divine Comedy to T.S. Eliot's Four Quartets - the Christian story is the shaping spirit of this culture, and therefore my life.\"

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi