This Should Be Christian Not Abrahamic (Yes / No)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2011 10:42 #44558 by
Greetings Everyone,

I was reading through this thread, and I truly think that it would be the best and most respectful way to handle this situation through different forums/groups -- one for the Christian Studies Group, one for the Jewish Studies Group, and one for the Muslim Studies Group. Based on the the faith that a Jedi follows, if any of these three apply to them it would be specific in content, applicable for the Jedi in question, and would open doors for those who were looking for this particular forum to be a part of. Of course, the activity is based on interest; but having the choice and being valued and respected for each person's interest and faith choice is a positive way of doing things. This is my opinion/suggestion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2011 11:56 #44562 by Wescli Wardest
I don't care what people call it or describe it as.

I did even notice it when I was looking into the site. I read the content.

I do not put much stock into labels. Many things are labeled something they really aren't. If what religion we are must have a name (for tax purposes or something or what ever) then of course name it. I know it's already named and that possibly changing the name is the question at hand.

I read many good points throughout this thread, and a few funny comments, and I would have to agree with many of them. I would leave it the way it is and add subcategories for clarification. Even though I know it would be a hassle to add all the subcategories one would need to cover all the different groups that might come here. And perhaps more actively search to find people, or text, that could add “teachings” in the subcategories. A council could be formed for that particular task.

And I like what Kawda Dopor said, “It comes to my understanding that this is primarily a site that focuses on the whole and not simply the part.”

Or we could come up with an entirely different label. One that would include no previously established religion but, as accurately as possible, describe the overall belief system of the TOTJO. What that would be, I would have NO idea! I'm not really that articulate or well versed. But, I bet with some thought it could be found. Just throwing out ideas!

No matter what, I'm here for the long haul.

Monastic Order of Knights

More
17 Nov 2011 12:38 #44564 by Adder
I'd vote Abrahamic if its still being considered, just because they share so much content and therefore could add insight to the same topic, in the same context, but from a different perspective. Unless they got really busy where they started creating their own themes, because seperation might give them a better chance to be coherant in their own subthemes.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2011 01:48 #44582 by
I've liked the discussions and definitely some fun comments. I have a different perspective altogether. I have been Christian and Muslim within the past couple of years. I have stopped practicingfor reasons of both belief and culture. Honestly, I think subgroups would be a good idea although I'd be a little concerned about how many Christian denominations would come out with desires for their own. You could get into a crazy situationwhere each denomination wants its own forum. Really, there are branches from all three religions and it could get into a mess of offshoots. I think if we have subforums under the Abrahamic special interest group, it could just be Christianity, Judaism, and Islam and work with the inclusiveness of those three religions as opposed to the sects within the three.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Nov 2011 17:33 - 27 Nov 2011 23:45 #45080 by
Edit: I misread it (4 am will do that to a person.) I don't agree with segregating anything everything should just be abrahamic. Splitting "Jewish" "Islam" and "Christianity" would be a way to segregate things. I mean you can have a christian up bringing and not worship christ which will instantly make you "non christian" in a sense. Segregation is always bad it's like "This forum topic is for Christians only Jews drink over there." In my opinion everything should be equal and not by creating 3 different subs because essentially they are all the same religion anyways (this comes from a christian converted to Islam.) Any type of segregation (especially uneeded ones) are just that segregation. It would be different if you had religious text fights over who is right then it should be split to prevent it but as far as an unwarented split is sort of like having a "white" water fountain and a "black" water fountain back before Martin Luther King. Doesn't matter what percentages because then it just ends up disrespecting the ".1%" for no reason besides wanting it more of a secluded to "your" (said as a whole" view points.

Just my opinion of course.
Last edit: 27 Nov 2011 23:45 by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Nov 2011 00:21 #45085 by
I say make your sub interest group... we are Jedi and that makes us one.... I am a practicing Christian (for 35 years) and would love to share with other Christians/ Jedi. If any other faiths jump on through discussions... even better... not that big a deal....

More
28 Nov 2011 05:49 #45105 by Br. John
We have a forum for Christian Studies. At least we did. I'm sure it's still here but I'm not seeing it. The holiday really messed up my diet and my blood sugar is crazy. My vision is off so I'm probably looking right over it.

If someone could point it out please?

Founder of The Order

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
28 Nov 2011 06:14 #45106 by Jestor
That was the point of this thread Br. John... I believe...

This forum is called Abrahamic...

It, as well as the Pagan and Buddist all seem to be subforums of the Humanist/Realist...

That's not right...

The should be seperate like the Jediism forum...

As well ad the kids forum, and ladies forums are also of "special" interest...

In my opinion...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
28 Nov 2011 06:19 #45108 by Jestor
We never put it to a vote...

Christian would be a sub forum of the Abrahamic forum...

As well as the Islamic, and whatever...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Nov 2011 06:53 - 28 Nov 2011 06:53 #45111 by
if there is a change to insue why not meet half way and leave the abrahamic rite for inter religion speaking and us non christians can still speak to christians without some sort of "passing barrier" thought when entering another sub forum and instead create a brand new specific forum for specifically christians. This will create the choice to talk about abraham's religions in general and those who must have a specific sub forum can have theirs. i think this would be a better way to show to the muslim and judiasm followers that this isn't only a christian only forum. This way EVERYONE wins without further segregating things. So in short keep this sub forum the same and add a christian specific sub forum

(bolded to catch attention)
Last edit: 28 Nov 2011 06:53 by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi