What would (a Jedi) Master Jesus do regarding medical marijuana?

More
16 years 1 month ago #10988 by Br. John
What would Jesus do regarding medical marijuana?

Despite common knowledge and widespread scientific support, the federal government, for nearly 30 years, has kept cannabis in schedule 1 as a deliberate way to deny patients access to medical marijuana.

This includes people suffering from asthma, cancer, migraine headache, chronic pain, spasticity, glaucoma, arthritis, depression and a multitude of other conditions for which cannabis is known to relieve.

(Otherwise) Law abiding honest tax paying citizens all over the USA and elsewhere must risk and sometimes suffer years in prison for providing medicine (medical marijuana) to patients as an act of compassion and personal conscience.

What would Jesus do?

He chose to break the law to heal the sick.

\"At that time Jesus went on the Sabbath day through the corn, and his disciples were hungered, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. 2) But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the Sabbath day 3) But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was hungered, and they that were with him? … 10)

And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered, And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath days? that they might accuse him. 11) And Jesus said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the Sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it and lift it out? 12) How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the Sabbath days. 13) Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other. 14)

Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him. 15) But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence, and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; 16) And charged them that they should not make him known.\" (Matthew 12: 1-2, 10-16) (also see Mark 3, Luke 13, John 9)

This fun discussion includes what would a Jedi do as well as speculation on Good Master Jesus as best we know of him.

This statement is my personal opinion and not the policy of The Order.

I am biased and remember that abuse is not an argument against proper use.

Br. John+

Chaplain of The Order

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 1 month ago #10994 by Jon
Would he need it? Would he not heal through the faith of the sick person?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

More
16 years 1 month ago #10995 by Br. John
Not if there was an ordinary way of doing it. Why did Good Master Jesus mix clay with his spit and put it on they eyes of the blind man to cure him instead of just waving his hand and doing it?

Help me with this Master Jon. I love Jesus but I despise Paul. He's full of malarkey and it's no secret that the Apostles (who actually knew Jesus could not stand him). Don't have much use for that last Gospel either (John). My Jesus is from Mark, Matthew and Luke (and the suppressed Gospel of Thomas which says the less organized the church the better) the rest is probably the result of some bad mushrooms or a sunstroke.

Thank you my friend,

John

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #10996 by
Well, if my interpretations are anywhere near correct from my time spent reading the bible; God acts through us, by us, for us, and by our actions. Uhm.... Simply put......

The answer to our problems is always right under our noses. Have faith and the answer will present itself to you. HE helps those who help THEMSELVES.

IMO Jesus would be all for medicinal marijuana. Sure, some may argue that it is a controlled substance, but this is the man that turned water into wine. Nothing becomes evil without the evil intent of the person that controls it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #10997 by
Why would Jesus not like marijuana? His dad created it ? I am by no means a biblical scholar, but isn't there a line about loving all of God's creatures great and small? Or something like that.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 1 month ago #11000 by Jon
Br. John wrote:

Not if there was an ordinary way of doing it. Why did Good Master Jesus mix clay with his spit and put it on they eyes of the blind man to cure him instead of just waving his hand and doing it?

Help me with this Master Jon. I love Jesus but I despise Paul. He's full of malarkey and it's no secret that the Apostles (who actually knew Jesus could not stand him). Don't have much use for that last Gospel either (John). My Jesus is from Mark, Matthew and Luke (and the suppressed Gospel of Thomas which says the less organized the church the better) the rest is probably the result of some bad mushrooms or a sunstroke.

Thank you my friend,

John

Oh I love this Br.John. And certainly I will oblige B) . Well in the text you mentioned (Mark) it was the crowd who asked for the healing. There was no act of faith from the man. Just the desire to be healed. Now in in Matthew he heals two blind men who say first:\"Take pity on us Son of David\". JC replies \"Your faith deserves it, so let this be done for you\". He only touched them, no substances were used. JC loves the people and helps but replies in kind. The material wish causes a material healing, and an act of faith brings the healing of body and soul.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #11003 by
on this topic. well lets see when jesus healed the sick and fed the hungry, it was through gods willing but his own hand. through this when we look at the weed plant, lets see it grows like a plant, it has an aremo like a flower, yet it is illegal. well that is because when one smokes the weed plant they become lost in a sense. they do not have full control of themselves. hence people under the influence should not drive or do anything were they have to use all there reactions in a timely fashion. now medical, if a man or woman is dying from an agonizing pain and weed helped them, yes they should be able to smoke it but under supervision. the weed should be sold through a govt office and grown on a farm from the govt. if they can help control it then it wont fall into the wrong hands hopefully? i say that with a very open mind. now we have all tried it its natural and also it is non leathl. lets face it though all of us do not need it, nor should we smoke it unless we dictact why it helps. now this is coming from a tabacco smoker lol so take from it what you will. MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #12178 by
I don't recall Jesus getting drunk and driving a donkey into a fence. And if you go with the idea that God created it, it must be good for us........ That seems like an easy argument to counter.

I believe in moderation. There are things that many people can't handle or control. Alcohol kills thousands in America every year. Smoking kills thousands every year. Aurguable all made by God.

So why can't someone who is termanally ill smoke some weed? Personally I don't care. But most people don't smoke marijuana for a terminal illness. They smoke it to get high.

I don't drink alcohol or smoke. I have seen too many family members and friends suffer from addiction.

Life is the ultimate high for me. Life, Jesus, my family, and all that God has created.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #12187 by Br. John
I agree that not everything God made is good for human beings to consume. I am well acquainted with lives destroyed by drug abuse. Both my father and his father died at 55 from alcohol abuse.

This is a narrow question of \"Would you break the law and give a suffering person marijuana if it was the only thing that relieved their pain?\"

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #12193 by
Bro John wrote

Would you break the law and give a suffering person marijuana if it was the only thing that would relieve their pain

I know it is rude to answer a question with a question so i'll start with,
1) in Oregon medical marijuana is legal.
2) I had a very good friend several years ago who was dying of bone cancer. Craig had the best pain meds money could buy but he wasn't eatting. So another friend, David, would have him smoke a joint about 30 minutes before a meal to give him the munchies. This was way before medical marijuana.
3) why the kicker in the question that Only marijuana would relieve the pain? Are you trying to get Jedi to admit they would break a law for a friend, or when circumstances appear to give them no other option?

Are not Jedi defenders of the law? Isn't that why we have a code?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi