[Open Position] Assistant Pastor for Outreach

More
6 years 5 months ago #303462 by Rosalyn J
Good timezone,

The Synod has an open position for Assistant Pastor for Outreach. Here is the job description:

Assistant Pastor for Outreach
Direct Report: Pastor
Team lead for: Spiritual Care Team
Responsibilities include:
Maintaining awareness of the tenor of the forum and the wall. Looking for themes that demonstrate a need to have a conversation
Facilitating roundtable discussions around “hot button” issues, or issues that have come up in the past two weeks
Providing outreach (via PM or chat, or both) to members without Training Masters so that they can maintain their connection to the Temple and continue their training
Providing assistance to those who we learn may be struggling with various aspects of life
Other duties as assigned and related to the office

In addition to the duties above, the Assistant Pastor also leads the Spiritual Care/Outreach Team. Its description is below
Spiritual Care Team
Direct report: Assistant Pastor for Outreach
Responsibilities include:
Assist the Assistant Pastor for Outreach in the discharge of their dutes by:
Providing a regular presence of clergy in chat for confidant sessions
Looking through the forum and the wall to see who might be in need of spiritual care and reaching out
Facilitating roundtable discussions related to “hot button” issues on the forum, in the news, etc.
Providing outreach to our members with and without Teaching Masters (but with particular attention on those without) on a regular basis (to be determined by the AP for Outreach)

Linked is a Candidacy form: https://goo.gl/forms/xcesoMtpJUTuGjJp1

Those ranked Deacon and above may apply.

The Candidacy period will close at 16:38 October 15 2017.

Good luck

Ros

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #303544 by Rosalyn J
Bump

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 5 months ago #303568 by Carlos.Martinez3
I am so sorry to ask , assistant pastor to out reach or Associate pastor ? Same thing or difrent ? Labels making hard to understand ... for me ... just wondering ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #303569 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: assistant pastor to out reach or Associate pastor ? Same thing or difrent ?

Both, brother. It's largely the same position that is expected to have a different name and slightly more focused responsibilities as the Clergy bylaws are adopted.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #303571 by Carlos.Martinez3

Atticus wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: assistant pastor to out reach or Associate pastor ? Same thing or difrent ?

Both, brother. It's largely the same position that is expected to have a different name and slightly more focused responsibilities as the Clergy bylaws are adopted.

If no one tell you I am, Atticus you are wonderful. I am glad we are in the same order! I am glad to serve with you . Now, ok so on top of the associate pastor position discription this "of out reach " gives a specific responsibility of position, added as we adjust correct? So that ... plus this correct ? Just for clarifation for my self. That's the way I'm reading it , was doing some meditation and that kinna coughs my spark.... please and thank you soooooo much Atticus.!!!!!

Edit
The reason I ask is there isn't multiple positions assistant for this assistant for that , or will there be?
Thanks again! And ... may the Force we share keep you and find you every where you look for it !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #303574 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: ok so on top of the associate pastor position discription this "of out reach " gives a specific responsibility of position, added as we adjust correct?

The job description Pastor Ros posted in the OP is pretty comprehensive. We're looking forward to what the expectations will be going forward, rather than what they have been in the past.

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: The reason I ask is there isn't multiple positions assistant for this assistant for that , or will there be?

I shouldn't think so, just Outreach and Seminary. Down the road, who can say? But AFAIK there are no plans to add more Asst Pastors.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #303575 by
Also, thank you. I am happy to serve beside you as well. :)

More
6 years 5 months ago #303614 by Rosalyn J
2 candidates so far. :)

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven,

More
6 years 5 months ago #303643 by Rosalyn J
Bump

Pax Per Ministerium