What is Christianity?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7106 by
What is Christianity? was created by
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
– C.S. Lewis

Christianity Defined: A faith based on the belief that Jesus Christ is the son of God, sent to earth to save mankind from the punishment of sin.

It is also the belief that every person has been given an opportunity through Jesus’ death and resurrection to enter into a personal relationship with God on earth and for eternity. The result of making a commitment to Christ is a changed life. Believing that the Bible is the living breathing Word of God and without error, Christians use it as a guide book to instruct the way to live.

Christianity has Jewish roots. Yeshua (Jesus) was Jewish, He was brought up as Jew, observed Torah, went to synagogue on shabbat, and observed the holidays. The Apostles, the first disciples of Yeshua, were Jewish followers of Christ.

What makes Christianity different?

1. It is a spiritual belief system open to all, regardless of age, religion, sex, or economic status.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16) (NAS)

2. It is a religion that answers the problem of sin. Freedom from sin is not based on our works, but on our acceptance of God’s grace.

Other faiths believe that salvation is based on good deeds or keeping certain laws. Christianity recognizes that \"There is none righteous, not even one\" (Romans 3:10) (NAS). The Bible clearly says that “He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy.” (Titus 3:5) (NAS)

3. Unlike Buddha, Mohammad, and other religious leaders, Christianity accepts that its Messiah, Jesus Christ, is still alive today. Jesus died for our sins, and was resurrected after 3 days. His resurrection was witnessed by many, and proves His victory over sin and death.

Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died – more than that, who was raised to life – is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. (Romans 8:34) (NIV)

Christianity is faith that Jesus Christ paid the price for sin in our stead. It is an acceptance of the Bible as the Word of God, and the practice of love and obedience that follows.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #8129 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:What is Christianity?
' HAPPY FALL TO YOU'

From one pumpkin to another!!!!!!!

A woman was asked by a coworker, 'What is it like to be a Christian?'

The coworker replied, 'It is like being a pumpkin.' God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. Then He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff.

He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, and greed. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.'

This was passed on to me by another pumpkin. Now it's your turn to pass it to other pumpkins.

I liked this enough to send it to all the pumpkins in my patch.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 6 months ago #8133 by Neaj Pa Bol
And HAPPY FALL TO YOU Jon.....

For me, what Christianity is is a lesson learned from my own Mother just hours before her stroke and days before her passing, as well as a vision a few months after her passing.

My mother was not one that spoke often about her beliefs, but when she did, it always had a strong meaning. Her last lesson, face to face with me, I will never forget. We were not on the subject of beliefs or religion. Just an out of the blue statement while telling me that if anything were to happen on the planned trip she and my step-father intended to take in the next few days, was where I would find all the papers and vital information for them at her home.

Nieve of the coming events that would take place, I casually said ok, but said that nothing was going to happen, her reply to me was, \"I am at peace with my higher power if anything were to happen. She loved God and was content with her life.\"

Little did any of us know what the next events would be.

Though my heart felt broken and lost in losing her, my father had already passed on nearly 15 years before, I tried to be strong and hid the pain. In the months that came, I was struggling with her loss when I was given what I believe was a gift. A Vision, one where she returned for a moment of time in a form not that I would have believed could be, a ballroom dance that reminded me of the ball scene from the movie, the \"Labyrinth\" with David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly, but no faces were recognizable just before a Crystal ball that shimmered with multitudes of color before a little old woman like a Gypsy Grandmother whose face I still could not see, directed me to a door, that when it opened with blinding white light and as I stepped over the doorway came out to our back yard of the house we lived in in Nevada, and in that short moment of time, she was there and let her tell me that she was ok, no longer in pain but could not stay and had to go, but she loved me as she drifted upwards into the clouds. After awaking I prayed that this was not just my mind messing with me.

Fantasy? Reality? Only my heart knows. That night after awaking that morning with this vision in my mind, at a gift shop, a ring with a small crystal ball, the same brilliance as the one in this vision, stood out to me, my husband and daughter, whom I told about this vision, I purchased the ring and felt a sense of calm in doing so.

Faith is what one believes is only known by that person, but yet shared by so many. Each of us finds what we believe in by our own faith. Faith is just that... Faith. However one comes to it, no different than that of the person that follows the Jewish Faith, Muslim Faith, Buddist, etc. Even if it just Jediism as their whole faith. I can not make you believe what I believe and vice versa.

Textbook answers can be given left and right... But for any chioce, it comes from that person....

Just my two cents worth....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi