Vision, Strategic Plan 2019

More
5 years 1 month ago #335937 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Vision, Strategic Plan 2019

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Oh I understand that. My point is that it was my proposal that started all this activity.

Did ya? I'm not saying you didn't but the thread was started by Rosalyn J from one which began in Council back in December, seemingly a few months before you proposed something to Council. I thought this was all an initiative of hers. And the restructure of the Degree Scheme has been progressing for a few years in this direction and building momentum. Plenty of folk have played a hand in trying to work ideas on this for awhile now. It's good to have people wanting to help though :side:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335950 by
Replied by on topic Vision, Strategic Plan 2019

Adder wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Oh I understand that. My point is that it was my proposal that started all this activity.

Did ya? I'm not saying you didn't but the thread was started by Rosalyn J from one which began in Council back in December, seemingly a few months before you proposed something to Council. I thought this was all an initiative of hers. And the restructure of the Degree Scheme has been progressing for a few years in this direction and building momentum. Plenty of folk have played a hand in trying to work ideas on this for awhile now. It's good to have people wanting to help though :side:

Well since I have no access to council I would not know anything about all that. All I know is what I have been told and what I know. I know that in feb I started this thread.

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Confused-Ask-for-help/122241-a-div-and-b-div

In that thread we were told that B-Div was entwined with knighthood but there were plans to make them separate paths. I volunteered to help un-entwine them by actually working with the education dept and going through the process. The thread began getting conflicting data when others said we could work through the B-Div. I tried contacting Ryujin several times both in that thread and in PM but never got a response from him. So I took this up with Ros and I worked with her to address the council with some ideas. I sent the council the below copied proposal through Ros.

A few weeks later this thread was started. I could only assume that the activity Ros and I started resulted in this thread. However the details of my proposal were never addressed in my status (rank) or volunteering for the work. Thats all I'm trying to get answers on and that's all I'm trying to do - help out if I can. If the services are not wanted then that's fine, Just tell me no and I will move on.

To Council,

I would like to present you a challenge of sorts. Of course this is just a suggestion but I have been contemplating why this place means as much as it does to me. I have been evolving my view of this place recently into a different place than I think I ever considered it before. I have been quite vocal in what I felt it should be over the years. And that has put me at odds with many here. My approach in that pursuit has been wrong.

I am seeing this place now not as an endpoint or stopping place but as a doorway to a greater world. I have seen countless people walk through that door way and move through these halls and go on to greater things. I see this as a parallel to my own Je'daii Journey through the temples now. And I think that final test for me is to stop fighting and start building. I have never seen myself in a position to do this before because the path of Knighthood has been intricately ingrained into the training regime and I always found myself enamored by the training process but disillusioned by the commitment to cause of Knighthood.

But my new view of things has given me new insight into this. That these things can be two separate paths. I know a lot of things here are not clearly defined and I have railed against that out of my own sense of frustration and obliviousness. But I want to change that. I have a great deal to offer and I want to contribute in a positive way. I want to do this by developing those separate paths of degree and nobility. I think great things can be accomplished in that regard.

With that in mind I want to ask you that my rank of apprentice be restored. My journals will be updated to the latest versions here and I want to take those and use them as building blocks to create a clear path to the B-Div degree that is separate from Knighthood commitments. It’s been expressed that this is a desirable undertaking by the council and the edu-admin so I volunteer as “tribute”! A student to walk through that process and help develop it. I think my experience and training would be invaluable in this pursuit and I offer those things to this temple.

More
5 years 1 month ago #335953 by Tellahane
Apprenticeship rank can't be held unless they have a valid teaching master, just throwing that out there as an FYI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #335956 by

Tellahane wrote: Apprenticeship rank can't be held unless they have a valid teaching master, just throwing that out there as an FYI.

Well I have held the rank before for quite a long time with no Mentor. Beyond that my mentor would actually be the Edu-admin, who happens to be a Knight. Was I not clear enough in my proposal about that?

EDIT: besides that its just a proposal, subject to discussion and modification. I'm just asking for that discussion.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335959 by
This seems fun - but it's off-topic. Surely this could be resolved via a PM or some sort of separate communique with the relevant committee to whatever Kyrin is asking for.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335963 by

Williamkaede wrote: This seems fun - but it's off-topic. Surely this could be resolved via a PM or some sort of separate communique with the relevant committee to whatever Kyrin is asking for.

Well its been full circle now. It started as a public question thread. moved to a PM discussion and then on to a proposal to council upon which it reemerged as a public discussion in this thread upon which I added to it over the last few days.

Shall we play ring around the rosie? :P :silly:

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #336005 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Vision, Strategic Plan 2019
@Kyrin Hehe, nah. more like ground work by others over the years consolidated by bringing Ryu into action to lead the Edu Dept and a strategic plan by Rosalyn J both late last year. Your proposal seems to have been a few months later, and went to Council at the time time of your thread, but that was a few months after things had already been spooling up.

Your timing is good though. I guess Rosalyn started this thread to talk about her strategic plan specifically, which does include the Degree Scheme in it.... rather then your proposal per se. I'm not saying its offtopic, just clarifying.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
5 years 1 month ago #336148 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Vision, Strategic Plan 2019
the idea of separating the degree system from the knight system, is a good bit older...at least 3 years or so...it comes up, some are for it, some against it...the same issues crop up etc...

i can't give a definitive clear cut answer currently it will be an unknown amount of time as we have a good bit of work to do on the whole. work that has to be tackled in a specific order and gone over thoroughly to ensure we don't replace what we have with something that is incomplete, or worse...patience is crucial to anything worth doing/having....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #336174 by
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Ryujin. Education program development can be a tricky endeavour.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346976 by Rosalyn J
Hiya,

Section 2 in Leadership is mostly in place

Discipline, Promotion being handled by Knights as far as I can tell.

Moderation being handled by Brick and Kobos (who are apprentices)

Section 1 in Aspects of the plan is underway. Alethea Thompson is reviewing the Doctrine with the whole Order, which I hope will pan out well.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Brick, Malicious

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi