Library - Grabbag of Occult Literature 1

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2007 19:11 #8949 by
Lenny wrote:

I had some of Scott Cunningham’s work but I lent them to a friend and they were never returned. Oh well, mark it as knowledge spread and leave it at that.

I know how you feel, I had a HUGE Witchcraft library, over 300 books, and many books by Scott Cunningham, and my ex stole it. He even stole all of my own writings & ritual tools along with everything else I owned to my name, however, I believe he will reap wicked karma for that, :evil: so, I haven't bothered to hex him.

It still makes me extremely angry though, so I just ask the Gods to take my anger and do what they will with it because I can't use it properly-as in without harming him that is. :)

As far as lending out books, I've had it happen that they were not returned aswell and so now- when I aquire a new library, I won't lend anymore.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2007 19:49 #8951 by
well the first book i got that really got me started on the path i am currently on, i even forget the book now, but i leant it out in high school to a person who was generally interested in learning what wicca and witchcraft really was, well, she never returned it and i haven't seen or talked to her for a long while now but i am not upset about that because she was really interested and i hope it helped her as much as it helped me. Also, i have this idea to open a new age store out here in cali and would like to have a small section where people can come and trade books so everyone benefits.

More
09 Nov 2007 02:52 #8970 by Garm
The first books on wicca that I had, were given to me by a co-worker. One day we were talking and the subject came up, and learning that I was interested she opened up, amitting that she had been practicing for many years, but kept very quiet because very few people understood. Anyway she gave me my first books because she prefered to not allow something like books come between our friendship. I always thought that this was a wise notion. These same books were among the volumes that were never returned. We live far away from each other now but still keep in touch.

On the subject of books and belongings taken in malice, we can always sit back and reflect on the threefold Law. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2007 14:09 #8992 by
Thank you Lenny:) You just made me feel a lot better and you're absolutely right:)

Anora: I too had everything I needed to start an occult shop and my ex stole all my stock aswell, I had made my own oils, spell & rite kits, spa kits, besoms, and I even had a photocopier for people who couldn't afford to buy the books they wanted, so they could just copy whatever they wanted from any book in the store for free. I also had incense, hand made staves and wands & stangs, altar & ritual tools, candles of many shapes and colors, ribbons, hand made sachets for aromatherapy and spell work, hand made poppets, herbs that i grew and dried myself, you name it, he stole it, and you know it's not the thieving that gets to me, it's the spiritual rape, the man intentionally stole every hope & dream I had, including the things I needed to secure a financially and spiritually fulfilling future for myself and my son, and all of my religious items to prevent me from practicing like i once used to. But I believe what Lenny said, and even though he's no Witch, he's not exempt from karma and the 3 fold law and I honestly look forward to hearing about what happens to him because of what he did to me. :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2008 09:08 #12591 by
Wow. This is a truly amazing list! Maybe someday I will get through it all. ;) Thank you for sharing!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2008 20:39 #12609 by
Okay, since this is considered the Grabbag, does anyone have their own opinion for getting started in Magick?

More
19 Mar 2008 22:22 #12615 by Garm
I have a funny (weired) story...I said in an earlier post that my Wicca books were lost...lent and never returned...all true.

But this past Saturday morning I walked into my basement rec room and on the foozeball table there were five books, Wicca; A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, Living Wicca; A further Guide for the Solitary Practioner By Scott Cunningham, Faery Wicca- books one and two; Theory & magick, and Shamanic Practices of the Cunning Arts by Kisa Stepanich, and a copy of necronomicon (which I never had the chance to read yet). No one in the house said that they put them there. These are some of my missng books, my notes are on the pages ...wow... and I have been missing them for some years...and two moves as well.

Talk about strange.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2008 23:13 #12622 by
hmm, sign??? and i would recommend reading the Necromomicon, i am almost done. It is very interesting. I don't want to say i believe everything but it is worded rather interestingly. Heck, i have't even finish reading my bible, lol. I am also going to be looking for some of the older books on Demonolatry as soon as i get some money.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2008 15:44 #17356 by
Wow, that's great!
Can't wait to take a look!

Christina Krantz
Pagan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jan 2010 08:47 #27484 by
Hi, I noticed this post and thought I'd check it out, it seems the link is dead, is there any chance that there is a new link or a way to access these, I'd love to read alot of them, though I would not consider myself pagen anymore, I doubt very little of the possibilities and am always looking to learn more. Thanks in advance, hope I'm not being rude by asking this :-)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi