What is it like to feel gender?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Aug 2021 21:13 - 22 Aug 2021 22:23 #362229 by
Replied by on topic What is it like to feel gender?

River wrote:

WoodfordJedi wrote: But i reckon you could swap the word "size" for "skin" in Yoda's famous quote and it would make the same point

What is Yoda's famous quote?

Size matters not, judge me by my size do you ?

Given skin is a lottery, we dont get to choose our skins.

Skin matters not, judge me by my skin do you ?
Last edit: 22 Aug 2021 22:23 by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2021 22:27 - 22 Aug 2021 22:29 #362237 by River

WoodfordJedi wrote:

River wrote:

WoodfordJedi wrote: But i reckon you could swap the word "size" for "skin" in Yoda's famous quote and it would make the same point

Cool, thanks.
I'm just not very familiar with Star Wars, it's not really my thing, so I'm not able to just know quotes like that from a kind of oblique reference.
Last edit: 22 Aug 2021 22:29 by River.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Aug 2021 22:37 - 22 Aug 2021 22:52 #362238 by
Replied by on topic What is it like to feel gender?

River wrote:

WoodfordJedi wrote:

River wrote:

Cool, thanks.
I'm just not very familiar with Star Wars, it's not really my thing, so I'm not able to just know quotes like that from a kind of oblique reference.

You are Welcome

Its a scene from the Empire Strikes back, where Yoda is training Luke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcG71T5Fs6M

The gestalt being external appearances are not relevant, and not to judge someone by them. In Yoda's case it was size, but the wisdom imo extends to skin colour, or configuration

To the question in the OP, i personally feel "me", Gender isnt how i identify "me" , the skin i wear is just a vehicle.
Last edit: 22 Aug 2021 22:52 by .

More
09 Aug 2023 00:41 #373843 by Kellahin
I'm not sure if you are still here, but thank you for this  

More
26 Sep 2023 13:34 #374270 by Kwitshadie
If you want to wear clothes of the opposite gender, more power to you. I got eyelashes as long as the Ladies but with bulky muscles; plus my height that intimidates people at times. 
Just remember that your muscular-skeletal system is built differently. Trans-Females have been getting the upper hand and winning in Female sex sports in droves as of lately; woman’s sports were to put it gently established for a reason.
Personally, it would be better to start a trans-sports division.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering ~ Yoda

More
26 Sep 2023 17:58 #374275 by Wraith

If you want to wear clothes of the opposite gender, more power to you. I got eyelashes as long as the Ladies but with bulky muscles; plus my height that intimidates people at times. 
Just remember that your muscular-skeletal system is built differently. Trans-Females have been getting the upper hand and winning in Female sex sports in droves as of lately; woman’s sports were to put it gently established for a reason.

Yeah, no. Jedi do not support this kind of ignorance. 

They're not 'wearing clothes of the opposite gender'. they're wearing clothes that match their gender. 

After a few years on hormones, there is negligable if any 'prior advantages' left. All these cases of trans women winning sports are highlighted because of their trans identity, not because of any records being won. How many trans people have won in the Olympics, please, remind me. 

Jedi do not agree with your statement at all. Right on the front page, "In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin."

Your ignorance on the matter isn't even what this thread is about. Its about what it feels like to feel gender. Instead, you regurgitated talking points that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. You saw the word gender and let yourself become blinded to what is, rather than what you wanted to be. 

More
26 Sep 2023 18:12 #374276 by Tellahane

Kwitshadie post=374270 userid=42405If you want to wear clothes of the opposite gender, more power to you. I got eyelashes as long as the Ladies but with bulky muscles; plus my height that intimidates people at times. 

Yeah, no. Jedi do not support this kind of ignorance. 

They're not 'wearing clothes of the opposite gender'. they're wearing clothes that match their gender. 

After a few years on hormones, there is negligable if any 'prior advantages' left. All these cases of trans women winning sports are highlighted because of their trans identity, not because of any records being won. How many trans people have won in the Olympics, please, remind me. 

Jedi do not agree with your statement at all. Right on the front page, "In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin."

Your ignorance on the matter isn't even what this thread is about. Its about what it feels like to feel gender. Instead, you regurgitated talking points that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. You saw the word gender and let yourself become blinded to what is, rather than what you wanted to be. 

There's far more ignorance in this reply then the above. Claiming all "Jedi" support or don't support, agree or don't agree is a false statement. Jediism is a Syncretic belief system that meshes in many ways with many different kinds of beliefs. There is no "only way", or "one way" to believe.

That being said my personal view points favor kwitshadie, you can push all the hormones you want there are significant changes in the human body during development based of genetics that gives physiological advantages in males, over females. Biological males will always have an advantage.

I also feel the point is relevant because it does bring an interesting view point for purposes of discussion on the topic at hand. There are physiological differences and the best way to explain them is the frog in the boiled pot analogy. One may not understand what it "feels like" because they have been in the pot for many years of their life. That tends to be in flux during puberty sure, but after awhile you've always noticed a bigger bone structure, a different bone structure, different anatomy, different center of gravity, innate muscle development and strength, all from your genetics. If there was a way to magically change that, you would notice a very different feeling, such as dropping the frog into a boiling pot of water already. So one could say that having been in their physical being and shape for such a long period they may not recognize so easily how they "feel in it". Though there are likely some meditative techniques and practices that could help with re-experiencing that.

All that being said lets not be quick to assume "all jedi" believe one thing or another. I personally don't believe trans anything is healthy, but it doesn't meant I won't respect others differing beliefs and views, even within this temple on that subject. Let's stay respectful here please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kwitshadie, Serenity Amyntas, Antares

More
26 Sep 2023 19:56 #374280 by Wraith
so i read this welcome packet thing that said this place was LGBT safe. 

that obviously was a lie if someone can just say a trans woman is just a man in woman's clothing playing pretend with mental issues, or vice versa, without challenge and even worse just flat out support from a knight. I will reach out to my teacher with this information. 

More
26 Sep 2023 21:48 #374282 by Tellahane

so i read this welcome packet thing that said this place was LGBT safe. 

that obviously was a lie if someone can just say a trans woman is just a man in woman's clothing playing pretend with mental issues, or vice versa, without challenge and even worse just flat out support from a knight. I will reach out to my teacher with this information. 
I'm fairly convinced that's not what just happened. Your very quick to assume, and judge, and your gaslighting attempt hasn't gone unnoticed. Still, if you wish to have a discussion on it I'm more then willing, find me on the temple discord and reach out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwitshadie, Serenity Amyntas

More
26 Sep 2023 22:39 - 26 Sep 2023 23:03 #374284 by Kwitshadie
Yeah, Autism runs deep in my family. The University of Washington threatened to put me in an institution for my Autism as an Infant so just to fizzle out the assumptions; this was in 1996 so we’ve come along way since then. ^_^

If you want to find a way to allow Trans community to compete; and also to allow Woman to have their own sporting events so they can win as well, I’m all ears. ^_^

I remember in my Highschool that they had Men’s, Woman’s and Gender Neutral Bathrooms and I personally preferred the Gender Neutral Restrooms for their cleanliness and is an inspiration. ^_^

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering ~ Yoda
Last edit: 26 Sep 2023 23:03 by Kwitshadie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity Amyntas

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi