Using TOTJO and some bbcode help

More
18 Dec 2014 09:17 - 18 Dec 2014 09:17 #174211 by Adder

Ruminator wrote: how to use quick reply and get that video box for youtube links?

I think the OP might have been for a previous incarnation of the forum, as I do not see any 'Quick Reply' button anymore. For youtube vidz I just copy and paste the URL address into the body of your reply, quite literally like this for example;
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybAUM7KoXco

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 18 Dec 2014 09:17 by Adder.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Dec 2014 15:45 #174230 by
Replied by on topic Using TOTJO and some bbcode help
Thanks mate!

I suppose they have switched to a newer template. Even though it doesn't have the quick reply feature(which is really handy imo) it is still pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0_GHFK4aJ4

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2015 19:45 #176436 by
nice post

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 May 2015 14:42 #193683 by
Is there any custom BBcode set up for floating an image? It's a good way to wrap text to the side of a signature image and make it take up less space overall.

More
31 May 2015 14:58 #193684 by Edan

CryojenX wrote: Is there any custom BBcode set up for floating an image? It's a good way to wrap text to the side of a signature image and make it take up less space overall.

I don't have the answer to this, but have you seen the size of some signatures? :P (Not looking at anyone in particular... ;) )

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
31 May 2015 16:41 #193691 by Proteus

CryojenX wrote: Is there any custom BBcode set up for floating an image? It's a good way to wrap text to the side of a signature image and make it take up less space overall.

Tables are what are typically used in signature bbcode to place objects to either side.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 May 2015 16:57 #193693 by

Proteus wrote: Tables are what are typically used in signature bbcode to place objects to either side.

Oh ok, thanks. I didn't realize this was possible with bbcode. :blush:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Dec 2015 04:54 #215685 by
I'm having trouble showing that multiple quotes come from member A, as I address each quote, followed by the same thing for member B. In particular the quote="memberA" post=number code. This goes first and that first quote needs to be wrapped in quote-/quote code. So the 2nd quote also needs its own quote-/quote and so on, right?

When quoting member B, I start the quote="memberB" post=number code, followed by quote-/quote references. But I get something wrong as the result

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Dec 2015 05:05 #215693 by

Entropist wrote: I'm having trouble showing that multiple quotes come from member A, as I address each quote, followed by the same thing for member B. In particular the quote="memberA" post=number code. This goes first and that first quote needs to be wrapped in quote-/quote code. So the 2nd quote also needs its own quote-/quote and so on, right?

When quoting member B, I start the quote="memberB" post=number code, followed by quote-/quote references. But I get something wrong as the result

Yes. when something starts with quote= it has to end with /quote

So if you have (quote="Member A" post=144965) you have to end it with (/quote). that is when you can start typing. then if you want to add in another quote, from another member, you just put (quote="Member B" post=3564) and end that with (/quote) as well.

I'm not sure if that helps you at all

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
24 Dec 2015 05:08 - 24 Dec 2015 05:10 #215694 by Jestor
Its more basic...

Just need:

Code:
[quote="jestor"] this is quote [/quote]

that makes:

jestor wrote: this is quote

That easier?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 24 Dec 2015 05:10 by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi