Who is God to you?

More
7 years 5 months ago #259104 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Who is God to you?
Loving God, as you understand God, is a good thing. Being a Jedi is a good thing. But what I feel is closer to the heart of the matter is communion.

Communion is not just something Christians do to reaffirm the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins and having God in our lives. Communion is also the gathering of like minds and spirits for strengthening of bonds. Many of the “best” churches have strong communion among the parishioners. And that communion is strengthened by the priest/pastor, clergy and the symbolism contained in the service.

You might be surprised to find out that many of the members in your parish have differing views and interpretations of the scriptures. But they often will not vice them in fear of ridicule or breaking that communion. I feel that the ability to have differing views and interpretations of teachings and beliefs is one of the strong points, unifiers, of Jediism.

Your spiritual connection to God and the Force is a part of your journey and not for others to judge. Mathew 7:1-3 "1 Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

The 16 Teachings 1 and 9 “1. Jedi are in touch with the Force. We are open to spiritual awareness and keep our minds in tune with the beauty of the world. We are forever learning and open our minds to experiences and knowledge of ourselves and others.” “9. Jedi have integrity. We are authentic to what we believe and are open, honest and true to our purpose and our minds. We remove all masks to reveal ourselves as courageous and noble of heart. We do not hide from fear of damage to our image because we know that our image cannot be blemished from the words and actions of others.”

So what should you do? Well, what do you feel you should do? After all, this life is your spiritual journey.
;)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #259123 by
Replied by on topic Who is God to you?
The question was asked, so I warn you in advance, here is my answer; 'God' is a fictional supernatural being in the number one bestseller 'the Bible' written by some desert dwelling scribes in the Arabian sand dunes.

More
7 years 5 months ago #259125 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Who is God to you?

Silas Mercury wrote: The question was asked, so I warn you in advance, here is my answer; 'God' is a fictional supernatural being in the number one bestseller 'the Bible' written by some desert dwelling scribes in the Arabian sand dunes.

I'm pretty sure Sven was probably asking those who actually believe in God...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 5 months ago #259127 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Who is God to you?

silas wrote: The question was asked, so I warn you in advance, here is my answer; 'God' is a fictional supernatural being in the number one bestseller 'the Bible' written by some desert dwelling scribes in the Arabian sand dunes.

A fair assessment.
I'll keep it in mind next time I'm reading a "What is Jediism to you" Thread :laugh: B) :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #260741 by
Replied by on topic Who is God to you?

Lenny Bruce wrote: Every day people are straying away from church and going back to God.

Point being, God is everywhere. The church is all the people, not the building. You don't need to be in a specific place in order to worship.

More
7 years 5 months ago #260770 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Who is God to you?
@ sven I love this question. I've noticed your posts. I see the questions common theme. Be sure friend when you seek something out, eventually you will find. Your answer or findings may some times (50% or greater in my own case) yield different answers than that you were expecting. If there is open minded Ness then i ask simply for subject sake and meditation sake, why do u need a God? I know some time ago I asked the very same thing. My quest keeps me here searching along with others. I will never forsake those who truly have found what it was they needed where EVER they find it. I encourage those to seek out more and grow more. When I sat in church after churches preaching and teaching eventually I had to ask my self a few questions. Eventually i found that and many more answers. Keep on keeping on friend. This is the part of being Jedi where we share and learn.
Be well sven and maybe he living Force be with you everywhere you are... it is!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 5 months ago #260996 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic Who is God to you?
Thank you everyone this has helped me overcome I mediated on these things I believe I have overcome.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi