bullied

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

bullied 13 Mar 2010 03:48 #29230

:( I've being bullied. What should i do? Fight of not?

Re:bullied 13 Mar 2010 05:46 #29232

• RyuJin
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
if possible avoid fighting, inform either parents,or teachers. you can also try avoiding where the bullies hang out...the first option should always be not to fight as fighting is a result of a communication breakdown...you can also try having a laugh at yourself if they try insulting you as this will give them the impression that what they are doing doesn't bother you(even though it may)...think about this, most bullies are cowards and/or feel weak which is why they pick on people smaller then them, others do so because they are arrogant and think that no one can do anything to stop them.

the choice to fight or not is entirely up to you, but always remember that every decision has a consequence as does every action, and you must be prepared to face the consequences otherwise why make the decision or take the action...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

The following user(s) said Thank You: SeanChing

Re:bullied 13 Mar 2010 12:14 #29239

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
RyuJin wrote:
if possible avoid fighting, inform either parents,or teachers. you can also try avoiding where the bullies hang out...the first option should always be not to fight as fighting is a result of a communication breakdown...you can also try having a laugh at yourself if they try insulting you as this will give them the impression that what they are doing doesn't bother you(even though it may)...think about this, most bullies are cowards and/or feel weak which is why they pick on people smaller then them, others do so because they are arrogant and think that no one can do anything to stop them.

the choice to fight or not is entirely up to you, but always remember that every decision has a consequence as does every action, and you must be prepared to face the consequences otherwise why make the decision or take the action...

Also, I might add.... Try talking to the bully one-on-one. Not surrounded by a group of others. I have actually used all of these and they do not all work for all situations. But, I have found that a one-on-one conversation actually works best. As does talking to a person you trust, and asking them to be a go-between.

And as Ryujin said, actual fighting is a last resort.

Good Luck...

-MTFBWU-
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

Re:bullied 22 May 2010 20:06 #30857

To add onto 'if possible avoid fighting' let me tell you something. I myself used to be bullied. I was short and fat and that made me a target. The second I fought back though it started a sequence... Not only did the original bully want to fight me, but so did all of his friends. It came to a point where I was fighting almost every day just to protect myself. one day they all tried to jump me at once, they succeeded.I went to the hospital because they, and the rest of there gang, tried to kill me. I still believe it could have all been avoided, but once I balled my fists that first time I had already written the end of that chapter in my life.

Humor is the best way (In my oppinion) to stave of a bullies attacks/insults/etc. But I have to agree that you should try to talk to your bully in a one-on-one situation.

I know I'm just an initiate, but if you want to talk to me more personally because I've been through it myself, please send me a private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lycaenion

Re:bullied 23 May 2010 04:44 #30865

• RyuJin
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
quite true, like you i know from experience that sometimes when you do fight back it only brings on more fights.... my first 3 years of school i was beat up 2-3 times a day everyday. after learning martial arts, the first time i defended myself successfully all the other trouble makers decided they wanted to fight me too which led to a lot more fights. over time people began leaving me alone...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 11:00 #30969

I had a completely different experience in my childhood. I was bullied constantly by an individual on my street. One day, I decided I'd had enough and I drilled him right in the mouth. We scuffled for a bit and went our separate ways. Never got bullied by him again. Not saying it will always end up like that, but for the most part, bullies are looking for easy targets so don't be an easy target.

Sometimes violence is a last resort, sometimes it's a good deterrent.

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 14:25 #30971

• RyuJin
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
welcome to totjo mindas,

very true most bullies do look for what they consider to be easy targets...and it's also true that violence should be a last resort but can sometimes be a good deterrent....there's an old saying:\"power perceived is power achieved\"....sometimes a display of firepower is enough to keep trouble at bay....look at the cold war....

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 18:28 #30979

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
Another Quote:

\"Violence may not be the best option, but it is still an option.....\"

and

\"It is not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up.....\"

and per Bruce Wayne's dad,

\"Why do we fall? To learn to pick ourselves up\"
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lycaenion, Solari

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 18:54 #30981

• RyuJin
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
another would be: \" true strength is in getting back up one more time than you were knocked down\"

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 21:51 #30983

Some more would be:

\"Karate is about sente.\" - Choki Motobu (sente means striking first)
\"Walk softly and carry a big stick.\" - Teddy Roosevelt

And lastly, my favorite:
\"Those who say violence is a last resort haven't resorted to enough of it.\" - unknown

:laugh:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • geometric sequencing (Last post by RyuJin)
    • lol...i have a poster board blind over my cameras... i think google already uses an algorithm like that....lol....
    • Jedi Community Action Group (Last post by Brenna)
    • Saw this and was reminded of this thread. "The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing, becomes as political an act as speaking out. There is no innocence. Either way, you're accountable." — Arundhati Roy
    • Jedi Bush-trackers... (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: a tip for starting fires without a match.... So far, I have successfully started fire with every "element" (whether Classical or Wu Xing) except water. It's next on my list. My favorite method, however, is the fire piston. [video]
    • So, whos fault is it? (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • don miguel ruiz authored "the four agreements" as far as i can tell it is an evolution or perhaps a divergent interpretation of/to the works of carlos castaneda generally these can be found under the headings "toltec" "nagualism" and of course "new age" the agreements are 1 - be impeccable with your word 2 - dont make any assumptions 3 - dont take anything personally 4 - always do your best not making assumptions and not taking anything personally are the most relevant here, though being impeccable with your word means one the one hand expressing and explaining things as precisely as possible so that you are understood and also being resolutely honest, but also being absolutely inflexible about dishing out poison or emotional gunk. basically never using ones words to hurt or punish others or to vent our own negativity/spread poison into other peoples emotional states what he says about assumptions is that they cause of a huge amount of sabotage in relationships all kinds of relationships, but especially romantic ones because the assumption is that the other person understands how we feel about everything and how we will interpret their actions or words in virtually every instance, and so if they dont live up to our expectations we further assume that its because they dont care about us or about how we feel or that they dont respect us not to mention all the assumptions we make about what theyre thinking or doing on their own so the next thing usually is we take this personal and we say things we dont really mean and that serve no purpose other than to hurt or punish the other person as i think about it, adherence to any one of these agreements would have totally changed the way this situation played out even doing her best if she would have been deliberately mindful of the idea of always doing her best then she might have gone on to bed without him, or she would have found something else to focus on deliberately without being distracted or her best to not take personally that ole dude was late likely she would not even have dropped the cup to begin with thats what this conversation reminded me of doing our best means doing our best to live up to the other agreements also
    • Meditation tips (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Rid your mind of any "empty head" nonsense you may have heard, and just be aware. Nonsense!!! My heads empty often and your right it is non-sense :lol: Perhaps better put, it could be the first step to being better able to focus on the 'mindstream' is just to observe it, but then for many later on it becomes second nature to work with it easily from emptiness to focused and back again as required - of course it cannot be empty, its just less detached and errant. Large chunks of Vajrayana are dedicated to 'cutting off' the mindstream to go deeper and deeper, perhaps better phrased as truer and truer or more 'now'!!! en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%B6d
    • Mars One (Last post by a67)
    • It's easy to say, first we need to focus on Earth problem. Wich are the problems our planet are suffering? There a lot of things we don't know about the space. I don't think it's going to be a failure unless we begin a war on space. If we focus to the sucess instead of failure we can move mountain. Can we change the problems on Earth or do we really want? Who don't want the current state change? I am not pointing on anyone. I am just sure things can change easily in 10 years. Unfortunately, we are not aware of all the technologies we have now. www.nbcnews.com/science/space/life-mars-...hane-mystery-n269311 worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/question...evive-its-magnetosph www.mars-one.com/mission/risks-and-challenges www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/...blic-interest/47616/ Just like that. Life is a one way trip too.
    • Application Open: Secretary for the Synod (Last post by V-Tog)
    • The Synod is currently is looking for the right candidate for the position of Secretary for the Synod and welcomes applications from interested Clergy members. Job Description: The Secretary for the Synod is responsible for supporting a broad range of Synod initiatives, from recording Synod discussion, assisting the other members of the Synod with their initiatives, providing insight and aiding in engagement with the wider Clergy and the Temple congregation as a whole. Prerequisites for Application: Must be a member of the Clergy (Licensed Minister or above) Must be in good standing with the Temple How to Apply: To apply please send a message to the members of the Synod; Alexandre Orion, Akkarin and V-Tog. You may, if you wish, explain why you would like to fill this position. Closing Date for Applications: Saturday 11th April, 23:59 UTC Enquiries regarding the position or the application process should be sent in a PM to Alexandre, Akkarin or myself. Note: You do not need to send your questions or concerns to all three of us, but you do need to send your application to all three of us. There is also a vacancy for the position of Secretary to the Clergy, details of which can be found here. Please take your time to familiarize yourself with the differences between these two roles and to decide which one you may be more suited to. You are welcome to apply for both positions, if you wish, but please indicate your preferred role in your application.
    • Application Open: Secretary for the Clergy (Last post by V-Tog)
    • The Synod is currently is looking for the right candidate for the position of Secretary for the Clergy and welcomes applications from interested Clergy members. Job Description: The Secretary for the Clergy serves the TotJO by centralising communications between the Clergy and the community, between the Synod and active Clergy members and Seminarians. The Secretary for the Clergy is the primary chairperson of Clergy meetings, ensuring the orderly progression of the meeting and producing a comprehensive transcript of proceedings. It is also in this Office that the Sermon Schedule is determined and maintained. Prerequisites for Application: Must be a member of the Clergy (Licensed Minister or above) Must be in good standing with the Temple How to Apply: To apply please send a message to the members of the Synod; Alexandre Orion, Akkarin and V-Tog. You may, if you wish, explain why you would like to fill this position. Closing Date for Applications: Saturday 11th April, 23:59 UTC Enquiries regarding the position or the application process should be sent in a PM to Alexandre, Akkarin or myself. Note: You do not need to send your questions or concerns to all three of us, but you do need to send your application to all three of us. There is also a vacancy for the position of Secretary to the Synod, details of which can be found here. Please take your time to familiarize yourself with the differences between these two roles and to decide which one you may be more suited to. You are welcome to apply for both positions if you wish, but please indicate your preferred role in your application.

There are 215 visitors, 5 guests and 33 members online (2  in chat): Br. John, steamboat28, Shadouness, RyuJin, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Connor L., Adder, Desolous, Proteus, Luthien, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Talariq, Brenna, Archon, Kamizu, Wudan, Pyrus Erath, a67, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, Matsukaze, GalUnDrux, Fenton, OB1Shinobi, Ramadeus, Mandalore XIII, TheDayofDreams, Mhall, Winston, bloodx.

Follow Us