Renovations

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #352396 by Rosalyn J
Renovations was created by Rosalyn J
Hello,

As promised, the Temple forum has undergone some renovations. The forum is now divided into Three sections, available from the menu:

Temple
Introductions
Temple Business
Member Discussions
Studies
And things directly related to the practice of Jediism

Intersectional:
Spaces where our practice of Jediism intersects with other aspects of our identity:
These include topics of faith and topics related to identity (race, gender, sexuality, ability, class, etc)
Rather than a place for debate, this is a space for support

Outer Rim:
Open discussions
Miscellaneous Discussion
Humor
Philosophy
Science
Health, Physical Fitness and Well Being
World Events

By default every member has access to the Temple forum as well as the Outer Rim.
Remember that the Temple section deals with Jediism and things related to the business of the temple and the outer rim is the space for free discussion.

The Temple is guided by the TOS exclusively
The Outer Rim is guided by the TOS as well as guidelines specific to its forum spaces
The Intersectional is guided by the TOS and guidelines specific to its forum spaces

The only space that one has to request access to is the Intersectional forum and this is directly related to the type of conversation that we have in that space

To review the guidelines, please see the " About the Forum

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Atania Kenobi, Jake Nislan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #352408 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Renovations

Rosalyn J wrote: By default every member has access to the Temple forum.
Each member may then choose to gain access to either the intersectional portion of the Temple and/or the Outer Rim

What do non-members have access to, and what if any further choices are open to them?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #352414 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Renovations
The permissions remain the same for members as well as non members. I do implore all to mind the guidelines though

Further, the kunena menus have gone a bit haywire. I'll be home from work in 9 hrs and will try to fix them then

Further further, If you request access to outer and intersectional note that your request will be processed as soon as I am able to get to them

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #352417 by Rosalyn J
Latest posts has been temporarily removed since it is showing topics in inaccessible forums publicly

It will be back in some form in 9 hrs

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Edan

More
3 years 10 months ago #352428 by Rosalyn J
Right

I have sorted the Kunena menus (those grey ones that say index, recent topics, new topics etc) each time you enter one part of the forum, the kunena menu will adjust so that you only see and post in that part of the forum. The notable exception is "search", which allows you to search all your accessible areas,

I got home at 4 and have been at this for a good while. Unfortunately I haven't found a work around for the "Latest Post" bar at the right. Tomorrow I should have some more brain power and be able to think that through.

In the meantime, please try the recent posts at the top in grey, You will find that you haven't lost much in terms of usability. Also, it might help with mindfulness

As we get used to this new layout please note that some adjustments may occur, Some topics or forums may move from one space to another space. Understand that those topics are still acessable even if they move from outer rim to temple or vis versa.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Edan, Carlos.Martinez3, Cheb

More
3 years 10 months ago #352438 by Rosalyn J
If you are wondering where your favorite forum has gone, please take a look at the two topics stickied here:

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/choose-your-adventure

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #352471 by Rosalyn J
You'll notice that the "latest posts" module is back and its is set according to each section's accessibility and posts

Thank you for being patient

Ros

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Kohadre, Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 10 months ago #352699 by Rosalyn J
Right!

I was quite thrilled to receive my computer in the mail today only to discover that it was dead and would not be charged. I am initiating a refund, but that will mean that the updates will take longer than I anticipated...They won't be done this weekend because I don't want to mess things up in the back end while my computer is on the fritz. I should be able to update permissions and such though.

:sad face:

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi