Changes to the Simple Oath

More
9 years 3 months ago #178003 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Changes to the Simple Oath
I think you have your answer here:

As of 1st January the Simple Oath is no longer a requirement for becoming a Jedi at the Temple of the Jedi Order. The Simple Oath can be taken by anyone at any time they please, but is now instead a requirement for reaching the rank of Initiate. Please see here for more details.

In other words, they're doing it because nothing says they shouldn't/can't.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178010 by
Replied by on topic Changes to the Simple Oath
I almost sent a message to Jestor saying that same thing, Avalon. (Did I send it? I have no clue...)

Really, we should let them say it whenever they want to. If they don't feel comfortable until after the IP, then they can wait. If they walk into the temple, fall on their knees and proclaim their allegiance to Goodness, then I'm not going to stop them.

If we want them waiting till after the IP, it should be made clear that is what is wanted. Maybe... Maybe before people take the oath, they should talk to a Jedi who is of rank (just for experience purposes) and talk about what it means to take the oath. I know that sounds extremely labored.. Just a thought to build off of.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #209249 by
Replied by on topic Changes to the Simple Oath
.[/quote] If we want them waiting till after the IP, it should be made clear that is what is wanted. Maybe... Maybe before people take the oath, they should talk to a Jedi who is of rank (just for experience purposes) and talk about what it means to take the oath. I know that sounds extremely labored.. Just a thought to build off of.[/quote]

I think i know what it means to take the oath in the sense of making a commitment Connor L , but i like to know what it means to you if someone takes the oath , i put the prayer of St Francis om my profil as a sign that i recognise what i am to do , but taking the oath is something i want to do after i gather knowledge , not knowing if it is my fear to blunder or just commons sense , what are your thoughts on this ? :)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi