"God Hates Gays"

  • Star Forge
  • Star Forge's Avatar
  • Guest
15 Mar 2013 20:06 #98013 by Star Forge
Replied by Star Forge on topic "God Hates Gays"
Let me also make this clear. We are not foaming-at-the-mouth Evangelicals or fundamentalists, and as such, as educated and civilized Mainline Protestants, we have no interest in legislating our religious codes into law.. We do not push for school prayer, nor do we oppose abortion, nor do we oppose gay marriage. Our position on homosexuality never mentions what happens outside of the church. And, as I said, it's hardly ever discussed *within* the church, just when somebody pushes the issue.

In other words, we, as a group, don't take part in the gay marriage debate in the secular sense.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Arkda Asterma
  • Arkda Asterma's Avatar
  • Guest
15 Mar 2013 20:13 #98014 by Arkda Asterma
Replied by Arkda Asterma on topic "God Hates Gays"
There are some interesting and quite in depth opinions in the above 11 pages. However for me there is a fundamental problem with allowing religion to dominate what is acceptable or not in any society today. Whether it be the Bible or the Koran there is no definitive proof, particularly in relevance to the salient matters, that what has been written in the last two thousand years holds any factual credeance at all, other than subjective interpretaion reinforced with domination by centuries of religious freaks!!( popes, immans and so on!!!)

Let's face it, the the Catholic church along with the Muslim religion is full of hypocracy and frankly archaic practices that very obviously serve to frustrate the peaceful and indeed logical progression of the human race.

I find it diabolical that in this day an age, with all our factual science and drive for diversity and free spirit, that we still have so many sheep who staunchly follow these false profits living daily with the diluded hope that they are making a 'blind bit of difference'.

I can only hope that one day when evelution allows and common sense prevails, such archaic practices and institutions such as popes and immans etc. etc. will cease to exist, and notwithstanding a healthy degree of dicipline, which is needed within any society, we can all live without unproven religious interference.

Religion may once have had a place in the world, as a vehicle by which the masses were controlled and directed. Those days are surey on their way out. I'm not suggesting that we stop having faith, that is personal and subjective to the individual but please spare me the bullshit brainwashing routine...... it's time to move on and allow us to live the way we were wired to!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2013 02:06 #98078 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic "God Hates Gays"

Arkda Asterma wrote: Whether it be the Bible or the Koran there is no definitive proof, particularly in relevance to the salient matters, that what has been written in the last two thousand years holds any factual credeance at all, other than subjective interpretaion reinforced with domination by centuries of religious freaks!!( popes, immans and so on!!!)

It's strange that you seem so opposed to people presenting opinions as facts when so much of your post is made up of...opinions presented as facts... ;)

I notice that most of your post is copied and pasted from a different post of yours too...

It's not necessary to post the same thing in multiple places to get your point across...you don't like religion, that's perfectly fine, but copying and posting anti-religion posts comes across as very determined and kinda preachy, y'know?

And don't forget...TOTJO is a Church.

I guess that I'm happy being a...what was it...a sheep living with the possibly deluded hope that I'm making a blind bit of difference ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2013 03:21 #98084 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic "God Hates Gays"
Not all of us read everything that's posted in every part of the forum, V-Tog, and while I understand that you have more obligations to do so than I do, try to understand that other people don't have the time to do the same. Whether Arkda posts something once or one hundred times, it is his opinion and he is free to express it. And frankly, the topics he posted in are pretty similar, so I don't see anything wrong with not wanting to rephrase the same sentiment. ;)

Also, simply because he didn't saturate his post with first person statements doesn't mean he was stating his opinions as facts. One of the first things I was taught in school when writing research papers was that first person statements tend to weaken arguments.

I think strong opinions make for the most interesting discussions...likewise, calling someone out for something like copying and pasting lines from their other posts can be really discouraging. When I was first a member here, I had a particular proclivity for scaring people off. A few new members disappeared very quickly because I made it clear that I didn't like what they were saying or how they were saying it. I'm not suggesting that you're doing the same, I just think we have a responsibility to consider the impact out posts have on how comfortable other people feel about posting. ;)

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Arkda Asterma
  • Arkda Asterma's Avatar
  • Guest
16 Mar 2013 12:26 #98110 by Arkda Asterma
Replied by Arkda Asterma on topic "God Hates Gays"
Thank you Angelus for your words and I appreciate your sentiments.

I will say that V-Tog clearly has strong opinions of an opposing nature to mine but in fairness my intention was to push a few buttons and get a flavour of the thoughts and sentiments of the Temple and indeed it's members.

Sometimes one has to boarder on the line between treading on the eggshells and really kicking them about. And sometimes the truth is a bitter pill to swallow!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • suliskveteba
  • suliskveteba's Avatar
  • Guest
16 Mar 2013 12:50 #98111 by suliskveteba
Replied by suliskveteba on topic "God Hates Gays"

Arkda Asterma wrote: There are some interesting and quite in depth opinions in the above 11 pages. However for me there is a fundamental problem with allowing religion to dominate what is acceptable or not in any society today. Whether it be the Bible or the Koran there is no definitive proof, particularly in relevance to the salient matters, that what has been written in the last two thousand years holds any factual credeance at all, other than subjective interpretaion reinforced with domination by centuries of religious freaks!!( popes, immans and so on!!!)

Let's face it, the the Catholic church along with the Muslim religion is full of hypocracy and frankly archaic practices that very obviously serve to frustrate the peaceful and indeed logical progression of the human race.

I find it diabolical that in this day an age, with all our factual science and drive for diversity and free spirit, that we still have so many sheep who staunchly follow these false profits living daily with the diluded hope that they are making a 'blind bit of difference'.

I can only hope that one day when evelution allows and common sense prevails, such archaic practices and institutions such as popes and immans etc. etc. will cease to exist, and notwithstanding a healthy degree of dicipline, which is needed within any society, we can all live without unproven religious interference.

Religion may once have had a place in the world, as a vehicle by which the masses were controlled and directed. Those days are surey on their way out. I'm not suggesting that we stop having faith, that is personal and subjective to the individual but please spare me the bullshit brainwashing routine...... it's time to move on and allow us to live the way we were wired to!!!



a blind bit of difference?

why I couldn't agree with you more

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2013 17:42 #98116 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic "God Hates Gays"

Angelus wrote: Not all of us read everything that's posted in every part of the forum, V-Tog, and while I understand that you have more obligations to do so than I do, try to understand that other people don't have the time to do the same. Whether Arkda posts something once or one hundred times, it is his opinion and he is free to express it. And frankly, the topics he posted in are pretty similar, so I don't see anything wrong with not wanting to rephrase the same sentiment. ;)

Also, simply because he didn't saturate his post with first person statements doesn't mean he was stating his opinions as facts. One of the first things I was taught in school when writing research papers was that first person statements tend to weaken arguments.

I think strong opinions make for the most interesting discussions...likewise, calling someone out for something like copying and pasting lines from their other posts can be really discouraging. When I was first a member here, I had a particular proclivity for scaring people off. A few new members disappeared very quickly because I made it clear that I didn't like what they were saying or how they were saying it. I'm not suggesting that you're doing the same, I just think we have a responsibility to consider the impact out posts have on how comfortable other people feel about posting. ;)

Hello...

I respectfully disagree with...err...everything you said there.

Emphasis on respectfully :)

Arkda Asterma wrote: I will say that V-Tog clearly has strong opinions of an opposing nature to mine but in fairness my intention was to push a few buttons and get a flavour of the thoughts and sentiments of the Temple and indeed it's members.

You don't know what my opinions are. I've been involved in organised religion my whole life but there are many aspects of it that I think are outdated, and sometimes unaccapetable. My post was not based purely on my own views of religion, but that you are determinedly posting anti-religious propaganda at a Church. As you think that religion is such a load of nonsense, I assume that you will be renouncing your oath and membership? ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: suliskveteba

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • suliskveteba
  • suliskveteba's Avatar
  • Guest
16 Mar 2013 20:25 #98129 by suliskveteba
Replied by suliskveteba on topic "God Hates Gays"

V-Tog wrote:

Angelus wrote: Not all of us read everything that's posted in every part of the forum, V-Tog, and while I understand that you have more obligations to do so than I do, try to understand that other people don't have the time to do the same. Whether Arkda posts something once or one hundred times, it is his opinion and he is free to express it. And frankly, the topics he posted in are pretty similar, so I don't see anything wrong with not wanting to rephrase the same sentiment. ;)

Also, simply because he didn't saturate his post with first person statements doesn't mean he was stating his opinions as facts. One of the first things I was taught in school when writing research papers was that first person statements tend to weaken arguments.

I think strong opinions make for the most interesting discussions...likewise, calling someone out for something like copying and pasting lines from their other posts can be really discouraging. When I was first a member here, I had a particular proclivity for scaring people off. A few new members disappeared very quickly because I made it clear that I didn't like what they were saying or how they were saying it. I'm not suggesting that you're doing the same, I just think we have a responsibility to consider the impact out posts have on how comfortable other people feel about posting. ;)

Hello...

I respectfully disagree with...err...everything you said there.

Emphasis on respectfully :)

Arkda Asterma wrote: I will say that V-Tog clearly has strong opinions of an opposing nature to mine but in fairness my intention was to push a few buttons and get a flavour of the thoughts and sentiments of the Temple and indeed it's members.

You don't know what my opinions are. I've been involved in organised religion my whole life but there are many aspects of it that I think are outdated, and sometimes unaccapetable. My post was not based purely on my own views of religion, but that you are determinedly posting anti-religious propaganda at a Church. As you think that religion is such a load of nonsense, I assume that you will be renouncing your oath and membership? ;)


my thoughts exactly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Arkda Asterma
  • Arkda Asterma's Avatar
  • Guest
16 Mar 2013 22:47 #98151 by Arkda Asterma
Replied by Arkda Asterma on topic "God Hates Gays"
Again it is obvious V-Tog that my clear anti-religious opinion has somehow offended your personal religious stance, which considering how such a tollerance stance is the rhetoric of most religions, I'm rather disapointed.

You seem very sure that TOTJO is a church, well that is for debate but let me remind you that the definition of a church is 'a place where a body of like minded people gather'. With that in mind and putting our religous opinions to one side, I still believe and have faith in a greater force that binds this universe and as such my beliefs are probably not that different to yours, I don't know!!:unsure:

However you personal religous faith is nothing to do with anyone but you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2013 22:55 #98152 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic "God Hates Gays"
By your own definition then, totjo IS a church...the place is this site...the "body of like minded people" IS the vast majority of our members...and not to forget totjo IS in fact recognized as a legal church by both the u.s. government and the british government...and more importantly by the majority of like minded people that makeup our membership....

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Out of darkness, he brings light. Out of hatred, love. Out of dishonor, honor-james allen-
He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure-james allen-
The sword is the key to heaven and hell-Mahomet-
The best won victory is that obtained without shedding blood-Count Katsu-
All men's souls are immortal, only the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine -Socrates-
I'm the best at what I do, what I do ain't pretty-wolverine

J.L.Lawson,Sr Knight, B.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: suliskveteba

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZero