A shot in the arm and the next 24 hours...

More
8 years 6 months ago #204760 by Breeze el Tierno
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #207841 by
This sounds like one of my favorite quotes from the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius.

“Begin each day by telling yourself: Today I shall be meeting with interference, ingratitude, insolence, disloyalty, ill-will, and selfishness – all of them due to the offenders’ ignorance of what is good or evil. But for my part I have long perceived the nature of good and its nobility, the nature of evil and its meanness, and also the nature of the culprit himself, who is my brother (not in the physical sense, but as a fellow creature similarly endowed with reason and a share of the divine); therefore none of those things can injure me, for nobody can implicate me in what is degrading. Neither can I be angry with my brother or fall foul of him; for he and I were born to work together, like a man’s two hands, feet or eyelids, or the upper and lower rows of his teeth. To obstruct each other is against Nature’s law – and what is irritation or aversion but a form of obstruction.”

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #207875 by Reacher
Excellent challenge you've asked of us, Cabur. I find that oaths, vows, pledges, and resolutions are only as good as our ability to commit to the next action. If we can't make a positive decision in the moment, plans are only sentiment. I often say things like, "Oh, that's future Reacher's problem." And then later, "Man, past Reacher really screwed me over." It's tongue-in-cheek, of course, but the idea is serious. It highlights my own relief of responsibility in the decisions I make moment to moment. In truth, present Reacher is the only Reacher that actually exists.

Jedi Knight

The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Reacher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #212913 by
This reminds me of the Cindarella man. A person who rises to fame/riches and still acts in a way that is humble, regardless of what others think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl7JYp8yMu8

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #213206 by
I always try to live my life by this way. If you think about it logically the most "optimal" way to go about things is being severely selfish. Doing good is not hard only because you have to go out of your way to help others, but also because oftentimes you can expect to get nothing for it. This is why I adopted the philosophy of this original post and realized that if I am to do good, I must do it for its own sake! I do believe that doing good will lead to good things coming for you, but all of that doesn't matter. I commit to doing good for its own sake and not because I expect or demand anything from it.

More
8 years 3 months ago #224508 by rugadd
I receive all I give.

rugadd

More
8 years 3 months ago #224548 by Carlos.Martinez3
I accept

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #224549 by
love this i will commit

More
8 years 2 months ago #225188 by Carlos.Martinez3

carlos.martinez3 wrote: I accept

Holy molly this is a very revealing task. Thank you Cabur! I will continue this!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #225219 by
I needed this. Thank you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi