Vacant Offices and Positions

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #333327 by
Replied by on topic Vacant Offices and Positions
What level of support is being offered to people willing to take these posts - are they going to be welcomed into any established communities, and if so, who are the people in these communities? Who is going to help in the handing over of the reigns in these roles? Once handover is done will it just be a dusting off of hands, or will there be continuing support and mutual attempts made to support the building of community? What level of freedom is granted in taking these posts? Must they be performed in a prescribed manner, or will people's judgement be trusted, allowing them to act as adults in these roles with sensible solutions to difficulties faced in their own rights? Will group applications be accepted for certain roles, eg. editor in chief can make partnerships with others and apply to tackle the role as a group or team rather than as a single individual? People who are away buddy up with another to tackle the calendar clerk role... it very clearly stipulates two persons for the social media role but there is no real indication of workload involved the advertisement. Some more details and openness about how these functions are currently being fulfilled may encourage people to apply.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 2 months ago #333633 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Vacant Offices and Positions
Here is a bump both for awareness and to highlight Twigga's questions.

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #333635 by
I'm actually curious about the calendar clerk position, and I'm unemployed, presently, available to start immediately! To whom would I speak about position details? Where do I apply, for that matter? I'm sure I can get details in the interviewing process..
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #333669 by

Stormcaller wrote: I'm actually curious about the calendar clerk position, and I'm unemployed, presently, available to start immediately! To whom would I speak about position details? Where do I apply, for that matter? I'm sure I can get details in the interviewing process..

Just send a pm. To Ros and Spinner. :)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #333671 by

Arisaig wrote:

Stormcaller wrote: I'm actually curious about the calendar clerk position, and I'm unemployed, presently, available to start immediately! To whom would I speak about position details? Where do I apply, for that matter? I'm sure I can get details in the interviewing process..

Just send a pm. To Ros and Spinner. :)

Thanks, already sent one to Spinner ^_^
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #333673 by

Twigga wrote: What level of support is being offered to people willing to take these posts - are they going to be welcomed into any established communities, and if so, who are the people in these communities? Who is going to help in the handing over of the reigns in these roles? Once handover is done will it just be a dusting off of hands, or will there be continuing support and mutual attempts made to support the building of community? What level of freedom is granted in taking these posts? Must they be performed in a prescribed manner, or will people's judgement be trusted, allowing them to act as adults in these roles with sensible solutions to difficulties faced in their own rights? Will group applications be accepted for certain roles, eg. editor in chief can make partnerships with others and apply to tackle the role as a group or team rather than as a single individual? People who are away buddy up with another to tackle the calendar clerk role... it very clearly stipulates two persons for the social media role but there is no real indication of workload involved the advertisement. Some more details and openness about how these functions are currently being fulfilled may encourage people to apply.

Twigga wrote: What level of support is being offered to people willing to take these posts - are they going to be welcomed into any established communities, and if so, who are the people in these communities? Who is going to help in the handing over of the reigns in these roles? Once handover is done will it just be a dusting off of hands, or will there be continuing support and mutual attempts made to support the building of community? What level of freedom is granted in taking these posts? Must they be performed in a prescribed manner, or will people's judgement be trusted, allowing them to act as adults in these roles with sensible solutions to difficulties faced in their own rights? Will group applications be accepted for certain roles, eg. editor in chief can make partnerships with others and apply to tackle the role as a group or team rather than as a single individual? People who are away buddy up with another to tackle the calendar clerk role... it very clearly stipulates two persons for the social media role but there is no real indication of workload involved the advertisement. Some more details and openness about how these functions are currently being fulfilled may encourage people to apply.

Sorry for the delay on answering your questions Twigga, had an interesting weekend. Okay, there is a lot of questions here so I’ll do my best to hit them all.
The level of support given would be dependent on how much was needed. Each person will have a different knowledge and skill set. From our end, we will try to do whatever we can to get the ball rolling. I’m not too sure what you mean about being welcomed into established communities. If you could clarify that up I might be able to answer and list who is involved.
Handing over the reigns is definitely tricky. Many open positions are created when people leave the community and they rarely take the time to help someone learn the gig before they go. However, many of us from Council have been doing multiple jobs for a while and can provide any training that we can muster. It’s not a dust our hands off because we are all on the same team. If I get asked for help I either try to help or find someone that can. I expect everyone else to do the same.
Freedoms granted are pretty great. Council doesn’t micromanage. For the most part, how the department/office runs is up to the officer in question. Any changes to policy or format/structure would more than likely have to pass through Council, but again we are pretty trusting in those that want to devote the time and energy to build this place.
Group applications are not frowned upon in anyway. In fact that would probably be a good move, that way if someone quits without notice we have someone else trained up already. That’s also why we encourage officers to take assistants so that we can prepare for situations like that moving forward without plunging the administrative positions into chaos. When someone in a particular office goes on LoA or vacation or something it is encouraged to find someone to fill in while you are gone. The Facebook positions stipulates two because that was the direction given from Br. John, our current acting PR. Facebook is part of PR and so he made the call to have two there.
I think I touched on everything, if I didn’t I am sorry. Please re-ask what I missed and I’ll see what I can answer.

I apologize if I'm not sharing enough information. I'm trying to keep my head above water right now. Please let me know if you need more.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334577 by
Still looking for applicants interested in being calendar clerk or part of the Facebook team.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi