What would help the Temple Be A Better Place? Suggestions please...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2018 20:15 #315288 by

Arisaig wrote: Because my statement that you had refereed to was a joke, but you made it seem as otherwise. I just wanted to clarify that it was a jest, in case it had been taken as a serious statement. I am, after all, allowed to make a joke from time to time. ;)

I thought it was otherwise. The poster you replied to seems to take the fictional lore very seriously based on his comments. Then as a joke your reply was not designed to encourage or give constructive criticism but to belittle him. So if the lore is a valuable source of instruction why do you disparage it like that in this case by using it as a source of mockery? As a Jedi is this a trait you aspire to?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2018 20:50 #315290 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I thought it was otherwise. The poster you replied to seems to take the fictional lore very seriously based on his comments. Then as a joke your reply was not designed to encourage or give constructive criticism but to belittle him. So if the lore is a valuable source of instruction why do you disparage it like that in this case by using it as a source of mockery? As a Jedi is this a trait you aspire to?

I dunno, must have a different Star Wars wherever you are from here. I seem to remember some of my favourite quotes from the Jedi are... well... sassy.

Exhibit A

But still, seems like you're down for arguing for the sake of arguing today. Everyone here knows I don't belittle people. I may jab, but always in friendly jest. I'm not a malicious person, and thankfully I have that reputation. We don't climb a mountain by shoving people back down, especially if we're all attached to the same line (ie. The Force). And that was all my point was. A friendly jab. Hence, as previously mentioned, I denoted it as humour.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2018 22:32 #315293 by
I don't pull too much from the fiction, but just like the bible and other books, there is wisdom to be taken from some of the quotes. Do, or Do Not, there is No Try. Be Mindful... In A Certain Point of View, there was a quote I loved that I will probably write down for funeral ceremonies if it's ever needed "Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Rejoice for those who transform into the force." So I think there is good wisdom in almost anything from religious texts, to fiction, to lyrics from the Beatles.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2018 23:01 #315296 by
Not universal wisdom though to be sure.

How can there be practice without the try? No one just decides expertise in a thing and then just becomes that.

To deny the morning of a loved one is to deny us one of the most basic emotional processes we can ever go through. Denial is not healthy. Celebrate them yes, but also morn them unashamedly. To do any less is to deny our humanity.

More
11 Feb 2018 23:51 - 11 Feb 2018 23:53 #315297 by Zenchi

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Not universal wisdom though to be sure.

Your opinion of course...

To deny the morning of a loved one is to deny us one of the most basic emotional processes we can ever go through.

I've always been more of an evening sort of guy myself... :laugh:

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 11 Feb 2018 23:53 by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2018 00:33 #315299 by

Zenchi wrote: Your opinion of course...

That's the point isn't it?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2018 13:54 #315342 by
Quotes are words, fictional stories are made up, doesn't matter the source, what matters is the meaning they invoke.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2018 14:05 #315343 by
Because wisdom is innate, we can all enlighten ourselves.
Huineng

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2018 14:11 #315344 by
All know the way, but few actually walk it.
Bodhidharma

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2018 14:29 #315345 by
Kyrin,

I agree with you on the mourning. But think there should be a short mourning period. I have a cousin. It's been about 8 years since her son died. It seems like every day FB is filled with messages to that dead son. I think when it becomes an attachment and you can't go on with your life that it becomes an issue. To me the quote is about not letting the mourning control you. Miss them, and go on. I still miss my parents, but I don't spend every hour of every day mourning them.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi