bullied

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

bullied 13 Mar 2010 03:48 #29230

:( I've being bullied. What should i do? Fight of not?

Re:bullied 13 Mar 2010 05:46 #29232

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
if possible avoid fighting, inform either parents,or teachers. you can also try avoiding where the bullies hang out...the first option should always be not to fight as fighting is a result of a communication breakdown...you can also try having a laugh at yourself if they try insulting you as this will give them the impression that what they are doing doesn't bother you(even though it may)...think about this, most bullies are cowards and/or feel weak which is why they pick on people smaller then them, others do so because they are arrogant and think that no one can do anything to stop them.

the choice to fight or not is entirely up to you, but always remember that every decision has a consequence as does every action, and you must be prepared to face the consequences otherwise why make the decision or take the action...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

The following user(s) said Thank You: SeanChing

Re:bullied 13 Mar 2010 12:14 #29239

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
RyuJin wrote:
if possible avoid fighting, inform either parents,or teachers. you can also try avoiding where the bullies hang out...the first option should always be not to fight as fighting is a result of a communication breakdown...you can also try having a laugh at yourself if they try insulting you as this will give them the impression that what they are doing doesn't bother you(even though it may)...think about this, most bullies are cowards and/or feel weak which is why they pick on people smaller then them, others do so because they are arrogant and think that no one can do anything to stop them.

the choice to fight or not is entirely up to you, but always remember that every decision has a consequence as does every action, and you must be prepared to face the consequences otherwise why make the decision or take the action...

Also, I might add.... Try talking to the bully one-on-one. Not surrounded by a group of others. I have actually used all of these and they do not all work for all situations. But, I have found that a one-on-one conversation actually works best. As does talking to a person you trust, and asking them to be a go-between.

And as Ryujin said, actual fighting is a last resort.

Good Luck...

-MTFBWU-
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

Re:bullied 22 May 2010 20:06 #30857

To add onto 'if possible avoid fighting' let me tell you something. I myself used to be bullied. I was short and fat and that made me a target. The second I fought back though it started a sequence... Not only did the original bully want to fight me, but so did all of his friends. It came to a point where I was fighting almost every day just to protect myself. one day they all tried to jump me at once, they succeeded.I went to the hospital because they, and the rest of there gang, tried to kill me. I still believe it could have all been avoided, but once I balled my fists that first time I had already written the end of that chapter in my life.

Humor is the best way (In my oppinion) to stave of a bullies attacks/insults/etc. But I have to agree that you should try to talk to your bully in a one-on-one situation.

I know I'm just an initiate, but if you want to talk to me more personally because I've been through it myself, please send me a private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lycaenion

Re:bullied 23 May 2010 04:44 #30865

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
quite true, like you i know from experience that sometimes when you do fight back it only brings on more fights.... my first 3 years of school i was beat up 2-3 times a day everyday. after learning martial arts, the first time i defended myself successfully all the other trouble makers decided they wanted to fight me too which led to a lot more fights. over time people began leaving me alone...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 11:00 #30969

I had a completely different experience in my childhood. I was bullied constantly by an individual on my street. One day, I decided I'd had enough and I drilled him right in the mouth. We scuffled for a bit and went our separate ways. Never got bullied by him again. Not saying it will always end up like that, but for the most part, bullies are looking for easy targets so don't be an easy target.

Sometimes violence is a last resort, sometimes it's a good deterrent.

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 14:25 #30971

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
welcome to totjo mindas,

very true most bullies do look for what they consider to be easy targets...and it's also true that violence should be a last resort but can sometimes be a good deterrent....there's an old saying:\"power perceived is power achieved\"....sometimes a display of firepower is enough to keep trouble at bay....look at the cold war....

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 18:28 #30979

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
Another Quote:

\"Violence may not be the best option, but it is still an option.....\"

and

\"It is not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up.....\"

and per Bruce Wayne's dad,

\"Why do we fall? To learn to pick ourselves up\"
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lycaenion, Solari

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 18:54 #30981

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
another would be: \" true strength is in getting back up one more time than you were knocked down\"

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 21:51 #30983

Some more would be:

\"Karate is about sente.\" - Choki Motobu (sente means striking first)
\"Walk softly and carry a big stick.\" - Teddy Roosevelt

And lastly, my favorite:
\"Those who say violence is a last resort haven't resorted to enough of it.\" - unknown

:laugh:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Jedism hippies? (Last post by Alan)
    • As an old hippie (not an ex-hippie) the issues (concerns, priorities, political agenda) remain the same: peace and justice.
    • Does "love" work? (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • in "the road less traveled" m scott peck defines love thus: “Love is the will to extend one's self for the purpose of nurturing one's own or another's spiritual growth... Love is as love does. Love is an act of will -- namely, both an intention and an action. Will also implies choice. We do not have to love. We choose to love.” he says that love is not a feeling but an action, and that the attachment that we all feel to people we desire is not actually love in many cases but rather cathexis from google: the concentration of mental energy on one particular person, idea, or object (especially to an unhealthy degree). the gist of what peck says in his book is that genuine love is not predicated upon the other persons feeling exactly the same but rather on the willingness to invest in the other person for THEIR betterment he says that love can grow from cathexis but that they are definitely not the same i agree but thats not the same as being able to live up to what i agree with in my experience, love is hard and it doesnt always love back letting go is not easy and there is a great amount of truth in the adage about loving oneself before being able to love another here is an article radicalreadings.wordpress.com/2011/06/19...e-its-not-a-feeling/
    • To the Fatty on the Track (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • this has gotten some attention and i was wondering what people here think of it i personally thought it was actually really cool - i understand (or belive) that the heart of it is to express respect and encouragement - solidarity some view it as insulting what do you think?
    • a question about the value of human life (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i apologize for not responding sooner my mother went in to the hospital last weekend and i started school on tuesday this particular conversation takes up time and mental energy that i couldnt afford until now Quote: at some point we either determine that we and our logic are the sole arbiters of what is right, (in which case having the capability to do the thing would be all the "right" one needs) or that we are a part of a meaningful whole, which has inherent worth as it is, even if we do not understand it, and which we do not have the right to break, and within which we may even find purpose and value the heart of the point that i am making, if presented in question form, could be "does an individual unit (unit meaning individual person or group or organization ect) have the right to destroy the whole simply by the fact of having the power?" at heart this is a yes or no question, but the ambiguity of language and the range of potential conceptualization makes it not only debatable, but worse, TEDIOUS im not really trying to work that hard now that ive started school so i will simply say that it is, and has always been what can generally be referred to as "religious thought" which functions to teach humans that it is "wrong" to murder everybody else and take their resources ethics have no foundation without religion even the idea of social reciprocity or societal harmony is completely moot once the individual unit gains absolute supremacy "tabula rasa" is rather appealing from a certain point of view i present the definition for religion as "what people belive to be true about life, existence, and their place within it" and i suggest that we all develop a religion irrespective of its affiliation, as a natural consequence of being thinking cognitive beings its practically inevitable i dont expect everyone else to adopt this definition for their personal inventory but for the sake of this discussion, going along with this definition, my question becomes; since people will develop a religion no matter what and since more than ever in our recorded history we have the capability for a small group of people to literally wipe out the majority of the species does it make sense that we should intentionally promote ideas which place inherent value on human life? and on us having a place with existence that we ourselves should not view as arbitrary or expendable?
    • This isn’t 1968. Baltimore isn’t Watts. And Hillar... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • www.democracynow.org/2015/5/22/indicted_...ings_charges_against A grand jury has indicted six Baltimore police officers in the death of Freddie Gray, clearing the path for a criminal trial in the Maryland courts. Freddie Gray died on April 19 from his injuries suffered in police custody. The indictments came nearly three weeks after Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby first announced her decision to bring criminal charges against the officers. While some of the charges have been amended, the most serious ones — second-degree murder against Officer Caesar Goodson and involuntary manslaughter against four of the officers — remained intact. We speak to longtime Baltimore civil rights attorney A. Dwight Pettit. TRANSCRIPT This is a rush transcript. Copy may not be in its final form. JUAN GONZÁLEZ: A grand jury has indicted six Baltimore police officers in the death of Freddie Gray, clearing the path for a criminal trial in the Maryland courts. Freddie Gray died on April 19th from his injuries suffered in police custody. His family and attorney say his voice box was crushed and his spine was "80 percent severed at his neck." Gray’s death sparked massive protests nationwide. At a news conference Thursday, Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby announced the indictments. MARILYN MOSBY: Previously indicated, my office conducted an independent investigation into the circumstances surrounding the tragic incident with the death of Freddie Gray. On May 1st, our investigation revealed that we had sufficient probable cause to bring charges against six police officers. As our investigation has continued, additional information has been discovered, and as is often the case during an ongoing investigation, charges can and should be revised based upon the evidence. These past two weeks, my team has been presenting evidence to a grand jury that just today returned indictments against all six officers for the following offenses. JUAN GONZÁLEZ: The indictments came nearly three weeks after Mosby first announced her decision to bring criminal charges against the officers. While some of the charges have been amended, the most serious ones—second-degree murder against Officer Caesar Goodson and involuntary manslaughter against four of the other officers—remained intact. ----- this is not the full transcript click the link if youre interested in the rest :-)
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Checking in... Feeling tired but managed 35 minutes of running... Zoned out of the music.
    • saber build (Last post by CryojenX)
    • Quote: venom claws arrived today, i already mounted them and modified the raven claws, the blade retention screw is hidden by one of the claws. and now until i get the internal parts i'm at a standstill on silver fang.... [attachment] Very impressive a build so far. :cheer: I currently know too little about custom sabers to get involved in something of this magnitude. I wasn't aware that the various companies parts were compatible with each other.
    • Wind Turbine Without Blades (Last post by ren)
    • It's doubtful it will beat the energy to waste ratio of nuclear or hydro though. I'd certainly love to see thorium on base load with engineered reservoirs for storage and peak.
    • Listening to our bodies (Last post by ren)
    • Sodium gives high blood pressure by first giving water retention. The rest of the time it is a necessary part of our diet. So are fats, by the way. What's really worrying are the carbs in the pizza dough and the sugar in the tomato base (both of which are just as addictive as the mtn dew). The cheese and pepperoni are harmless in comparison.
    • What Are You/We Looking For? (Last post by SilverWolf)
    • I will tell you why I joined TOTJO: All my life I belonged to a Baptist church, and then one day my mother stopped taking us. I never understood why, but I continued to read my bible and believe in God. My dad was a old-time movie buff : Top Hat, Easter Parade, Show boat, The King and I, so I guess you could say my first teachings of "how to be a gentleman" and treat women with respect came from watching those movies, with the help of my dad teaching me how those movies translates to real-life. As I got older, I watched movies like Star Wars, Camelot, Tron , Dragon Heart, and began going to National Geographic Lectures in Washington,D.C. with my parents. Though the lectures were long and sometimes boring, they awakened my mind to different cultures and religions and I began learning about religions of all types throughout elementary school, middle school, high school. Religions such as Mormonism, wicca, Satanism, Buddism. Basically, if it was a religion or belief system, I learned about it. When I finally started to play MMO games, I played "Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire divided" and was a Jedi, I was so helpful and kind, I gained a reputation that extended through two separate servers. I was kidded many times by people "Wow you really are a jedi" I laughed it off at first, but then I started to think about my life, and the friends I've made, the help I've given others in real-life and in the games I played. I am Disabled, I have epilepsy and cerebral palsy, I live on a limited Income, but yet I go out of my way to help others for no other reason other than it is the right thing to do. I then laughed and said "Oh My God! I'm basically living the life of a Jedi" However, In all fairness there are other religions that teach the same things as well. I believe the turning point for me was when my Son Aiden was born. I went to the pastor of each church within 50 miles and asked the same thing "Will you please just say a non-formal simple blessing over our son please?" Nothing fancy, just a simple "I bless this child so he may grow up strong and healthy and safe, may he learn the ways of right and wrong, and grow to be a kind, loving child. EVERY SINGLE PASTOR within 50 miles denied us a simple prayer over our son. That is when I began my search for churches in other states, and I found TOTJO. I had looked at other Jediism sites, but this one seemed to be the most forthcoming, and honest, and Though I sometimes disagree with certain members posts and beliefs on certain subjects. I find that the Majority of people here are very good, honorable, people and I have been very lucky to consider all of them "Friends". I am currently doing two types of classwork. The Jedi studies lesson ("The book" by Alan Watts) Though It is considered a very good lesson. I am also working on getting my Associates degree in Business Administration at Ohio Christian University. For my opinion and belief of what a Jedi is goes something like this: A jedi is not what is in the movies, a Jedi is like what someone would describe what a hero is "A person who helps another person for no reward other than just because it is the right thing to do" Jediism as far as I know has no rules on wether or not a woman can become a clergy, or a Jedi. Compared to most other religions they don't have many restrictions. I actually admire the Women of the Order, they can give very well thought out posts and can give as good as they can get sometimes too. They are just as formidable as any guy in this place. So that is my story, that is why I became a Jedi, and why I am staying with TOTJO and going to work on becoming clergy at some point. If you join a religion, it must feel "right" it must feel like family. Speaking for myself alone, TOTJO feels that way for me. So much so that my son wants to learn TOTJO lessons just like daddy ( he is 5) I only wish TOTJO had lessons for his Age.

There are 593 visitors, 11 guests and 47 members online (one in chat): Daniel L., Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Shadouness, Firewolf, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Joe, Connor L., Proteus, V-Tog, Locksley, Reacher, Xaii, Alexandre Orion, Elemental Harmony, Alan, PatrickB, J. K. Barger, Calem, Llama Su, Kamizu, LuCrae Jiddu, Edan, Zenchi, Venator Mortis, Cabur Senaar, Ratcliffe, Radar6590, Matsukaze, GalUnDrux, Tarran, Rocda, Tk768, OB1Shinobi, Atticus509, Krieger, Laï-La, Trashboat, MaGnA CrYsTaL, Protonix, Akahen, Adi Vas, Blind, Stroke, Ana Karen Po, Fedelrick.

Follow Us