This Should Be Christian Not Abrahamic (Yes / No)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57899 by
I can see your point on this. I honestly don't have an idea that would maintain the organizational level. I also do not think that dividing the SIGs further is a wise decision either. Think of all the "religions" out there and how many empty tabs it would generate. You could also take it one step further and you will have people who want sections for their specific denomination, i.e. catholic, baptist, sunni, theraveda, etc. This could lead to feelings of isolation, which may cause individuals to leave, or feel unwanted.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57934 by

csmith wrote: I can see your point on this. I honestly don't have an idea that would maintain the organizational level. I also do not think that dividing the SIGs further is a wise decision either. Think of all the "religions" out there and how many empty tabs it would generate. You could also take it one step further and you will have people who want sections for their specific denomination, i.e. catholic, baptist, sunni, theraveda, etc. This could lead to feelings of isolation, which may cause individuals to leave, or feel unwanted.

I agree with that completely

We have no need to divide them further. Maybe one day we will... but at the moment I think the way we have them is fine

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #58659 by
It seems rather common for families of origin to refuse to change. Like in The Last Samurai. It could be exactly like Christianity and those people would refuse to define themselves differently from what their ancestors were.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #58660 by
in addition, I just realized what you've been talking about on the separation issues. I have to say that, in my opinion, it's overdoing things dividing religions into so many denominations as it is. Christianity itself is broken down into hundreds of "slightly different religions." Political people have even spoken of trying to cut out a lot of the extra nonsense religions. It's gonna get to the point to where there's even a denomimation separating because they believe Jesus had SHORT hair. People nitpick at things like this, and with religion, everyone believes they're 100% right.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #58697 by
Change it to Christian. Will it take up too much bandwidth/time/energy to create standalone Jewish and Islamic SIGs as well?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #58717 by

Desolous wrote: Change it to Christian. Will it take up too much bandwidth/time/energy to create standalone Jewish and Islamic SIGs as well?

Considering there would probably not be many people in those places, and it would be very desolate other than, say, a passing tumbleweed... yeah, it might be a bit of a waste.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #116187 by
Should we separate or unify ? this is the simple question.
ask yourself, now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #116190 by
I remember having this discussion last year or so. I'd say it should be Abrahamic. The reason I say this is because I don't feel that Muslims and Jews should be excluded. However, I'd almost suggest putting this as monotheistic religions. For one thing, all of the Abrahamic religions are. Also, this would include things like Zoroastrianism which, contrary to my former belief, is still around, and the Baha'i Faith. Just a thought.

More
10 years 7 months ago #116241 by steamboat28
Not only that, but there is sufficient overlap in the Abrahamic religions that it should give us something to talk about, to bond over, excuses to learn more about our brother and sister faiths.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #116422 by
Greetings,

As much as I am new here, and as much as I have yet to establish any significant credibility, I realize that the following could be weighted accordingly. That said:

Lumping the many different - Abrahamic faiths as stated - into the same assumes that they are collectively the 'same', which of course they are not. Now, that said, as an organizer of my own website and other such content that requires organization it would be silly to break things apart to provide - as others have pointed out - desolate places for certain topics of like nature.

My concern here is that Christianity is not the same across the different faith groups, not in the slightest, and without some sort of legend to decipher this, it could be come apparent to those passing and without prior knowledge, that they are.

I would however, vote to change it to "Christian(ity)" versus Abrahamic...but in doing so, I would also cut out things such as Judaism, Islam, etc and re-house those elsewhere...since they are not Christian in the slightest (but deserving of their own section).

My 32 cents.
MJ

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi