Guide 2nd Edition

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1548 by
Guide 2nd Edition was created by
Gentle Readers:

Ladies and Gentlemen, if admiration were dimes y'all would be billionaires. The Order's Ad Hoc Committees and all those who've taken time to praise, comment and note what we lack are all on Br. John's A List. ;-}

Based on this info the executive level forum Committees (Standing) is here. We have more committees that are not established so these are not a final list of our standing committees.

As a general rule a member may serve on two committees and chair one committee. A member may nominate and vote for themselves which is also known as volunteering.

The new Forums are easy to edit and add so if you don't like anything just tell me what you want and let's get this show on the road. Use Robert's Rules of Order as your default and each committee can make its own rules. I can answer any questions about procedure.

Master Dunn and myself are ex officio members of all the committees so we do not vote or chair. We read and rarely comment but are ready to help if asked, and please try not to ask until you've solved the problem yourself first. :-}

The Force Is With You.

God's Peace Be With You All,

Br. John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1551 by
Replied by on topic Re:Guide 2nd Edition
If I may Br. John, I'm not sure I caught all the meaning your post, but it sounded to me as if you were asking for ideas other committees could be formed to complete tasks that the populace would like done. If I am wrong in this assumption, be sure to let me know. I for one would like to see a \"semi-set\" training schedule for \"newbies\" to complete before being taken on by a master or knight to be trained. I have seen this on other sites (where it usually does not get completed) and everyone seems gung-ho about it. The proposed purpose is to get everyone the basic knowledge needed before beginning an apprenticeship into Jediism. I think this is something that maybe valuable here, especially since, as of yet anyways, master and knights are somewhat few, and newbies and the people in the middle are much more abundant. It would weed out those not serious about an apprenticeship, among other problems that people might encounter during an apprenticeship. At the same time, starting all apprentices off at a somewhat same level before being \"picked up\" by a master or knight.

If anyone else has anything to add or take away from this idea, please voice it. Its something that seems it should work pretty well, but to date I have never seen completed on any other site. The curriculum of course would be voted on by the members and then taught to those not already granted master, knight or apprentice status. Please don't take this as a sign to rush to get a master, if you don't have one, this work (if voted in) would likely be more beneficial than not to you.

So I guess what I'm saying is I suggest a committee be formed to discuss the possibility of such a program, to have it voted on by the members, then if voted yay, for said committee to come up with a curriculum to be taught to the pilot class also to be voted on. This of course will not be able to come to frution completely untill the first committee finishes their task of assigning rank, due to the fact that masters and knights will be needed to volunteer to give most of the instruction. Please come forth with everyones thoughts.

Dhagon Krayt

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1553 by
i actually like that idea, i think it has a promise. it does sound good to have the masters and knights spend there time with the serious ones. i agree with this idea.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1554 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

If I may Br. John, I'm not sure I caught all the meaning your post, but it sounded to me as if you were asking for ideas other committees could be formed to complete tasks that the populace would like done. If I am wrong in this assumption, be sure to let me know. I for one would like to see a \"semi-set\" training schedule for \"newbies\" to complete before being taken on by a master or knight to be trained. I have seen this on other sites (where it usually does not get completed) and everyone seems gung-ho about it. The proposed purpose is to get everyone the basic knowledge needed before beginning an apprenticeship into Jediism. I think this is something that maybe valuable here, especially since, as of yet anyways, master and knights are somewhat few, and newbies and the people in the middle are much more abundant. It would weed out those not serious about an apprenticeship, among other problems that people might encounter during an apprenticeship. At the same time, starting all apprentices off at a somewhat same level before being \"picked up\" by a master or knight.

If anyone else has anything to add or take away from this idea, please voice it. Its something that seems it should work pretty well, but to date I have never seen completed on any other site. The curriculum of course would be voted on by the members and then taught to those not already granted master, knight or apprentice status. Please don't take this as a sign to rush to get a master, if you don't have one, this work (if voted in) would likely be more beneficial than not to you.

So I guess what I'm saying is I suggest a committee be formed to discuss the possibility of such a program, to have it voted on by the members, then if voted yay, for said committee to come up with a curriculum to be taught to the pilot class also to be voted on. This of course will not be able to come to frution completely untill the first committee finishes their task of assigning rank, due to the fact that masters and knights will be needed to volunteer to give most of the instruction. Please come forth with everyones thoughts.

Dhagon Krayt

Thank you for chairing the Committees/Curriculum and Education Committee. This is a big deal and you'll have sub-committees to help as soon as you get set up.

MTFBWY,

Br. John

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1557 by
Wow, I don't know what to say.....

.... Thank you for the opportunity to head such an operation. I do however want to give everyone the opportunity voice any opposition to me chairing this committee, I don't want it to seem some sort of insider benefit or something. If there is no opposition, I would like anyone not already on a committee to shoot me a PM and let me know. I'm specifically looking to represent all aspects (i.e. Light, Gray, Dark, Shadow) or views of the force, so as the basic knowledge taught still lets the pre-apprentice choose their own path. Once again thank you, and let your voices be heard on this matter.

Dhagon Krayt

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1559 by
Congratulation....as far as opposition....You'll get none from me. I think you are a fine candidate for this work. MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1572 by
what other commitees could we really think up? Many people are taking care of the issues we may have...but i could be wrong and am open to any commitee.

i vote with brother Tom on Dhagon. He will be just fine for heading the commitee.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1579 by
Agreed, I think you will be a wonderful chair for that position.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1594 by
Thank you for all your comments, I humbly accept this position. I will do what I can to ensure this is the best possible \"beginners class\" there is. Unfortunately I cannot announce my other committee members until ranks have been assigned, seeing that it has been agreed upon that knights and masters should come up with the program and syllabus.

Do note, I will accept any and all suggestions and any donations of material ,via posts or otherwise, that we could get syllabus content from would be appreciated. I know of some already on this site, but more is welcome. Thank you once again and MTFBWY.

Dhagon Krayt

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1603 by
We know you will. And I have some material i'd like to send you..What is your email?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi