invitation to totjo

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #153153 by
invitation to totjo was created by
I would like to make a public request to totjo masters, knights, and members. I want to hold a totjo episode on Jedi realist radio next Thursday at 8pm eastern time. This episode will be a simple episode to allow yinz to talk about your academy, knighting procedures and what makes totjo such a special community.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #153162 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic invitation to totjo
Why the Knighting procedures in particular? Is it in response to the discussion on Knighting in your show on the 16th?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #153182 by
Replied by on topic invitation to totjo

Brenna wrote: Why the Knighting procedures in particular? Is it in response to the discussion on Knighting in your show on the 16th?

Personally last i knew totjo knighting was pretty soft however that wass 2 years ago. In any event it is for the listeners so they will habe a idea of totjo program before they sign up.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #153202 by
I will try to come along.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 9 months ago #153212 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic invitation to totjo

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Brenna wrote: Why the Knighting procedures in particular? Is it in response to the discussion on Knighting in your show on the 16th?

Personally last i knew totjo knighting was pretty soft however that wass 2 years ago. In any event it is for the listeners so they will habe a idea of totjo program before they sign up.

Do you mean the ceremony, or the actual apprenticeship, or the interview they go through?

The actual Knighting is pretty soft, it is the ceremony for knighthood, and a situation for celebration...

The earning of Knighthood happens in the Apprenticeship... The Interview is more of an exit/enter interview... An exit from being an Apprentice to that of being a Knight...

Some of us, (you, Mr. Hannigan, would probably) have an easy time of a totjo apprenticeship and interview... Due to our lifetime of achievements we have accomplished, and our time already spent walking this path....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #153251 by
So who do I need to speak with to make a totjo episode happen? I need permission to make it happen and 3 members to commit to the episode. We can plan it for next Thursday or the Thursday after if need be. Show will be at 7pm eastern us time.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #153255 by Brenna
I'm curious. Various of the other communities appear to have a poor opinions of TOTJO in general, more so recently it would seem. And considering that even on your show there has been an undertone of judgment, why now? Your own opinion of the invalid nature of online teaching is well known, would the interview be objective and unbiased?

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Brenna.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #153256 by
Great questions. I am giving totjo a platform to speak. My issues with totjo are known facts to those who need to know. My show has been objective to totjo and my own opinions are not used for judgment.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 9 months ago #153258 by Brenna
Fair enough. I would certainly hope that a Jedi as long standing in the community would be as objective as you say.

I still don't see the purpose though (and I speak only for myself here)

TOTJO has a platform to speak. TOTJO.

We have very comprehensive FAQs and a Doctrine document for those who find their way here, as well as an active community to help and support new comers and ensure that they understand what they are getting into.

And as a site with a massive amount of traffic and active members, I don't think we need to advertise who we are. Those who need to be here will find us. That is the way of the Force is it not?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 9 months ago #153262 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Re: invitation to totjo

MJ Hannigan wrote: So who do I need to speak with to make a totjo episode happen? I need permission to make it happen and 3 members to commit to the episode. We can plan it for next Thursday or the Thursday after if need be. Show will be at 7pm eastern us time.

TOTJO Members don't need permission...

Or did I read that wrong?

Maybe you needed permission? That line confused me, lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter