\"Rules for the Forum\"

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 5 months ago #7691 by Jon
Since Christians (a lot of) believe that Christ, the Holy Spirit and the Father are God their picture of that one God is Trinitarian. The Hebrews are very cautious even to give a name to their God etc. Would a title monotlitic be just?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #7692 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re::
Neaj Pa Bol wrote:

Justice wrote:

Maybe we could rename it the \"Monolithic Rite\", lol. They all do have the common factor of believing in just one god. Just have to toss a definition/explaination into the mix so folks know what it is.

Interesting subject, but I would like some imput if we have members of the Jewish or Muslim faith to help in this discussion. We just may need to have additional rites for them if they wish to not be so closely related to Christianity or maybe a sub-rites under a main title to cover all three that can come to an agreement of Monolithic or another name....

Definitely need to chew Tom's ear a bit when he gets back....

The situation is better justified if additional compensatory rites were introduced.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #7699 by
Well, the trinity is just three identities of one God. So I think Mono would still fit.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #7701 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:
Justice wrote:

Well, the trinity is just three identities of one God. So I think Mono would still fit.

They are actually three seperate persons.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #7702 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:
Sorry about going on about this but I feel it is important to understand, and it has been a point of conflict for centuries. In Christian Theology we have God as being three distinct persons in one Substance. In Judaism and Islam there is only one Person and that is God.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #7704 by
I understand that. But the 3 seperate \"persons\" make the one God. In modern Christianity, you will be hard pressed to find someone to say they actually worship the three seperatly. They will say they worship the 3-in-1 and refer to him as the one true God, just like the Jews and Muslims do. I know in the Baptist sect of Christianity that I grew up in and was training to be a minister in from the time I was 16 til 21, God the father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit were referred to seperatly, but worshiped as one. They hold to the holy trinity, but under one name and that the name of God. Don't get me wrong, I completely see and grasp your point about Judaism and Islam.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #7744 by
As a jedi who grew up a muslim, I would not mind it one bit to be in the same category as a christian or jew. It is the point that the three religions worship one deity, trinity or whatever. Maybe we could rename the rites from Christian to monotheism, Buddhist to Esoterica, Wicca to magick, and the pure land and Sith would remain the same name. Even if my name change suggestions don't fit, at least I feel my point was made concerning the renaming regardless of what the rites are actually renamed to.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #7753 by
Yeah, I have to agree with Sekhu_Ba_Ra ... I do think it is very confusing in the naming of the different rites and as well a bit separating ... although still we are all jedi, aren't we ?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #7754 by Jon
I can really appreciate this, and after all we are all Jedi. I actually feel fine with the things as they are. But we have to remember that our Temple has a public character. Imagine having to negotiate with a Muslim or Jew and telling them that we consider their faith to be a part of the Christian Rite.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #7756 by
Replied by on topic Re:"Rules for the Forum"
Jon wrote:

I can really appreciate this, and after all we are all Jedi. I actually feel fine with the things as they are. But we have to remember that our Temple has a public character. Imagine having to negotiate with a Muslim or Jew and telling them that we consider their faith to be a part of the Christian Rite.

It would actually be more accurate to put it as \"The Abrahamic Rite\" since they are all Abrahamic religions. However, there is no need to make changes to these simply because of words. Semantics is not something which need be worried about.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi