Colors Of The Jedi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9700 by
Colors Of The Jedi was created by
With the Holidays here - and red and green everywhere we see - the Jedi do not have color designations to decorate or wear, or use... Sports Teams, Organizations, and Holidays, Special Events, even gender and other social issues have color designations they can use.

How about the Jedi?

After some thought this is an option: It is Kraft Brown (or natural beige), a lighter blue, and a bright green and white as Jedi Lightsaber classic colors and white for spirituality.

Of course it could be changed a bit to add grey, or black or red - for other Jedi/Sith Community philosophies. Just as those who celebrate Christmas but are not Christian often use the winter colors of blue, silver and white... (which also happen to be the Jewish Colors of the season).

Kraft Brown is considered a color of humility. Green might also add to the concern for the environment and life. Blue may stand for loyalty, and other aspects of the Jedi.

I would be very interested in feedback.

(Frankly - I'd like to be able to celebrate as others do - and colors are colors are colors..lol...no one can complain. But perhaps it would be a nice start?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9701 by
Replied by on topic Re:Colors Of The Jedi
After some input by Jedi from around...here's the newest...

This is a session to have input...

Remember the white can be altered to fit the philosophy of Jedi/Sith if desired...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9702 by
What is this for again? Or is it just a general pallette for consideration in choosing robes and or sashes/sari or something like that?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9705 by
Well - the colors of robes are pretty well established. Those can also be individual.

No - this would be the Jedi Colors like if you had a Jedi Gathering and wanted to decorate. More designation colors. Sports Team colors.

This is more for our real lives - not just Jedi Ceremonies.

We don't have any - as Jedi. Almost all organizations do - but the Jedi (realists) do not.

Just trying to get some imput into what colors mean "Jedi" to us as people who study the Jedi Philosophy/spirituality/lifestyle.

These are what we've come up with...

So far...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9711 by
sorry to ask ... but I thought we were jedi and not jediists !

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9715 by
Jedi or Jediist? They are both correct. You are Jedi Lysello Zanega. Jediist is a way to throw folks off balance before they have a chance to make fun of your religion.

"I'm a Jediist", force's them to think for at least a second whereas Jedi to many people means a fictional movie character. It's an option - a tool.

I think it's pretty clever but then I made it up.

One thing is that Jediist was never used in the movies or books so it can only mean a real Jedi where just Jedi can mean either real or fictional.

Anyone else have thoughts about this?

Br. John+<br><br>Post edited by: Darth Maleficus, at: 2007/12/14 11:01

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 4 months ago #9717 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Colors Of The Jedi
I would say Jedi is a noun or adjective describing a person, idea, belief..., it functions as an orientation or signal so that everyone knows where they are at. Jediist is an adjective or adverb describing a way of life or philosophy. What makes say a person tick.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9718 by
From my perception a Jediist is someone studying the philosophies of the Jedi and trying to integrate certain ideas to their everyday life.

Wheras a Jedi is a person following the Jedi philosophy and Creed, striving for optimal evolution concerning their body, spirit and mind.

Therefore I think the most of us are rather Jedis than Jediist ... and besides just to prevent misunderstandings I wouldn't create a different name. People should accept us the way we are, we shouldn't change our perception of ourselves to make it easier for them to accept us.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9720 by
Wow!!! This is the most engaged response - and I've been to 8 sites - with the colors of the Jedi Online Community post.

My feeling is most like Lysello Zanega.

Jediists are those who follow the Jedi ideals but do not &quot;train&quot; body/mind/spirit - but may instead be Clergy, or instructors, or another specialty etc., but do not train as if all training body/mind/spirit were symbiotic.

Jedi Clergy can be Jedi!!! Don't get me wrong. Also never, ever, ever, assume Jediists or Jedi are somehow LESS THAN. Jedi can be less involved because of their intense training. Jediists can be less well-rounded because of their focus.

I am now just really beginning training as a Jedi. The physical part is only now part of my all-around training.

Before I was really doing Jediist Training. One day I may go back to Jediist Training...

Pretty much we all know who are Jedi and who are Jediist. But never think it's elitist one way or another. It's different - it's not better or worse because each has strengths and weaknesses.

It's really not that important but to the individual and their training. But it is something to be aware...?

Anyway - the Jedi Online Community colors have changed. Realize these colors are not for a Jedi Site which likely already had a color scheme. It's not for ceremony or robes.

It's a template for...oh Jedi Gatherings where Jedi come from all sorts of sites to meet. It's neutral. It says &quot;Jedi Community&quot; to many and it's inclusive.

White has been stricken from the colors - some may want to put their Jedi Philosophies in so addition of white, grey, black or red is an option and leaves no one out.

The Jedi Community Colors are: Jedi Cloak (brown/beige), Light Saber Green, Light Saber Blue, and Purple.

I may use the colors at home to celebrate - or if I meet up with other Jedi offline. I may use them for ribbons to ID my luggage. I may make a bumper sticker...

Also - the colors are slightly vague because it's hard to match colors. But these seem to say &quot;Jedi&quot; and also give some room...

This really is for fun and fellowship among the Jedi Community at large.

Nothing is set in stone - and further comments/suggestions are welcomed!

- Asta Sophi<br><br>Post edited by: Asta Sophi, at: 2007/12/14 11:59

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 4 months ago #9727 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Colors Of The Jedi
I would have thought that Jedi (as far as our Temple are concerned) are those who take the oath and live by that.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi