Definition of Christianity.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #8263 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Definition of Christianity.
According to the dictionary definition of worship which I posted earlier even simple reverence/respect is a form of worship. Worship does not have to be conditioned by complicated rituals or having some kind of object or image.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8264 by Jon
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

I still see no reason to worship it. Life Is. Thats all, if you worshipped life, you'd have to worship everything that lives, that could be time consuming don't you think?

I don`t know about the time thing, but I personally I manage to fit it in every minute of the day by trying to love (reverence/respect) everything I meet in daily life.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8356 by
Replied by on topic Re:Definition of Christianity.
Sweet, so by the dictionary definition of \"worship\". All people, even Christians break the commandment \"worship on others, no idols\" (paraprasing) because by simply respecting say, one of your parents, you worship them. Thats a sin! By respecting the pastor of your church, you are worshiping him, or the president (not that most like or respect him). I respect you Br. Hans, but in no way do I or would I worship you. Text book definitions hold little weight to me, many times, this is definately one of them. I'm pretty sure that most Christians would even agree they don't like that definition, concidering what it would imply.

Though I don't Love much, and don't try to love everything, I do agree, I respect most life as it is given in general sense, but I do not respect all that live, because I believe that many give up their rights by committing certain crimes or by committing other less hanous crimes repeatedly, and anyone who attempts to harm myself or my family. My family of course consists of my wife, kids, parents, siblings, so on, and my brothers and sisters in arms.

DK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8357 by
Whoops, should proof read before submitting, that line should read...
\"worship no others, and no idols\" still paraprasing.

DK

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8358 by Jon
Well Br.Dhagon this is where we part our ways, i do respect and try to love all life. Including criminals. But then again, each to his own.

Lol, now back onto our topic of worship. Now if we did not have a defining point of reference such as a dictionary then the chores of discussion would be considerably more difficult. But there are people who like to make life more difficult.

Now lets look at the words Worship and Respect. Worship in relation to Respect has a much narrower sense. Someone who worships actomatically is respectfull. Someone who is respectfull does not necessarily worship. This solves your problem of idolatry in Christianity.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8359 by
Dhagon Krayt - this Jedi site is of a \"religious\" nature. It is founded as that, and although you and I may not understand - does it matter?

(I suspect you did not grow-up in this sort of church environment.)

I am known here as a \"secularist\" and have been welcomed and treated as a sister. I am also allowed my \"securlar\" point of view which tells me this is a good place - and moreover - a Jedi place.

There may be some things done here I do not feel are mainstream Jedi, or even possibly Jedi at all, but I also see this site helping others.

Secularists and Christians, etc., can all prosletyze - but Jedi do not. I know this is a lesson I recently had to learn?

We can also question - and discuss - and it's that to the benefit of all?

But realize the nature of this site. It is based on very religious/church ideals. As Jedi we must respect and allow for all...especially if they do good. (If they do harm - well - that is a different story of course!)

This weekend at Jedi Sanctuary this very discussion is occuring. It is also a ULC church - but it likewise has a different view . They believe Jediism is a spirituality - for the most part. We can all HAVE spiritualities where as we ARE our religions.

(I AM Buddhist, I AM Christian, I AM Moslem etc. or I FOLLOW Jediism, or I FOLLOW Buddhism, or I FOLLOW Christianity.) This particular site and others believe they ARE Jedi. They take that to mean it is a religious calling.

I choose to have no religion. But I do have many spiritualities?

As a Jedi, I see it as an active body/spirit/mind pursuit through training. I feel I find some of my training here at TOTJO because of the philosophical conversations...and spiritual entity?

...The question is not right or wrong...for them...but for we as individual Jedi? For me the answer is I see good here. It is good because it is tolerant - and being tolerant - I see it follows the Jedi Path.

(Did I make sense?)

-Asta Sophi

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8361 by Jon
Asta Sophi wrote:

Dhagon Krayt - this Jedi site is of a \"religious\" nature. It is founded as that, and although you and I may not understand - does it matter?

(I suspect you did not grow-up in this sort of church environment.)

I am known here as a \"secularist\" and have been welcomed and treated as a sister. I am also allowed my \"securlar\" point of view which tells me this is a good place - and moreover - a Jedi place.

There may be some things done here I do not feel are mainstream Jedi, or even possibly Jedi at all, but I also see this site helping others.

Secularists and Christians, etc., can all prosletyze - but Jedi do not. I know this is a lesson I recently had to learn?

We can also question - and discuss - and it's that to the benefit of all?

But realize the nature of this site. It is based on very religious/church ideals. As Jedi we must respect and allow for all...especially if they do good. (If they do harm - well - that is a different story of course!)

This weekend at Jedi Sanctuary this very discussion is occuring. It is also a ULC church - but it likewise has a different view . They believe Jediism is a spirituality - for the most part. We can all HAVE spiritualities where as we ARE our religions.

(I AM Buddhist, I AM Christian, I AM Moslem etc. or I FOLLOW Jediism, or I FOLLOW Buddhism, or I FOLLOW Christianity.) This particular site and others believe they ARE Jedi. They take that to mean it is a religious calling.

I choose to have no religion. But I do have many spiritualities?

As a Jedi, I see it as an active body/spirit/mind pursuit through training. I feel I find some of my training here at TOTJO because of the philosophical conversations...and spiritual entity?

...The question is not right or wrong...for them...but for we as individual Jedi? For me the answer is I see good here. It is good because it is tolerant - and being tolerant - I see it follows the Jedi Path.

(Did I make sense?)

-Asta Sophi

Absolutely ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8362 by
Drat! Wish I could edit..lol

Worship is believing the Force to be honored, as higher than. Respect is the same?

I felt those things as a Christian towards God/Jesus but not as a Jedi towards the Force.

That said - tolerance is an act of love. In love, we do honor as not higher - but to rejoice! -to paraphrase Aristotle.

To love the Force is to love - for the Force is of all things (to me).

The mystery is deep and wide...I don't think I'm for it today lol...but I hope that helps in the conversation (I'm at work - sorry.)

- Asta Sophi

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8364 by Jon
Asta Sophi wrote:

Drat! Wish I could edit..lol

Worship is believing the Force to be honored, as higher than. Respect is the same?

I felt those things as a Christian towards God/Jesus but not as a Jedi towards the Force.

That said - tolerance is an act of love. In love, we do honor as not higher - but to rejoice! -to paraphrase Aristotle.

To love the Force is to love - for the Force is of all things (to me).

The mystery is deep and wide...I don't think I'm for it today lol...but I hope that helps in the conversation (I'm at work - sorry.)

- Asta Sophi

16.10. Jedi believe in destiny and trust in the will of the Force. We accept the fact that what seems to be random events are not random at all, but the design of the Force. Each living creature has a purpose, understanding that purpose comes with a deep awareness of the Force. Even things that happen which seem negative have a purpose, though that purpose is not easy to see.

...indeed the Force is something greater to be respected, loved and reveared. Just as a Christian might for God.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8367 by
For some....yes...they feel the Force is like God.

For many the Force is not...and cannot be worshipped as such.

Tolerance is the answer.

-Asta

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi