A shot in the arm and the next 24 hours...

More
8 years 9 months ago #196174 by Breeze el Tierno

I needed to remind myself, so I figured I'd get everyone else too. Can you commit to this for 24 hours? I am going to try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, Br. John, Jestor, Adder, rugadd, Alexandre Orion and 15 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #196179 by OB1Shinobi
im commited to doing this for the rest of my life

this is a really great thread, thank you

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
8 years 9 months ago #196182 by Breeze el Tierno
I'm only confident of the next 24 hours. I'll start there and see how it goes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Zenchi

More
8 years 9 months ago #196184 by OB1Shinobi
i salute you jedi

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196188 by
This writing of Kent Keith's is classic, Cabur. Thank you for sharing it; it certainly bears repeating often.

I first heard this essay presented in the 1980's by Wally Amos, the inventor of "Famous Amos" cookies. I remember being very excited and energized by those words; I still am!

Again, thanks for the post.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196194 by
This sums up well how I try to live day by day. I may not always succeed, but when I do, it's always worth it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #196196 by

J.M.Straczynski wrote: Delenn: "You should sleep, we both have early meetings."
Sheridan: "Yeah I know. I was just thinking about it all, everything we've done, and what I said earlier, if people would remember us a hundred years from now, or a thousand, and I figured probably not." *laughs*
Delenn: "But it doesn't matter, we did what we did because it was right, not to be remembered, history will attend to itself, it always does."
-Babylon 5, Deconstruction of Falling Stars

Minor B5 spoilers:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196245 by
Akkarin, I am always impressed by how well art and a more dry, objective look at reality can align with each other.

Historian Will Durant, in his "Story of Civilization", made the same point. He noted that while we know the names of a relative handful of political leaders, military strategists, scientists, philosophers, and artists of the past, most of what has happened historically was the result of the actions of people unfamiliar to us, of whom we have no record.

That's people like you and me. Unless, maybe, you're someone like the Pope, a President, a researcher at the CERN reactor, or (hmph) one of the Kardassians - but I'm guessing that's not the case. ;)

More
8 years 9 months ago #196268 by Breeze el Tierno
Didn't quite make it. Got right grouchy in the afternoon.

Trying again for the next 24. Here we go...
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196566 by
The first line has really hit home with me. Lately at work there is someone who has displayed all the qualities listed and has angered me greatly with his actions/words. I am going to commit to this as my new way of looking at things. There will of course be slip ups, but i will re-read this and try try again. Thank you for sharing Cabur!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi