unconditional love

More
9 years 1 month ago #183194 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic unconditional love
I think what you call "Love" I would call "Divine Euphoria" and so long as you define it as a goal, you reinforce the idea that you have yet to attain it.

The reason I say it would be horrifying is because ALL of our emotions are part of what define us as human beings. They each are needed and should be experienced. To feel nothing but love is to have no fear, no self preservation, no happiness, no sadness, no joy, no inspiration, no contentment, no anger...etc.etc.

rugadd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #183195 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic unconditional love
of course each person identifies/defines each emotion differently...

my hate/anger/happiness/love may be completely different from someone else's...

for some happiness is simply the absence of anger, love the absence of hate...for others love may be so magnificent that it is unobtainable in a mortal lifetime...

for me love and happiness as i experience them are simply the absence of hate and anger...however as i define them they are much greater than that...the goal being to one day experience them as they are defined...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd

More
9 years 1 month ago #183199 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic unconditional love

RyuJin wrote: of course each person identifies/defines each emotion differently...

my hate/anger/happiness/love may be completely different from someone else's...

for some happiness is simply the absence of anger, love the absence of hate...for others love may be so magnificent that it is unobtainable in a mortal lifetime...

for me love and happiness as i experience them are simply the absence of hate and anger...however as i define them they are much greater than that...the goal being to one day experience them as they are defined...

Yes. This. I apologize if I came off as condescending. I see nothing wrong with one feeling what they feel or choosing to define it for themselves. In fact, I think telling someone they shouldn't feel a certain way is the same as saying they shouldn't exist. Very rude.

rugadd

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #183200 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic unconditional love
:laugh: i didn't take it as condescending...so no worries :)

i'm so thick skinned most things just deflect B) and go unnoticed

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by RyuJin.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #183210 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic unconditional love

RyuJin wrote: in latin (the rootbase for many languages) there are several words for love....agape`(generosity/charity), storge`(loving attachment/deep friendship/nonsexual affection), eros (passion), and philia (friendship)...

Generosity and charity are words of Latin origin. Generositas and caritas are their respective Latin counterparts meaning exactly the same they do in English. Agape is a Greek word and means love, affection and synonymous words. So is storge and represents natural affection like family bonds though it, too, means affection, fondness and the like. Eros, too is a Greek word, while passion comes from the latin passio. Literally, like agape, eros refers to love but more of the courtship kind than of just dearness. Philia is also a Greek word and means friendship. The Latin counterpart is amicitia.

If you need a Latin distinction, there is one, describing more the extents than types in the way the Greek does. Concerning the topic at hand, pragma would arguably be conditional in that it is an affection stemming from reason as opposed to the playful and bodily ludus and the obsessive mania. It should be noted that none of these three words on their own refer to love at all.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Gisteron.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183214 by
Replied by on topic unconditional love
I am sitting here thinking that you all have turned 2 words in something like 10-12.

Here is how I would define unconditional love...MOM!

Kind of says it all. ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183220 by
Replied by on topic unconditional love

Phortis Nespin wrote: I am sitting here thinking that you all have turned 2 words in something like 10-12.

Here is how I would define unconditional love...MOM!

Kind of says it all. ;)

Motherly love is a unique type of love - is there a word for that?

yes, since words are so limited and specific, I am looking for a specific word that expresses my sensation of eternal, complete, divine, Force, bound, binding, abundant love in one word.

I do feel that confusion comes from the fact that there is one word for so many feelings that people attribute to this word.

I am discovering the limitations of words in expressing feelings. I am discovering the importance of images for expressing emotional and universal sensings.

This could be why Egyptians used Hieroglyphics in stead of "letters". Images hold so much more than a letter.

This is why I prefer comic books and movies to traditional novels.

I am finding this thread inspiring. I am enjoying that some many people are interested in exploring this concept.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi