The reason we're becoming more extreme

More
15 Dec 2021 12:54 #364721 by Wescli Wardest

People like to assign blame for their issues.

When you ask, why are we becoming more extreme? We immediately start looking outward for what the cause of this is. When all we have to do is look in the mirror.

You are responsible for you thoughts. You are responsible for your actions. You are responsible for what you spread. Do you remember a parent, elder or loved one asking you, “If all your friends were jumping off a bridge would you?” If you’re looking for an outside party to be responsible for your thoughts and or actions then your answer should be “yes.”

There are lots of influencing elements in the world. Lots of hysteria. Lots of money being made off suffering and shock. Lots of propaganda meant to bend free thinkers and followers to particular narrative. It is your choice rather you get sucked in. It is your responsibility for you mental, spiritual and physical wellbeing. And if we quit feeding the wolf, he would starve.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, River

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
20 Dec 2021 13:02 #364804 by ren
In sales, you need to make people comfortable with you (entertain/laugh/trust through truths they know), and put the fear in (can you afford not to have the product/service, what if you go cheaper elsewhere and the company is dodgy, what if you wait and it becomes more expensive).

This what the media you consume does. The politicians....And the hero's journey. Its study isn't about replication, it is about understanding.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Kobos

More
03 Feb 2022 03:31 - 03 Feb 2022 03:32 #365977 by Kwitshadie
The National News seem to be all guilty of stoking fear these days.
In the early days of Social Media, news found that they’d get a lot of clicks just by posting articles containing shock-content.
The problem with shock content is that once you are shocked, you are not likely able to think about subscribing to their publication. Once the company creates too much shock-content, the news network usually goes out of buisness; unless their parent company is a major Corporation then the Corporation takes a huge financial hit instead. :)

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering ~ Yoda
Last edit: 03 Feb 2022 03:32 by Kwitshadie.

More
03 Feb 2022 06:26 #365980 by Adder
Making people feel something LOL. Probably indicates either we're used to being fed stimulation for stimulation sakes, or are being starved of it. Seems to fuel sensationalism into a consumeristic model that can be profitable at the cost of society slipping backwards. For 'truthseekers' it makes it like trying to find a library in the middle ages!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity Amyntas

More
03 Feb 2022 23:23 - 03 Feb 2022 23:25 #365989 by Kwitshadie
Tell me about it, I’ve been sticking to the local news and focusing on local issues instead of National; but National news tend to creep up from friends on my Facebook feed. My parents turned off the news all together.

Last edit: 03 Feb 2022 23:25 by Kwitshadie.

More
04 Feb 2022 03:37 #365993 by Malicious
It's just a byproduct of us eroding our own past morality and letting corruption happen . Just look at the mouse utopian experiment if you have paradise it doesn't last long . We will continue to destroy ourselves and let more depraved acts go unpunished . You here about bad things happening more and more everyday . As a civilization we have some pretty bad habits and can't shake them . We just ignore it and think it will go away eventually but it never does . To fix these problems we would have to rewire how we think , we would have to go against our own nature and cut out greed entirely . Not only that but develop away to take away hostile emotions as well , only then could we have some form of stability . Or we could put super glue on the wound by cracking down harder on criminals , reforming our civil morality ( something along the lines of 1920's mannerisms ) and prescribing more anti-crazy pills .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W, Kwitshadie, Vincent Causse

More
05 Feb 2022 02:12 - 05 Feb 2022 03:26 #366016 by Kwitshadie
The best way is to vote in local elections and vote for or against the incumbent based on their performance and not by Political Party alone. ^_^
I’m not sure what else we can do to bring both my Conservative and Leftist friends together.
As far as greed goes, we 21st century teens have grown up not sure how to grow food or learn woodshop.
I suppose the apartments could allow for folks to grow a mini garden and share.
Either way we are in for an interesting time in history and we’ll pull through the chaos; we always do every 80 years. :)

Last edit: 05 Feb 2022 03:26 by Kwitshadie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Alexandre Orion

More
09 Feb 2022 23:50 #366126 by ZealotX

Malicious wrote: It's just a byproduct of us eroding our own past morality and letting corruption happen . Just look at the mouse utopian experiment if you have paradise it doesn't last long . We will continue to destroy ourselves and let more depraved acts go unpunished . You here about bad things happening more and more everyday . As a civilization we have some pretty bad habits and can't shake them . We just ignore it and think it will go away eventually but it never does . To fix these problems we would have to rewire how we think , we would have to go against our own nature and cut out greed entirely . Not only that but develop away to take away hostile emotions as well , only then could we have some form of stability . Or we could put super glue on the wound by cracking down harder on criminals , reforming our civil morality ( something along the lines of 1920's mannerisms ) and prescribing more anti-crazy pills .

Not to start anything, but when did we have this utopia of morality that you're referring to? Like... historically. When was it?

You probably don't know this, but I love you. I really do. I've grown to love everyone on this forum so trust me when I say my intentions are pure and whatever I say is only in love.

But with that said...

As a student of history (B- student perhaps), what I see and desire to see is progress. Sometimes that progress is bloody because we're fighting people trying to hold on to the past. During the civil war the thought of ending slavery wasn't universally popular. That is a testament to the moral compass of a generation! If I lived back then what side would I be on? It's hard to say because hindsight is 20/20 and what I think and believe NOW is a product of understanding that history and the environment it has created. We're still suffering effects of that division. People are still making heroes out of those who fought for the South because the South didn't want to give up its slaves. Slaves.

Slaves.

It's funny how much of the Star Wars universe fails to be "universal". Most of the stories behave as if the center of the whole universe is actually Tatooine. He who hath and ear will understand what I'm saying.

Tatooine is easy for us to imagine because it's easy to imagine human nature in this environment. Due to the lack of presence of the Republic the people were free to make other people less than free. And the spice flowed even if you almost never see anyone on Tatooine high. Think about it.

That product is going somewhere else, to those who can afford it. Tatooine represents people who struggle to survive in spite of the scarcity and harsh conditions.

But it's like someone on Tatooine saying "remember when it wasn't a desert?"

What? It wasn't even the same people. That was the Kumumgah. The only people who can really say "remember when" are the Sand people and no one is asking them. No one ever really asks the natives how they feel.

So for everyone else... it's like it just begs the question...

When, what period in history, are you pointing at as a sort of beacon of goodness that we have since lost? Because often... too often... this kind of question also begs (often typically from the same group of people asking the question) whose fault is it that things are now different? Who (what group) do we blame for this? And this allows people, typically those asking the question, to be entrenched in a certain political movement that tends to find those groups to blame (different from the group doing said blaming).

So because the question, in my most humble opinion, seems to be in search of a certain answer I have to question the question. Do you see? Again... it's all love.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Zero

More
10 Feb 2022 03:36 #366127 by Zero
I agree with zealot here…..things arnt any worse now than they ever have been….it’s just that now, we’re all online and connected and having every piece of news at our finger tips, up front an in our face all day long. Sure we’re all more aware of the atrocities, but they arnt anything new. Just because your now aware of something dosnt mean it has just started it’s existence.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentice: Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini, Khwang

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

More
10 Feb 2022 06:57 #366129 by Adder
The same with nature, folk tend to think its placid and true, yet it's more like 'all teeth', just most of them teeth are too small to bother us, or have us notice it bothering us. We have built thicker and thicker types of skin to distance ourselves from things, so we can focus on other things instead of survival.

Plus of course in societies, the progression from closed to open societies goes through a stage where it appears worse than before!!! Seemingly because of the emerging openness revealing the truth that did exist before - but was hidden.

I think it's called the J-curve, though I'm not sure getting more open equates to getting more stable.... as it seems we tend to shift the base expectation upwards about what represents stability!? So the more open things get the more unusual closed things seem, just because they're not open.

I think what happens is each generation assumes their parents quality of life and social norms is the base which everyone starts from, rather than the reality that the parents quality of life was the product of decades of work and the social norms were hard fought improvements. When it's all stuck together with tape and string most of the time. Each generation looks away from the past in an effort to define themselves as being for the future.

So like a mix of distancing ourselves with artificial layers of skin, and redefining ourselves with new patterns of better dots. But when those replace mindful motive and directed action........ we just get a churn which equates again to survival of the fittest all over again (fit defined by power as it might exist within the society at that time). Of course when society changes, the definition of what constitutes power also changes, whichever way it changes ;)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi