NOT buying Bill Gates Coffee!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #141564 by
Replied by on topic NOT buying Bill Gates Coffee!!
Dare I say it?

#'murica

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 1 month ago #141565 by Brenna

Attachment h3e700c4.png not found

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #141566 by
Built in a day, Rome was not. :side:

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 1 month ago #141568 by Brenna
How about this one then...

Attachment h8b54810.png not found

As you can tell, im terribly busy today :D

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #141569 by
There's nothing better than Jedi propaganda! hahah

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #141573 by

Brenna wrote:

Akkarin wrote:
Also Jestor, there is a monthly fee of $5 for having less than $500 in our bank account so that is an additional $60, though this expense can of course be avoided if we manage to stay above this.

WAIT! You get charged monthly for not having enough money!

:blink: :huh:

Yeah, some banks have weird rules. Mostly big banks. My local bank doesn't do this, but my girlfriend had to close her account with Wells Fargo after realizing that the bank was taking $5 every month and that she had so little money because she didn't have enough money. She thought her mother was taking it and went to the trouble of getting a new bank card and everything before she figured it out.

As for fundraising, most physical churches do yearly pledge campaigns. Has TOTJO ever done that or considered doing that?

Also, what happens to the money from the merch store? Does any of that profit go to maintaining the site?

Some people may not feel they have enough money to donate (I fall into that group). But most people get gifts from friends or family for birthdays, Christmas, etc. If the money from the store helps keep the site running, asking for merch as gifts would be helpful. Or just asking people to donate to the temple instead of giving gifts. All it takes is an email to people who usually buy you something for your birthday to say, "Hey this temple is important to me, and it would be great if you could donate for my birthday instead of buying me something I don't need."

There are more ways to donate than just digging into your own pocket and clicking the donate button (which could probably stand to be a little larger and more noticeable to be honest).

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 1 month ago #141595 by ren
Replied by ren on topic NOT buying Bill Gates Coffee!!
My bank accounts cost me nothing. I have no credit or anything and I don't need insurance from them...

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #141597 by
My account doesn't cost me anything, either. Actually I earn interest on my account. It all depends on the bank and the type of account it is. And the bigger the bank, the more likely it is that they have hidden fees. At least that's how it is in the US.

More
10 years 1 month ago #141607 by steamboat28

William CM wrote: Also, what happens to the money from the merch store? Does any of that profit go to maintaining the site?

The only problem I see with relying on the merch store for any kind of real income is that it's full of TOTJO merchandise. Which is a great thing, until you realize that your pool of potential customers is small, and very few of them are likely to be repeat buyers. The cash from the merch store(s) alone isn't enough to help out a lot, I wouldn't think, and ultimately we'd want to boost our fundraising in such a way that we can reach non-members for donation purposes, too. Some kind of service or product that non-Jedi would find functional. Or a good old-fashioned, door-to-door cookie sale, if we can keep is secret from Jestor.

More
10 years 1 month ago #141652 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic NOT buying Bill Gates Coffee!!

William CM wrote: There are more ways to donate than just digging into your own pocket and clicking the donate button (which could probably stand to be a little larger and more noticeable to be honest).

This ^

I've seen the donate button loads of times but I rarely notice it, it doesn't need to be much bigger, just maybe a different colour and in a place a bit more central?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi