TOTJO Certificate template test

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 days ago #30548 by
Oh, and... having designed the seals in the past, they're really finicky about complex patterns. Apparently they like 'em simply black-and-white, where the white areas are raised and the black areas aren't. They are bordered with a circle to hold the embossed seal in place.

In US dollars: The engraving tends to cost about $150 and the embosser costs around $100 if you end up having to buy them. The labels are sold in boxes of 100 and cost about $25 per box. This means that to produce the first embossed certificate, we need about $275 in TotJO's coffers.

I certainly don't have that kind of money! But if there were 10 people who donated $27.50 on average, that might be doable. Since I don't have $5 on average in a given month (I'm at the end of a physical disability claim), I'm not sure what I can do to help, but I think that donations for something like this might be good anyway. I'll do what I can, but that's the reality of it if it's to be paid for.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
14 years 2 days ago #30550 by Jestor
Well, what is the current fee schedule for certificates?

It's like $10 dollars (US) for basic and $25 (US) for a more elaborate, correct? Could we not justuse those funds?

It would pose a delay fo the first set of people wanting certificates, but, I think that since this is a calling, (and to be honest, most of us are not doing this for the paper), I cannot see a problem with, say, a six month (or whatever the time frame is) waiting period for the first ones to be issued.

Know what I mean...?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 days ago #30554 by
You could just use those funds... but that means saving up 10 of them, since the current funds are earmarked for tax registration as a religious nonprofit.

More
14 years 2 days ago #30556 by 666
this is why so many people think Jediism is not a religion...
WE DON\"T DO MONEY WITH THIS....
(funny)

anyway, there is always a turn around for everything....

the first, is
What we like to have in our certificate,
What we need to have in our certificate,

whats the difference between a commercial print, and a standard print
in my company we have laser color printers (the big ones) extreme quality
ricoh E-7100 and better, so I can print a base certificate easily, just we need to select a nice paper.

about the gold stamp, (like I say, maybe the temple already got one of this emboss stamp pliers, if no, we can go for a hand made one, again what we need its, gold paper, and someone (handmade)rising the back do the emboss on it... ( we don't need 2000 pieces)
**(must be a company producing clear gold stamps, like avery or something like that)

so Lets take a look, of what we legally need there, then what we like to have there, and then, let's check for options.

Also, we need to know, if they like to replace the one the temple is using now, or not...
maybe we are waisting time

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 2 days ago #30558 by RyuJin
the fancy certificates are usually written using calligraphy instead of printer which is why they tend to take longer to get...and usually on heavy parchment paper which is a bit costly but also why they last so much longer

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 day ago #30573 by
actually - we already have a set of certificates with all the necessary and legal information (international law) covered within the texts.

The temple has been undergoing slow but sure development over the last months and im honoured to be a part of this development. We havent 'rolled' out the certs generally at this time mainly due to other factors related to them in the background - ie managerial things but anyone needing an official certificate for example, for proof of title for military proposes etc will be awarded an appropriate cert on request and hand signed etc by whoever (usually BrJohn for the USA etc)

our certs also have inbuilt security codes and each cert is individual and tracable to origin. Sadly, in the past, folk have felt it necessary to fake our certs for use in tax dodging etc so we have been gradually improving things to prevent this.

IF you need a cert - then ask either myself or brjohn by email or private message. Be aware they take time to produce and if you require a paper copy, then a small fee is applicable. Also, at this point, we are not too keen of handing our certs because you want to decorate your wall, this sort of usage is not priority and for the record, i DO NOT have certificates myself.

Like the ID cards, this is an ongoing venture but not a priority.

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 day ago #30578 by
Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

Having spent 8 years as a publisher (3 of which was in typographic design, with the other 5 in various levels of managerial editing), I can say that the really fancy certificates use offset-process-printed calligraphy with rather expensive steel screen watermark embossing. These are then printed with an embossed seal. Almost everything these days is printed by machine... very little actual handwork is done, if at all.

However, the aim of most certificates is to look like the old hand-engraved lithographs which typically took about one year to produce, and so a more conservative look is warranted. The use of colors tends toward being muted, and is generally restricted to the Sepia spectrum, as well as dim blues and greens. Reds are also used, but are less common, and generally reserved for financial documents (such as stock certificates and issued bonds).

The certificates are considered a \"low priority\" item, which means a decision on them is likely to be a long time in coming. However, there doesn't seem to be anything in the way of a task list so that the membership can assist TotJO in anything which they might be able to actually help out with.

Might I suggest that this is a logical way to go, so that the temple gets what it needs, since there are obviously people who are willing to help?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
13 years 11 months ago #30688 by Jestor
RedHeron wrote:

The certificates are considered a \"low priority\" item, which means a decision on them is likely to be a long time in coming. However, there doesn't seem to be anything in the way of a task list so that the membership can assist TotJO in anything which they might be able to actually help out with.

Might I suggest that this is a logical way to go, so that the temple gets what it needs, since there are obviously people who are willing to help?

yes, a list of things we could do would be nice. 666 seems to be awesome at graphics, some of you others are wizards at the computers.

Unfourtunatly, I am not much for those types of help. But I am willing to make phone calls, research (physically if needed and possible).

I am not sure what else to do.... I have finished the initiates program, and I am reading through the posts of old. Trying to stay busy, as well as listening to audiobooks (The way of the Peaceful Warrior, right now)
but after the initiates program, I am just hoping to be productive by welcoming the new members whenever I can.....

Jestor

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #91011 by
What ever happened with this? I'd love to see the answer to this.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
11 years 3 months ago #91013 by Jestor
As in what?

We have certificates....

Im not sure where the thread is, but the exist...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi