Idea: topic/thread for insomniacs

More
9 years 6 months ago #166553 by J_Roz
5am, cats purring, husband gone to work and corgi snorting loudly. Yup no more sleep coming any time soon. Usually I try to stay quiet and read trying to keep my body at rest. Sometimes (very rarely) do I end up falling back asleep. Have read a lot of really great books this way....

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #166555 by steamboat28

Jedi_Roz wrote: 5am, cats purring...

I'm jealous. It's 6 am here, and I've no indoor cats. I am, however, listening to classical and attempting to find a good resource for learning Latin while I playtest a Minecraft modpack.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #166557 by
Replied by on topic Idea: topic/thread for insomniacs

steamboat28 wrote:

Jedi_Roz wrote: 5am, cats purring...

I'm jealous. It's 6 am here, and I've no indoor cats. I am, however, listening to classical and attempting to find a good resource for learning Latin while I playtest a Minecraft modpack.

I miss him. We leave now separated but i will meet him on holidays :D
Btw. do you play Minecraft? I met here some other fellows who are playing Minecraft, and we are thinking about a Jedi Mincecraft realm, (is just a thought) :)

Attachment hef4f2fe.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by .

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #166558 by steamboat28
Awwwww <3

I haven't had an indoor cat since childhood. Once we found out my brother was allergic, we booted ours outdoors. It's not the same. After that, I've never lived in a place that allowed indoor pets, so I just have to do without for the moment.

Exarchias wrote: Btw. do you play Minecraft? I met here some other fellows who are playing Minecraft, and we are thinking about a Jedi Mincecraft realm, (is just a thought) :)

Yes! I do. I have gotten rather spoiled recently, playing modded Minecraft servers like Tekkit and Feed-the-Beast, but I think it would be interesting to have a Jedi realm. Lots of interesting possibilities for interaction, and something to do when some of us can't sleep. ;)
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #166559 by
Replied by on topic Idea: topic/thread for insomniacs

steamboat28 wrote: Awwwww <3

I haven't had an indoor cat since childhood. Once we found out my brother was allergic, we booted ours outdoors. It's not the same. After that, I've never lived in a place that allowed indoor pets, so I just have to do without for the moment.

Don't get this as trolling but in a far far Galaxy is someone who i am thinking you gone like him to be around :)

Attachment hb1db3e9.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago #166564 by J_Roz
I don't play minecraft. I usually just work on my lectures or lessons/reading/learning here if I'm not reading.

Heres a picture of all three of my monkeys (cats) this is my side of the bed. They do this all the time.

Attachment ha729089.JPG not found

Then add a husband and now a corgi....I think we need a king bed.....LOL

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Firefly Series

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

More
9 years 6 months ago #166566 by steamboat28
I have really mixed feelings about corgis.On the one hand, they're some of the most adorable critters in all of creation. On the other, every one I've personally met (which, granted, isn't a lot) are as obnoxious as they are cute. lol

More
9 years 6 months ago #166567 by J_Roz
LOL! Our Corgi is a rescue and I have to say she's been really great so far. Sometimes animals need to adjust to new surroundings, nope not her, we were her family from the time we met her. She's been good, but I also agree. Not just with corgis though, a lot of little dogs are just down right obnoxious. Shelties too. I grew up showing shelties in Obedience and agility. Our dogs were great dogs that where not little yippers/ankle biters. However we also worked with our dogs and didn't just let them run like maniacs either. Owner training is important. Then again a lot of owners need training too.......oh boy that is a whole new thread.....

Firefly Series

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
9 years 6 months ago #166573 by steamboat28

Jedi_Roz wrote: Then again a lot of owners need training too...

This, exactly. A friend of mine is a super-hippie shaman-type fellow who is a hardcore animist, and believes that if you talk to creature's spirit from your own, then you can have a perfectly human-level conversation with them, and explain what is and is not acceptable.

It is for this reason I will never allow his pets into my home. Ever. They run absolutely amok, because he doesn't not understand that dogs are not people, no matter how important or valuable or precious they are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz

More
9 years 6 months ago #166576 by J_Roz
Quote: "super-hippie shaman-type fellow who is a hardcore animist, and believes that if you talk to creature's spirit from your own, then you can have a perfectly human-level conversation with them, and explain what is and is not acceptable."

I'd love to have this person try that with a horse and see how far it goes. Connections are great, don't be me wrong but we are apes and they are canines. We don't even function on the same level.....*sigh*......you have to start in a common ground, using a Vulcan mind meld only works in Hollywood.

Firefly Series

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi