Of 'void' people

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #203992 by
Of 'void' people was created by
As a matter of fact, I have already discussed this topic with a Master but I would also like to open it up here, for any additional opinions would be useful...
Has anyone ever met a person that cannot be sensed in the Force? What I mean is someone in whom neither the light nor the dark side could be felt? A kind of a 'blank spot' in the Force? It happened to me with a vagrant in the street the other day... Perhaps that has something to do with the fact that such people deliberately shut themselves out of society and try to be as inconspicuous as possible?... Any replies would be welcome! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #204023 by
Replied by on topic Of 'void' people
Perhaps this is an issue of perception?

For me the Force is in (and of) all things. It strikes me as no more likely a homeless person would be "forceless" than a powerful businessman, a devout monk or an Average Joe... or a tree, star or galaxy, come to that. All are of the Force, all are facets of the wider whole. Whether or not we can see that, feel it, perceive it... that is for me a matter of understanding, and of practice, more than an actual fluctuation in "what is".

In other words a homeless person is no less "there" than a president.

But as ever in questions relating to the Force, our perspective depends on our definition.

I disagree with the statement "such people", however... whilst some homeless people do deliberately shut themselves off from the society most here are part of, that's not true of the vast majority, speaking from experience volunteering in shelters. It's wise to be mindful of your preconceptions :) in my personal experience homeless people are no different to any other group of people - diverse individuals with unique motives, experiences and perspectives. They are certainly no more likely to be "voids" than anyone else... some of the most interesting and "alive" people I've ever encountered were homeless.

Meanwhile the white-collar denizens of the offices I've worked in, well... the only people I can describe as "voids" all have medium sized houses and very tedious jobs moving numbers around for big corporations. The way I "sense" their voidness is the dreadful, tedious conversations we have... but these people are no less aspects of the Force than you or I. It's just the Force maintains its balance... for every explorer there's a hedge fund manager, for every action movie star an insurance broker.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #204024 by
For me it is clear that each of us is part of the Force and we all have our place within it as well as that dwells in us; I will not go here at issue light and darkness, because I believe that each has a little of each side within. I believe that in this case, the person ignores both some factors of life, which makes her stop to notice the Force, but this is still realizing the person (taking into account that the force is much more powerful and comprehensive that each of us) . Factors such as social as you yourself had said, spiritual outlook on life or future. I think this also happens with people who are debilitated, both emotionally and physically. If that person back to full physical and mental health, we should be able to feel it again.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #204090 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Of 'void' people
i have met people who are/were totally inscrutable (to me at least) and also people who are/were very adept at deliberately projecting a misleading image of themself

all one can do is to be more alert to peoples actions than their words - people will say whatever they feel like saying at any given moment - but if the words and image suggest one thing and the actions consistently suggest another then it is the actions which are to be taken as the more real indication of the person

but maybe my answer i limited - i am pretty good at picking up on peoples moods and emotional states but generally when i would use the words "sensing others" it is not so much an issue of DARK or LIGHT but simply that they are THERE

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #204130 by
I agree with your logic, tzb. While speculating on the issue before posting it, I had been following roughly the same train of thought... That is why I was surprised and embarrassed when I couldn't feel that person (please don't make me explain what I mean by 'feeling' or 'sensing' someone in the Force :) )

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #204132 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Of 'void' people
I would like to ask you what you mean (sorry). I believe that the Force is the connection between all things and is in all things (as energy), therefore I find the idea one can't be 'sensed' through it rather incomprehensible.
Perhaps it's worth me saying that I don't believe in a 'light' or 'dark' side to the Force... The Force just 'is'.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #204163 by

Edan wrote: I would like to ask you what you mean (sorry). I believe that the Force is the connection between all things and is in all things (as energy), therefore I find the idea one can't be 'sensed' through it rather incomprehensible.
Perhaps it's worth me saying that I don't believe in a 'light' or 'dark' side to the Force... The Force just 'is'.

I would not exactly not feel the person in the Force, but have a low sensitivity because there is some factor. I think some situations our connection with the Force diminishes, I think I read something about it in relation to alcohol and drugs here in the forum. In our case, our homeless friend must be suffering so much within himself, in part by lack of resources and other perhaps with the prejudice that he became "empty". Of course this is my vision. I do not believe in the light side or the dark, at least not in the way some believe, only one form of targeting, as there are no good and evil within us, it is only the human being itself, but we divide all this for show how each part working separately.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #204176 by
I have never been good at talking about the Force and the sensations connected with it in logical terms. I beleive it is not something that can be described or explained rationally. Perhaps the best explanation I can offer, Edan, is in the form of a comparison - I feel the beings in it in the way that some people claim to see their aura... only I do not actually see it, but feel it. I hope you get the picture...

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 6 months ago #204207 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Of 'void' people
some people aren't necessarily "voids"....some are simply "masking" their presence...i do it all the time, sometimes unintentionally most of the time deliberately...it allows me to observe and pass unnoticed....stealth is a very useful skill and masking your presence is the ultimate stealth skill...

homeless people go ignored quite often....perhaps they get so used to being ignored that they begin to mask themselves out of habit....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #204209 by
I'm very new to studying The Force but I came to this path because I think I'm very sensitive in detecting The Force or temporary shifts for light to dark in people.

It has caused me problems in relationships because I could easily read ripples sent out from people, unintentionally or not. So, i'd become offended, hurt or put off by these ripples and in all honesty it caused my a lot of anxiety. I can get an almost instant feel for The Force for most anyone that I have an interaction with and many that I just observe.

To this point I don't think I've every interacted with anyone that I didn't detect The Force in one side or the other. I think detecting who is attuned to The Force and who isn't can be more difficult though but just detecting The Force in people seems pretty easy.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi