What would you expect from a knight and apprentice?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201260 by
I don't ever expect to meet any of my Apprentices, former or otherwise, in person. This isn't to say I wouldn't like to, but just that it isn't an expectation I have.

I allow my Apprentices to take as long as they need to complete their Apprenticeship and most are busy elsewhere in their lives and they don't necessarily spend a lot of time at the Temple anyway so this restricts how often we talk. But I am always there for them if we do ever need to chat about something.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201261 by
Personally, and I can only say this for me, I want to only have students with whom I can communicate in a physical presence at least once or twice a year. And, if that's the case, generally I can see them more. Ideally, I want my students to live near or with me, to forge a bond that will last lifetimes. Of course, ideal things don't always happen.

I have many students. Some on FB, some unofficially at IJRS, and of course I have my Creed students.

But, my apprentice, should I ever choose to take one on, will live in the same place that I do. And, I will only have one at a time. There are plenty of training masters at various orders who can do distance teaching. I do not like it for my apprentices. I have tried it twice, and both times I feel cold. I am a very kinetic teacher and learner. I want to be able to move their arms into the right stances, moderate their debates, watch as they fail, watch as they succeed. It's just a personal preference. I applaud you all who can be a mentor to somebody who is absent.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201262 by
It's nice to see all these comments , because I hope to learn something when rider. I believe that everyone has a style and over the conversations things will fall into place until the relationship is comfortable for both sides. Sometimes I'm on the internet without doing anything and Ros ta online in skipe , then I'll go talk to her. In the end, since both are happy , comfortable and learning , it is enough

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201266 by
Because of the independence that this online community enjoys, it seems to me that Initiates and Apprentices should be self-directed as all mine are and were, and so I act with that reality in mind.

Jediism is a discovery of the reality of the Force and so for me there is little I can really teach, so like Jamie stated, I simply ask questions. J.K. Barger and Luthien continue to walk the path that is before them; applying their Jediism in the living of their lives.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi