Reaching out. A meditation technique

More
4 years 7 months ago #342682 by Kobos
So this has been one I have used for a while and is not so different than Zazen meditation.

So first, know your surroundings, what ever place you are in whether it be your room or the forest. Get to know it with your eyes. Then simply sit down look at it from that angle. Then close your eyes, let the thoughts you have had through out the day run through your head very quick. Then start mentally picturing your surroundings, think of it like a printer printing an image from your body outwards. Know where your chair is, see the carpet that only edges underneath it, the coffee table in front of you sitting just off center, the lamp to your right ect. on outward.

Now I know my place pretty well but I always start in working towards the outside. Eventually I get to the actual layout of my apartment in my head. I imagine feeling the breeze in the other room from the window I know I left open, I focus on the subtle hum I know is coming from the fan in the main room even though I cannot hear it. Then slowly bring it all back to your body.

I know this is basically just an excersize in mental imaging but knowing the real and imaging it based off that and truly focusing on being accurate about it is a great way to practice this, and silence the mind for just a little bit. Now that said if you get really good at it, it doesn't mean you can walk around in the dark and not stub you toe, but it might just help you get a little stronger in situational awareness in other areas, help you notice the little things.

Just something I have been practicing lately and found to be a nice mind silencer.

Much Love,
Kobod

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Tetrahedron, Carlos.Martinez3, Aegisthus23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342709 by
Is this the same meditation folks use to feel themselves? I'm familiar with a breathing meditation that's supposed to allow one to feel their aura..

If so, it's the same technique that allowed my experimentation with telekinesis..

More
4 years 7 months ago #342711 by Kobos
Honestly, I am not sure if it is specific to anything haven't looked into it. This is more less just one I started doing and it's helped me find some peace and given me what I feel as a little extra awareness, so I decided to share it.

I could understand the focal point of those activities to be awareness around you so I'm sure it shares at least that focus. I am skeptical of aura and telekinesis in general though auras at least are something I would look at. Aruas though can have many different forms when considering them deeply.

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi