2012 Year End Report

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #93572 by
Replied by on topic Re: 2012 Year End Report
The most effective way of 'asking' per se I think is to simply remind people. I think people are willing to donate, they just don't think about it. Month, bi-monthly or quarterly account announcements would remind people that the big yellow button is up there... :)

But I also agree that we should always and forever have a policy of full account disclosure. That is required in the UK of all charitable organisations, but not in the US and I think it is to the detriment of religious and social institutions and breeds ground for dubious financial practices...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #93577 by

Akkarin wrote: The most effective way of 'asking' per se I think is to simply remind people. ...

Nope. Unless the furture of this church is up to chance. Trusting the force is one thing having a plan is another.

but not in the US

Disclosures are available upon demand. If you"re nit given one that is the first warning sign of stay away.

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 month ago #93580 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: 2012 Year End Report

MCSH wrote:

V-Tog wrote:

MCSH wrote: Next time just call "Sajjad," and I'll do it ASAP...

Do what ASAP?

These small time killing things... I have a headache for them:D

I could have made a post incredibly long...

But, I cant cover every base, besides, I like for others to comment on TOTJO in review, what else I missed, the good (V-Tog), the bad (Ren), and the ugly (Jestor)...

Sometimes, when people joined, they feel like outsiders...

And dont want to disrupt "our" temple, 'our' meaning 'not theirs', when it really is all of us that make totjo special...

Yea, a few of us have a bit more say-so, but only because if everyone had equal say-so, nothing would get done...

It would be like everyone voting for whoever they wanted for president, and everyone voting for themselves, lol...

50 directions does not make a good organization...

So, I was really hoping to see more stuff posted here honestly...

@ Rickie, as far as the donations go, I have gone to Council with your last post...

It does make us uncomfortable, we do discuss it in Council, usually with us making up the differences... John and Ren I think bearing the brunt of the burden... Mark as well...

But, maybe we can comeup with something, someway to gently remind... honestly, idk, this is a new experience for me... lol...

I cant even keep my lights on at home all year, lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #93584 by
I will just leave this here ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #93585 by
[quote="Jestor" post=93580@ Rickie, as far as the donations go, I have gone to Council with your last post...

It does make us uncomfortable, we do discuss it in Council, usually with us making up the differences... John and Ren I think bearing the brunt of the burden... Mark as well...

But, maybe we can comeup with something, someway to gently remind... honestly, idk, this is a new experience for me... lol...
...[/color][/quote]

Again, lets us decide if we want to donate. Don't make that decision for us. Make a plan, we just need to know what you need. If we feel good about it we're in. No plan, no goal, then finances just drift.

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
11 years 1 month ago #93588 by Jestor

Metsu Desal wrote: I will just leave this here ...

I get what you are saying...

But raising awareness doesnt necessarily mean support... If people come here and we are asking for money, it looks like we are just in it for the money...

Look at it from a new persons perspective...

I hear you Ricky, and I have gone to Council, as I said...

We will figure out how to implement something...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #93589 by
[quote="Jestor" post=

If people come here and we are asking for money, it looks like we are just in it for the money...

.[/color][/quote]

Dude. You're missing my point. You are already asking for money. You have a donation button! All I'm saying is to share you're plans and give us a reason to contribute.

I'm done. Peace
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #93590 by

But raising awareness doesnt necessarily mean support... If people come here and we are asking for money, it looks like we are just in it for the money...

If people are coming here, I would hope they are intelligent enough to understand that hopes and dreams do not pay the bills, if we show that we are putting it to good use I.e. paying for hosting/other bills...they will have nothing to say...and in a sense is that not what all religions do? Just a simple brief statement saying "We have raised $X out of our goal for $X" is not demanding...how about some shiny perks such as a photograph of Ren with an autograph...I often forget that the donate button is even there...demanding or asking is different from advertising people can donate... :P
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
11 years 1 month ago #93595 by Jestor
Yes, I understand... lol...

I will stop here on this topic, i have gone to Council, and we will discuss it..lol...

Thank you...

But....;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #93597 by
i for one would donoate if i could offord to donatei have snice found ohter ways to contibuate to the jedi way of life hence obtain buliding materails and investing my time and efforts in the construction plans for a temple or a place of gathering it can also act a a place of bisness for like minded people like us

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi