Definition of Christianity.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8368 by
Replied by on topic Re:Definition of Christianity.
Asta Sophi wrote:

For some....yes...they feel the Force is like God.

For many the Force is not...and cannot be worshipped as such.

Tolerance is the answer.

-Asta

Dear Lizzy:

Since I know how much you hate titles, yet, you know more than many Jedi Masters, I hereby crown you Ms. Liz - Queen Bee of Jediism.

Problem solved.:P

I implore you (for The Gipper?) to instruct our Welcome to Jediism 101 seminar and in return I'll (let's works that out later).:whistle:

I'm asking you to do something that few I know can do; educate the public about the core of Jediism without bias. I've takes the liberty of getting Jediism.info and we can pay you $1.00 a year to be its Editor.

Love,

John Henry;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8369 by
Queen Bee is good! LOLOL... But I certainly do not know more about Jediism - but possibly my view of it - than anyone else.

Of course I'd be happy to help with anything you ask. But so many times Jediism as a discussion is the best method of learning. Such as was shown here...I so enjoy reading the philosophies here!

I am always willing to share anything...but would want to pass it by others here for their input?

- Asta

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8370 by
Asta Sophi wrote:

Queen Bee is good! LOLOL... But I certainly do not know more about Jediism - but possibly my view of it - than anyone else.

Of course I'd be happy to help with anything you ask. But so many times Jediism as a discussion is the best method of learning. Such as was shown here...I so enjoy reading the philosophies here!

I am always willing to share anything...but would want to pass it by others here for their input?

- Asta

We are not the newest game in town and we are not the most difficult game in town but we ARE the Source of the First of Many Things New to Jediism (Real World).

We are enablers.

Though legally we are a 'church' we accept members who do not believe we are a church in full communion and accommodate requests for non-titles etc. We are equally an Educational corporation as a Religious corporation; it's in the main part of our Articles of Incorporation. We all agree that we are a community for better or worse and most of us agree that it is our duty to love even those who injure us.

Love Thy Enemy does not equal Make Your Enemy Your Friend but it reminds us that to hate our enemy's hurts ourselves.

Love your enemy as an enemy.

Remember that more often than not Right makes Might rather than might makes Right.

M (John Henry)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #8371 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Definition of Christianity.
Asta Sophi wrote:

For some....yes...they feel the Force is like God.

For many the Force is not...and cannot be worshipped as such.

Tolerance is the answer.

-Asta

Why should we be limited to a God-Man or not relationship? There are so many more possibilities (my complimentary opposite; my being part in the whole...). There are so many relationships or marriages where on partner \"worships\" the other. I don`t think \"tolerance\" as going far enough, after all does our society not trie to tolerate insanity. This does not mean that an issue is being accepted as an inherent truth. What we have is a freedom of choice between one truth or another. To choose means to distinguish and take the consequences.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8372 by
I only give my responses when I feel like I should, this is a great topic. It could be titled \"The Chicken or the Egg\", none of you are right. None of you are wrong. This is one of those round conversations that is not going to end. I do enjoy coming here, and yes you could say that I 'worship' here, but also I am not a religious person.

We are all here because in each of us, there is voice that others can't hear. Be it our conscience, faith, or heart, whatever you call it. We are here because of our belief in the Force, period, end of story. It just proves to me what a gift we have been given, the ability to talk with like minded people, on any topic. 'Worship' here if you must, I believe the concept of worship has been tied to major religions for so long it is synonymous with all religion.

It is my understanding, this is a religion. This is a church. But, our church, synagogue, temple, or out house, whatever you want to call it, is ours. We have the ability to change all the grievances that people have about religion, and we do that by showing our tolerance, and helping those in need. My real worship is in me all day, every day. The Force is with us, sometimes over the debates we can forget that.

MTFBWY!!!!

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8374 by Jon
KieranHalcyon wrote:

I only give my responses when I feel like I should, this is a great topic. It could be titled \"The Chicken or the Egg\", none of you are right. None of you are wrong. This is one of those round conversations that is not going to end. I do enjoy coming here, and yes you could say that I 'worship' here, but also I am not a religious person.

We are all here because in each of us, there is voice that others can't hear. Be it our conscience, faith, or heart, whatever you call it. We are here because of our belief in the Force, period, end of story. It just proves to me what a gift we have been given, the ability to talk with like minded people, on any topic. 'Worship' here if you must, I believe the concept of worship has been tied to major religions for so long it is synonymous with all religion.

It is my understanding, this is a religion. This is a church. But, our church, synagogue, temple, or out house, whatever you want to call it, is ours. We have the ability to change all the grievances that people have about religion, and we do that by showing our tolerance, and helping those in need. My real worship is in me all day, every day. The Force is with us, sometimes over the debates we can forget that.

MTFBWY!!!!

Far from this being a battle of witts, as to what came first, this is an attempt to understand, explore and grow. Each person has their view, their own personal experience, their own real truth.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8393 by
To me, Christianity, is just bad, not for everyone obviously, but for me, bad, with a capital B. Why? Because I was forced to go to horrid church gatherings during the holidays, while everyone else I knew, was out doing other things, like.......looking at lights on people's houses or something. Me? No, I had psycho grandparents that made us do the church thing.

As for me now, it is just another belief in something bigger than themselves. For most of those, it's so that they have something they can blame their problems on, and to thank when things go right, instead of taking the credit for their good/ill fortunes themselves, which they should be doing.

Personal observation, wonderful thing, isn't it? And for the record, just because they ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil they got banished from paradise, now that's just messed up.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8394 by Jon
Lord Khord wrote:

To me, Christianity, is just bad, not for everyone obviously, but for me, bad, with a capital B. Why? Because I was forced to go to horrid church gatherings during the holidays, while everyone else I knew, was out doing other things, like.......looking at lights on people's houses or something. Me? No, I had psycho grandparents that made us do the church thing.

As for me now, it is just another belief in something bigger than themselves. For most of those, it's so that they have something they can blame their problems on, and to thank when things go right, instead of taking the credit for their good/ill fortunes themselves, which they should be doing.

Personal observation, wonderful thing, isn't it? And for the record, just because they ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil they got banished from paradise, now that's just messed up.

Lol...some might see eating from the tree as being the first break into freedom and taking responsability for decisions.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8395 by
The Jesus of the Christian religion according to me it first and real Jedi knight.His role has to be big in the Jedi religion according to me. He could be a big ideal for us because of this.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8396 by Jon
Eridanus wrote:

The Jesus of the Christian religion according to me it first and real Jedi knight.His role has to be big in the Jedi religion according to me. He could be a big ideal for us because of this.

...some even see Him as being Lord of the Force.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi