Kim Davis - Your Opinions

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 7 months ago #202354 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Kim Davis - Your Opinions
I heard on the radio (tell me if I heard wrong) that she was released because he OFFICE began issuing marriage license to gay couples...

If thats the case, then she should be back in jail soon when she stops issuing them, again...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #202355 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Kim Davis - Your Opinions

Jestor wrote: I heard on the radio (tell me if I heard wrong) that she was released because he OFFICE began issuing marriage license to gay couples...

If thats the case, then she should be back in jail soon when she stops issuing them, again...

Nope, that's pretty much accurate. So long as the deputies keep fulfilling the requests.... That's why her son didn't get jailed with her. Because even though he refused, the other deputies agreed, and so the judge felt that the office would do its job, but since she was the one interfering to begin with, he didn't want to keep giving her access to the office to begin with. I imagine as long as she doesn't interfere again, she'll be fine, but if she does, she'll end up right back where she was.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
8 years 7 months ago #202360 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Kim Davis - Your Opinions
if the LOLs keep up like this, I may have to start another thread :D

Attachment heb9b8f1.jpg not found

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, RyuJin, Jestor, J_Roz, OB1Shinobi

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #202417 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic Kim Davis - Your Opinions
I can't even..... There are few things that get me raging angry and this whole debacle has me seeing a color of red I had not imagined in a long time. This type of concentrated hysteria focused on completely the wrong issue is exactly why we are so divided as a country. Get that political candidate out of there......ok I don't trust myself to stay rational. I'll leave a quote from Uncle George.

Want to know what also burns my tail feathers......a flame about three feet high......

Truthfully though as much as this infuriates me the money this woman will make from talk shows, heck the book is probably already ghost written and I'm sure she'll have a movie deal too, is astounding. Genius actually. Her lawyers are probably laughing the entire way to the bank. I'm just sickened....

Attachment hdded4c8.jpg not found

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by J_Roz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, OB1Shinobi

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 7 months ago #202419 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Kim Davis - Your Opinions

I heard on the radio (tell me if I heard wrong) that she was released because he OFFICE began issuing marriage license to gay couples...

So... Justice proceedings just stop like this in the states? Or does it just work this way for white christians?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
8 years 7 months ago #202420 by Jestor

ren wrote:

So... Justice proceedings just stop like this in the states? Or does it just work this way for white christians?

She committed a crime, and served her sentence... As far as the 'legal' aspect...

While legally, she was wrong, 'morally' (for her) she was right... For us, and I am sure for many other countries, trying to asking someone to go against their morals is a slippery slope...

This is a first for us, however with the judge in Washington state refusing to marry gay folks, I dont think it is the last... http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oregon-judge-vance-day-who-refuses-to-perform-same-sex-marriages-faces-new-allegations/

Even my Christian co-worker (pretty devout, but not a 'door knocker, lol) said Kim Davis was wrong...

What the Christians are doing, in my opinion, is 'bringing it to a boil'...

For as long as I have been alive, the Christians have quietly tried to remain in power... Talking about 'good christian candidate', however, when the scandals starting popping up years ago, the credibility stared wavering...

Now, this is their 'last hurrah', and I think they are going to force (finally) the separation of Church and State...

It IS so slippery, because we have to remember we are all people, and Government is a machine, and has no conscience...

The 'people' are its conscious, and sometimes, that needs taken into account...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #202423 by
Replied by on topic Kim Davis - Your Opinions
Ugh....as someone whose been under the "holier than thou burning sinners"shtick most my life(as a pan sexual living smack dab in a fundamentalis Christian state) it's incidents like that that ruffles my jimmies to high levels.its bad enough that people can't get away from prejudices at the school and job levels of daily life.why should that have to deal with it on a local governmental scale.its damned rediculous that she's considered a martyr for this crap

It's not martyrdom,it's being an Butthurt prick and a sore loser
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by .

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 7 months ago #202425 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Kim Davis - Your Opinions
OK, so I'm pretty confused, the few days in jail were her actual sentence? not "we keep you here until bailed out/trial"? Even after she publicly announced her intention to re-offend?

That seems a bit... weak, for the country with the highest incarceration rate in the world.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #202428 by
Replied by on topic Kim Davis - Your Opinions
She was released because she agreed with the judge not to interfere with the issuance of marriage licenses upon returning to work. If she does interfere, she'll end up back in jail again and will probably have a harder time getting out. It's possible that would result in her impeachment and removal from office.

We'll find out whether she obeys the judge's orders or not on Monday .
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
8 years 7 months ago #202430 by Jestor

ren wrote: OK, so I'm pretty confused, the few days in jail were her actual sentence? not "we keep you here until bailed out/trial"? Even after she publicly announced her intention to re-offend?

That seems a bit... weak, for the country with the highest incarceration rate in the world.

Her crime was 'contempt', and yea, that's how that crime works...

YOU either do as the Court ordered, or they find you in contempt...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_court

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi