What Kind of Jew Are You?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #188366 by
Replied by on topic What Kind of Jew Are You?
It's been some many many MANY Long ages since I studied the religion of my birth (Realtives go back in mormonism since the beginning) But as I recall.... Joseph Smith wasn't any one religion, he jumped into many of them and found them all to be un-truthful. Which is what got him seeking and studying the path to god and eventually running into the woods to pray because of all the sinful relgions around him.

I could be mistaken though.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #188370 by
If he was ever Methodist, they sure did a lot in Sunday School to make sure we never knew about it. :whistle:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #188372 by
Well it is a given fact that The LDS Never taught the truth of a great many things XD lol After all, Joseph Smith wasn't exactly the Saint they make him out to be :laugh: But in the case of it's foundation I don't think the Charts Tree is accurate either.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #188374 by
Ob1Shinobi is correct: Joseph Smith joined the Methodist faith before he founded Mormonism.

ETA: But, as someone else pointed out with the other faiths on that list, Mormonism didn't take root from Methodism or in other words, its founding wasn't directly related to a schism with Methodism. Mormonism was a form of Restoration Christianity.

And as Kitsu Tails related to the full history of Mormonism not being fully in the open, there are many Mormons that don't know that Joseph Smith joined the Methodist faith AFTER he had his grand first vision where he claims God told him all other religions were wrong.

Go figure...
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by . Reason: expounding

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #188375 by
Kitsu, I meant that the Methodists didn't want to be associate with him.. probably for good reason. haha

LTK: I can see why that would be on the chart then. But, it's kind of a mis-representation. Methodism is nowhere near Mormonism. They aren't even closely related. dear lord...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #188376 by

Connor L. wrote: LTK: I can see why that would be on the chart then. But, it's kind of a mis-representation. Methodism is nowhere near Mormonism. They aren't even closely related. dear lord...

Agreed. I made an edit to my post that's inline with your comment.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #188377 by OB1Shinobi
i had to break up with a girl friend once because it turned out that she was even mormon than me

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #301536 by
Congregational. Tried looking it up since it's not on your chart, but can't seem to find which denomination it branches off from.

Edit: Found some charts... It branches off of Methodist, which I'm not sure I believe, cause there are other charts that just don't list it, so I'm just confused.

Edit Again: Another chart lists it as a mix of Baptists, Methodists, and Presbyterians. Even more confused now.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #307916 by
I would say that unless one can prove that one is a direct descendant of the tribe of Judah, one can not be a Jew. It was more than just Jews who were at the base of mount Sinai and received the covenant laws of YHWH.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316666 by
Replied by on topic Re: What Kind of Jew Are You?
Catholic :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi