FAQ and Article Updates

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #232865 by
Replied by on topic FAQ and Article Updates
There's something to be said for both versions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #232870 by

Akkarin wrote: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#DonotAgree

New wrote: There are many Jedi communities across the internet with a great variety of beliefs, customs and policies. As a community we will do our best to address your concerns and take on board your views, but no one site may offer you exactly what you are looking for. If you'd feel more comfortable elsewhere maybe one of the other Jedi communities would correspond more to your needs.

Old wrote: In the immortal words of our founder “Membership is a privilege not a right” or in the not so immortal words of grump Kana Seiko Haruki: 'If you don't like the way we do things here - you don't have to stay'

I like the new version, though if it were me I would probubly change a few things.

It is not necessary to do so obviously...I am just musing out loud. :)

Can't find what you were searching for here? Or do not agree with some of the beliefs and systems we offer? As a community we want to ensure that you get a chance to examine your own unique Journey be it here or elsewhere. There are many Jedi communities across the internet with a great variety of beliefs, customs and policies. If you are unable to find what you were searching for here, we encourage you to journey to the other sites, groups, and chapters until you find a place that suites you most. Here is a list of approved communities that Temple of the Jedi Order is aware of as of [Update: March 10 2016] Community List <--Link

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #232871 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic FAQ and Article Updates
I like Triss' suggestion... the revision seems.. well.. a little bit mean...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Edan.

More
8 years 1 month ago #232881 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic FAQ and Article Updates

Edan wrote: I like Triss' suggestion... the revision seems.. well.. a little bit mean...

it's a damn sight more cordial than the original, which was essentially "TOTJO or GTFO"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #232885 by
Is cordial the goal?

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #232886 by Edan

Connor L. wrote: Is cordial the goal?

Why wouldn't it be?

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Edan.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #232887 by

Edan wrote:

Why wouldn't it be?

I suppose I see "Cordial" and "Polite" as seperate....but If it were me....I would much more prefer to appear Polite, respectful and helpful over Cordial or Dismissive....Just me though...

More
8 years 1 month ago #232888 by Edan

Trisskar wrote:

Edan wrote:

Why wouldn't it be?

I suppose I see "Cordial" and "Polite" as seperate....but If it were me....I would much more prefer to appear Polite, respectful and helpful over Cordial or Dismissive....Just me though...

Well to me I usually think of cordial as courteous.. so I guess polite is what I meant.

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 1 month ago #232890 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic FAQ and Article Updates

I would like to remind you that this is the same Temple that keeps routinely reminding me it's not what I say, but how I say it that makes them annoyed with me. We can have a moment of silent reflection on the irony there, if you wish. lol

My point was that the original "In or Out" clause was worded very aggressively. This new one doesn't seem so bad, and it has the added benefit (unlike Trisskar's otherwise lovely suggestion) of not having to break our own rules about external links to other communities that are mostly none of our business.

They found us with Google, they can find the rest of them the same way.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 1 month ago #232891 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic FAQ and Article Updates
Trope FTW. I always thought it was meant a bit light hearted, as supported by calling one of the people quoted as 'grumpy'.

The problem with being so stiff is that many people are surrounded by it, and well we all know familiarity can breed contempt, and often people are drawn to 'different' or funny and ignore stuff they think is banal. It can go the other way too of course, with people sensitive for whatever reason having a fearful reaction sufficient to interfere with their confidence to opening up. Sometimes banal is safer.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Zenchi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi