Physical TOTJO Temple in Texas Project

More
9 years 5 months ago #167116 by rugadd
Similar dream, Kitsu...

rugadd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #167164 by SilverWolf

Jestor wrote: There are many things fighting against the idea, and what happens I'd it sounds like we are hanging up....

Take your proposal of west Texas, who is going to man it? Move there to maintain it?

It can't just sit empty, with the keys 3-4 hours away...

The progression will most likely be:

We will grow more dense, then we will have get togethers in parks, halls, and homes more and more frequently...

Then we will seek a existing building to rent, SOMEDAY, we will get there, but not soon, and this isxwhy the thoughts die...

At this juncture, owning land, even if given to us, where we have any kind of expense like the taxes, is difficult...

We still are not able to support the website on donations...

Its a long rroad, and there needs to be a progression...

We can't jump from learning to crawl to flying to the moon without the progressive growth...:)

Jestor, if you get the land, I got a tent and camping gear. "Go into exile we must go, until the time is right" ( ok, well not exactly...but i'll become the crazy old hermit in the desert and look after the property if it gets me away from my wife lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167166 by

Kitsu Tails wrote: I wasn't disagreeing with any of that. Heck...I have plans and layout for and entire Retreat Center with everything a community would need to sustain itself offline XD

I was merely disagreeing with the location :) I would not put it in texas.

Something something "if you build it...".

Keep in mind you have 4 TOTJO members living in Texas currently. Brenna, Wes, and I will soon all be living within 5 minutes of each other, and John (the founder) is 4.5 hours away from us.

:P So, from a TOTJO perspective, it could be fun to have it in Texas!

More
9 years 5 months ago #167167 by SilverWolf
...( Whispering voice) ....If you build it...they will come....

Field of Dreams

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167172 by
I think this impulse is as deeply human as can be, just look at Stonehenge...

I think all the reasons to want the physical Temple are valid. I think its fine to plan and save for the goal of buying land, but do something Force-ful with it! Not just another building... Something off the wall, blow-out Schrodinger's box!

I sincerely don't believe the Force needs another building...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167174 by
Heck, I used to live in Texas, and I loved it. I'm just looking for a reason to go back. In all honest if there was a physical Temple there I'd move in a heart beat. I still keep in contact with a lot of the people I met when I lived in Texas. :)

More
9 years 5 months ago #167177 by Whyte Horse

SilverWolf wrote: ...( Whispering voice) ....If you build it...they will come....

Field of Dreams

Hehe. My buddy in boot camp used to whisper this to me during formations. It was almost impossible to keep from laughing

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 5 months ago #167178 by Whyte Horse

SilverWolf wrote:

Jestor wrote: There are many things fighting against the idea, and what happens I'd it sounds like we are hanging up....

Take your proposal of west Texas, who is going to man it? Move there to maintain it?

It can't just sit empty, with the keys 3-4 hours away...

The progression will most likely be:

We will grow more dense, then we will have get togethers in parks, halls, and homes more and more frequently...

Then we will seek a existing building to rent, SOMEDAY, we will get there, but not soon, and this isxwhy the thoughts die...

At this juncture, owning land, even if given to us, where we have any kind of expense like the taxes, is difficult...

We still are not able to support the website on donations...

Its a long rroad, and there needs to be a progression...

We can't jump from learning to crawl to flying to the moon without the progressive growth...:)

Jestor, if you get the land, I got a tent and camping gear. "Go into exile we must go, until the time is right" ( ok, well not exactly...but i'll become the crazy old hermit in the desert and look after the property if it gets me away from my wife lol

Dude that would be awesome. We could get a rebel base going and stop the Corporate Empire from enslaving the Earth. Can you imagine all the people living for today? You may say I'm a dreamer... but I'm not the only one.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167182 by

Whyte Horse wrote: Dude that would be awesome. We could get a rebel base going and stop the Corporate Empire from enslaving the Earth. Can you imagine all the people living for today? You may say I'm a dreamer... but I'm not the only one.

Waco 2.0, Order #66.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167212 by
To actually complete my post... squirrel....

While I acknowledge the deeply rooted human-impulse to temple-up, I don't find the concept as powerful a siren song as I might have at one time in my life.

I think it is worthwhile to plan for, but I think there are a number of priorities which need to be realized prior to making it a major focus...

I agree with the sentiment that there are already lots of existing spaces in the world which offer ample place to connect with the Force.

For everything there is a time... As mentioned by someone else, in connexion with another topic, in a different thread, it is just a matter of priorities...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi