For \"Old\" and \"New\" Jedi alike......

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 6 months ago #8213 by Neaj Pa Bol
I posted this in my blogs back in July and have gotten a little antzi every once in a while to see a little something to help each other keep on the path.....

Being Jedi....

Each person that chooses to take the Jedi Path has their own reasons, wants and search. Not one of us can simply say, \"I just wanted to be a Jedi\" or \"The Philosophy of the Jedi is how I want to live my life\", etc. Though we can say that in the latter part of the \"Whys\".

Each of us has our own point of view, can never change that or we would be mindless drones instead. Yet, we all search, seek, think, and feel many of the same things about being Jedi. It's our own perception of what being Jedi is outside of the basic teachings that brings these points of view into play. No differnce than that of the perception of the bible, the koran, etc. Heated debates are usually the outcome because we have these different views. What we percieve as well as read or hear has variences from person to person. We should remember is this, that how one person sees something is not nessesarily wrong but just a different view.

So for all of you I say this. Before you think someone is wrong in there point of view, unless you really, really know they are wrong, listen to their point of view, don't let frustration, discontent or even intolerance get in the way.

This is one of the most contested things that I see amoung people in general, not just Jedi, is the individual point of views. Being Jedi to me is to look past that and credit each view with thought and merrit even if I don't agree or see it a little differently.

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8235 by
Neaj Pa Bol,
I absolutely agree with your words and find delight in the fact that others are reading this. I find it pointless to become heated over discussion merely because two people aren't looking at the same object, or idea for that matter, from the same angle. Some people are tall, some are shorter, some are even colorblind. There are countless means to looking upon such things, including the shifting changes of a jump or leap above, for a moment, and then back to the ground once again. Thank you for sharing this.

May the Force be with you,
Oracle
Jedi Disciple

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #8239 by Jon
When the opinions of two individuals clash, it is like when two weather fronts meet producing a storm. After a lot of lightening, thundering and rain there follows a bright sunny day.

What better test for a point of view, what better synthesis could there be to get a better understanding?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8240 by
Of course, I understand that a clashing is necessary for growth in this sense because it helps one question one's self and beliefs, theories, and thoughts. This however, doesn't need to be a hurricane or a situation where both the warm front and cold front decide the other one's beliefs or even self shouldn't exist.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8241 by Jon
Of course Br.Oracle to have to change oneself in the face of force is to live a lie, not to be true to one`s self. Commu-(ication)-nity remains an invaluable place where the metal of our ideas are tested in fire. This might even mean a hurricane. Unfortunately very often the resulting strife becomes the centre of focus and not the matter at issue. Talking from personal experience, some of the most trustworthy friends I have were made after very heavy discussions.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8243 by
Weighted argument is fine, but hot-headed arguments? I don't think that would be a good idea. I think you just have to take pride/ego out of the equation so that no one ends up suffering a great deal.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8244 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:For
Oracle wrote:

Weighted argument is fine, but hot-headed arguments? I don't think that would be a good idea. I think you just have to take pride/ego out of the equation so that no one ends up suffering a great deal.

Couldn`t agree more!;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8273 by
I've learned a lot about people in many situations. I had the experience of being on two ends of one this past week. A co-worker and a supervisor were not having an easy time with eachother. The co-worker confided in me that she was thinking of quitting soon. I kept my mouth shut becasue I know people can change their minds day to day and minute to minute. The supervisor told me she thought the person was lazy.

This didn't put me in the middle.

As a Jedi and a follower of the Force, I must let things take their own course. This way lessons are learned and I can observe. I can also offer advice or direction.

I told my co-worker that if she was thinking of quitting, don't do it just because you don't get along with the supervisor. If you are going to quit, make sure that you speak to the supervisor or the owner of the establishment and raise your concerns. If you walk out, it may not look good. The consequences are that a future employer will contact this establishment for a reference. So if you quit,make it a good reason. Talking to your higher ups will gain respect even if the employment is terminated. Also give your two weeks notice. You will have to ask for your final paycheques and severence pay. This means that your communication with them isn't over.

After this discussion, and after I left for the day,the supervisor wrote up my co-worker which made her upset. So the next day, she left early before the supervisor started her shift. She said she wasn't feeling well and asked to leave early. No one gave her permission to leave,but did it anyway. Another woman left earlier in the day for the same reason. (Not feeling well).
Today the two had a clash of words and my co-worker asked me if I wanted to quit along with her. Now I was somehat involved in her descision. I told her I have more to lose than to gain by quitting. I won't quit until I have a new position or accepted proposal lined up. I have bills to pay and a family. That comes first. That is what keeps me here. She walked out anyway. Our supervisor told me I was alone to handle things at my end of the department. When the owner saw that things were backlogged, he had the supervisor help. She gave me other instructions and I did what I was told. This meant that they were prepared for the next shift as well as into Saturday.

The manager (who happens to be the owner's son) said, I guess she didn't value her job. So maybe it was a good thing she left.

Jon Said in an earlier post:

When the opinions of two individuals clash, it is like when two weather fronts meet producing a storm. After a lot of lightning, thundering and rain there follows a bright sunny day.

This was a prime example of people clashing.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8763 by
i also agree, everyone is entiled to their own opinions, views and understandings without discrimination and intolerence...

\"May the force be with us all\" Master Jedi Mace Windu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9100 by
However one must understand that it is in the clash of opposing points of view that learning takes places.

However just because learning takes place does not mean that understanding follows. It is up to the individual to try to understand the other point of view. And if they decide their perception is incorrect to alter theirs or accept another one.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi