bullied

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

bullied 13 Mar 2010 03:48 #29230

:( I've being bullied. What should i do? Fight of not?

Re:bullied 13 Mar 2010 05:46 #29232

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
if possible avoid fighting, inform either parents,or teachers. you can also try avoiding where the bullies hang out...the first option should always be not to fight as fighting is a result of a communication breakdown...you can also try having a laugh at yourself if they try insulting you as this will give them the impression that what they are doing doesn't bother you(even though it may)...think about this, most bullies are cowards and/or feel weak which is why they pick on people smaller then them, others do so because they are arrogant and think that no one can do anything to stop them.

the choice to fight or not is entirely up to you, but always remember that every decision has a consequence as does every action, and you must be prepared to face the consequences otherwise why make the decision or take the action...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SeanChing

Re:bullied 13 Mar 2010 12:14 #29239

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
RyuJin wrote:
if possible avoid fighting, inform either parents,or teachers. you can also try avoiding where the bullies hang out...the first option should always be not to fight as fighting is a result of a communication breakdown...you can also try having a laugh at yourself if they try insulting you as this will give them the impression that what they are doing doesn't bother you(even though it may)...think about this, most bullies are cowards and/or feel weak which is why they pick on people smaller then them, others do so because they are arrogant and think that no one can do anything to stop them.

the choice to fight or not is entirely up to you, but always remember that every decision has a consequence as does every action, and you must be prepared to face the consequences otherwise why make the decision or take the action...

Also, I might add.... Try talking to the bully one-on-one. Not surrounded by a group of others. I have actually used all of these and they do not all work for all situations. But, I have found that a one-on-one conversation actually works best. As does talking to a person you trust, and asking them to be a go-between.

And as Ryujin said, actual fighting is a last resort.

Good Luck...

-MTFBWU-
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

Re:bullied 22 May 2010 20:06 #30857

To add onto 'if possible avoid fighting' let me tell you something. I myself used to be bullied. I was short and fat and that made me a target. The second I fought back though it started a sequence... Not only did the original bully want to fight me, but so did all of his friends. It came to a point where I was fighting almost every day just to protect myself. one day they all tried to jump me at once, they succeeded.I went to the hospital because they, and the rest of there gang, tried to kill me. I still believe it could have all been avoided, but once I balled my fists that first time I had already written the end of that chapter in my life.

Humor is the best way (In my oppinion) to stave of a bullies attacks/insults/etc. But I have to agree that you should try to talk to your bully in a one-on-one situation.

I know I'm just an initiate, but if you want to talk to me more personally because I've been through it myself, please send me a private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lycaenion

Re:bullied 23 May 2010 04:44 #30865

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
quite true, like you i know from experience that sometimes when you do fight back it only brings on more fights.... my first 3 years of school i was beat up 2-3 times a day everyday. after learning martial arts, the first time i defended myself successfully all the other trouble makers decided they wanted to fight me too which led to a lot more fights. over time people began leaving me alone...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 11:00 #30969

I had a completely different experience in my childhood. I was bullied constantly by an individual on my street. One day, I decided I'd had enough and I drilled him right in the mouth. We scuffled for a bit and went our separate ways. Never got bullied by him again. Not saying it will always end up like that, but for the most part, bullies are looking for easy targets so don't be an easy target.

Sometimes violence is a last resort, sometimes it's a good deterrent.

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 14:25 #30971

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
welcome to totjo mindas,

very true most bullies do look for what they consider to be easy targets...and it's also true that violence should be a last resort but can sometimes be a good deterrent....there's an old saying:\"power perceived is power achieved\"....sometimes a display of firepower is enough to keep trouble at bay....look at the cold war....

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 18:28 #30979

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
Another Quote:

\"Violence may not be the best option, but it is still an option.....\"

and

\"It is not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up.....\"

and per Bruce Wayne's dad,

\"Why do we fall? To learn to pick ourselves up\"
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lycaenion, Solari

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 18:54 #30981

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
another would be: \" true strength is in getting back up one more time than you were knocked down\"

Re:bullied 29 May 2010 21:51 #30983

Some more would be:

\"Karate is about sente.\" - Choki Motobu (sente means striking first)
\"Walk softly and carry a big stick.\" - Teddy Roosevelt

And lastly, my favorite:
\"Those who say violence is a last resort haven't resorted to enough of it.\" - unknown

:laugh:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • A Problem. (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Yup! Best way to break something down and help rebuild it is from within. :laugh:
    • The Problem will Pass (Last post by Adder)
    • Our bodies are just really complex worm's anyway, everything is built up around a central channel which opens in the mouth and exits down below.... so to 'pass' implies a window or frame of reference of some sort, and for the aspirational 'ego' mind I guess that is the present moment plus zones extending out into the experienced past and expected future. Perhaps for the engaged 'id' mind the window might look different, but I still think it exists in some form - the challenge might be the transfer of information, and nature of alignment, between them!
    • Strict adherence to doctrine. (Last post by Brenna)
    • Sorry Rickie, I didnt think about the forum thing when I posted that topic, would you like it moved? Im happy to open it up....
    • The Death Penalty As Applied (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: Should the race of the victim and the race of the defendant be a determining factor in the DP? Execution information accurate as of November 19, 2014 following an execution in Missouri. Persons Executed for Interracial Murders in the U.S. Since 1976 White Defendant / Black Victim (31) Black Defendant / White Victim (290) [attachment] and this is so so so wrong as well. That is one of the great f'uped things of life...it's not fair. I know I know that's life and life isn't fair...but I don't have to like it and I don't have to be that way or use it as an excuse to do the wrong thing like so many do just so to get their my way.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Anyanwu)
    • Day #1 (Check In) 10 minutes of yoga ----- All I could get in today (or more accurately what I felt like doing, but I'm starting small! Thanks @Exarchias)
    • Edan (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • I can't post on the other thread.... ;) ....I wish you well. You're a good person. :)
    • The Way of Jediism (Last post by Jedi_Roz)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: YOINK! And out of appreciation for the text, give me an address in PM and I will send you a nice physical copy. (Thas TK768. I cannot afford, even at my discount, to print one and mail it for anyone who asks) What would be the cost if we wanted to pay for one? The information is out of date, but if you like work could begin on making an updated one. Is it the sort of thing that people are interested in having? I would also be interested in helping to update this.
    • Training to see the Positive (Last post by Brenna)
    • FUN! I tried it a couple ways. Just as is, with a big grin and deliberate happy feelings and then to different kinds of music. Bouncy music worked best :)
    • Friendly weight loss challenge (Last post by Callan)
    • This is a great idea... for anyone who isn't considering celebrating Thanksgiving/Chanukkah/Midwinter Solstice/Christmas/New Year in the usual gluttonous manner. If you manage to pull off any weight loss at all over the proposed time-frame, I for one will stand in awe!
    • Jibo: Family Robot (Designer inspired by Star Wars... (Last post by Revan Falton)
    • Quote: Quote: That is amazing! Any news on price estimates for the releases? So far it's $600 for the home edition and $700 for the developer edition(where you can program your own skills and stuff) I plan on buying the developers kit. You can also upgrade you home edition with the sdk later for $125. So the developers edition is the top of the line then? I looked in their website. They are no longer accepting pre-orders... Gotta wait till 2016 I guess. :/

There are 408 visitors, 8 guests and 39 members online (one in chat): Br. John, steamboat28, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, ren, Phortis Nespin, Connor L., Adder, Garwa Mayharr, Darren, Proteus, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, Elemental Harmony, Alan, Rickie The Grey, Arcade, Brenna, Llama Su, Archon, Edan, SilverWolf, babyblueyes247, Zenchi, Mathew Erickson, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, SeventhSL, GalUnDrux, Yodi, Oneiros, Mos-An Hobel, Dessel761, Exarchias, Rocda, RaB, Devcalner, Tk768, Geister, Anyanwu.

Follow Us