New Degree System of Jediism?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 20:03 - 31 Jan 2016 20:06 #225552 by
Replied by on topic New Degree System of Jediism?
There's 4, so even you are evidently confused ;)

Again... you have proposed a new system and describe no actual benefits for adopting it, so far as I can see. That things "should be recognised" in the scheme... as I say, they already are.

Finally the H.Div recognising one as "Jedi"... all that is required to be recognised as Jedi is to believe that which is in our Doctrine.
Last edit: 31 Jan 2016 20:06 by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 20:08 #225553 by

tzb wrote: There's 4, so even you are evidently confused ;)

Again... you have proposed a new system and describe no actual benefits for adopting it, so far as I can see. That things "should be recognised" in the scheme... as I say, they already are.

The benefits, ( read edit I made for you, in my first reaction :blush: ) Equality, rank system have different levels of understanding. But the div. system makes it like there are globally 3 ways of degree. I find it highly confusing that the temple ranks are so many, but with only 3/4 div. What is the purpose or logical behind that? :)

~ Aqua

More
31 Jan 2016 20:08 #225554 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic New Degree System of Jediism?
At the moment there's really only two though...

D.Div has more or less been scrapped, and M.Div has been suspended for a long time now ;)

I find the system that we are left with very simple and non-confusing:

Knighthood = half a degree (A.Div)
Senior Knight(hood) = a whole degree (B.Div)

Pretty straightforward, right? :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, RyuJin, Breeze el Tierno,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 20:12 #225555 by

V-Tog wrote: At the moment there's really only two though...

D.Div has more or less been scrapped, and M.Div has been suspended for a long time now ;)

I find the system that we are left with very simple and non-confusing:

Knighthood = half a degree (A.Div)
Senior Knight(hood) = a whole degree (B.Div)

Pretty straightforward, right? :)

Mm.. I made this split of after the faq post.. :) I can not find something about a half degree in the faq? It confuses me. :dry: Tried to bring up a old idea, but that seems to be not so good of me.. :unsure:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 20:16 #225556 by
Having more degrees would complicate matters, they seem superfluous whereas the ones we have now (of which there are two) actually correspond to significant steps in your learning.

tzb wrote: Your depiction of the current scheme also misses the M.Div, Master of Divinity, gained with Senior Knighthood and completion of Seminary.

Regarding M.Div and D.Div, neither are actually a thing anymore, because we don't have any policies designed to actually grant them. The reason the D.Div is there is because I chose to leave mention of it, and when it was used it was used honorifically. The post-Knighthood part of the degree needs to be changed, if it includes degrees beyond B.Div we'll just have to wait and see.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 20:18 #225557 by
Ok. The Details of Degree Scheme post pinned in the forum still lists them, I wasn't aware they'd been scrapped. My bad :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 20:19 - 31 Jan 2016 20:20 #225558 by

Akkarin wrote: Having more degrees would complicate matters, they seem superfluous whereas the ones we have now (of which there are two) actually correspond to significant steps in your learning.

tzb wrote: Your depiction of the current scheme also misses the M.Div, Master of Divinity, gained with Senior Knighthood and completion of Seminary.

Regarding M.Div and D.Div, neither are actually a thing anymore, because we don't have any policies designed to actually grant them. The reason the D.Div is there is because I chose to leave mention of it, and when it was used it was used honorifically. The post-Knighthood part of the degree needs to be changed, if it includes degrees beyond B.Div we'll just have to wait and see.

Guess that, your words answer my question :blush:
Last edit: 31 Jan 2016 20:20 by .

More
31 Jan 2016 20:26 #225560 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic New Degree System of Jediism?

Aqua wrote: I can not find something about a half degree in the faq? It confuses me. :dry:

We try not to talk about the nitty-gritty of this stuff too much, but the B.Div is a Bachelors degree and therefore is equivalent to what is commonly thought of as 'a degree' - i.e. when you go to university in the traditional sense, you graduate with a Bachelors degree (at least, in the UK we call it that!).

Here at TOTJO that degree (the B.Div) is worth 400 points/credits. All of the work that you complete over your entire time here contributes to these 400 points.

At the point of becoming a Knight you would have earned 200 points/credits so far, which is the requirement for the A.Div - so you can see that numerically speaking, it is quite literally half of the full B.Div degree.

Does that help?

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 20:29 #225561 by

V-Tog wrote:

Aqua wrote: I can not find something about a half degree in the faq? It confuses me. :dry:

We try not to talk about the nitty-gritty of this stuff too much, but the B.Div is a Bachelors degree and therefore is equivalent to what is commonly thought of as 'a degree' - i.e. when you go to university in the traditional sense, you graduate with a Bachelors degree (at least, in the UK we call it that!).

Here at TOTJO that degree (the B.Div) is worth 400 points/credits. All of the work that you complete over your entire time here contributes to these 400 points.

At the point of becoming a Knight you would have earned 200 points/credits so far, which is the requirement for the A.Div - so you can see that numerically speaking, it is quite literally half of the full B.Div degree.

Does that help?

Ehm, you do give me more questions. Sorry :blush: But I have never heard of the point system, something for FAQ maybe? :unsure:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 20:37 #225563 by

tzb wrote: Ok. The Details of Degree Scheme post pinned in the forum still lists them, I wasn't aware they'd been scrapped. My bad :)

Fixed. Personally I always forget about the forum posts, I don't really use them, because I find articles better lol. So if anyone finds posts containing stuff which seems out of date please let me know because the information is most likely wrong.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi