Kieran's reflections

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8016 by
Kieran's reflections was created by
I have been knocking around the idea of making a 'what I believe' post for a long time. This week being my 29th birthday, I thought it would be a good time.

The older I get the more I see the error of my younger days. I don't think that being a kid at heart is such a terrible thing, I enjoy it actually. I stay up late, watch cartoons, 'play' outside, and am still pissed at my playstation when I die. What makes a person this way? My whole life I have never wanted to grow up. I am a grown up. I have bills, a job, and the feeling that I will not live forever. My outlooks are the same. At my ten year reunion everyone told me that I am just the same as I was back then. That is what speaks the most volume about me. I have grown up, without growing up!

The path to our mortality is paved with our desire to be what we are. I have stayed the course, I have done the work, I have made the tough decision. I am a Jedi(almost). Now that I have found the 'light at the end of the tunnel', I am renewed in my efforts to live the best in the time that the Force has given me.

As I look to the future, I don't see anything. My life will continue on as it has for the last twenty-nine years. The things I do see, have been with me this entire journey. My family is my salvation. I turn to them for all my troubles, and failures. My desire is my companion. I want to excel, to run faster, farther, and be the best. The Force is my well spring. I accomplish all things, good and bad, with the help from my 'internal power'

The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is. With my faith, I can accomplish all that is possible. Thanks to all of you, for helping me on my journey!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8028 by
Replied by on topic Re:Kieran's reflections
happy birthday!

your reflections are full of wisdom and serve as a wonderful reminder to us.

to true it's good to never grow up. i still get upset at my playstation, watch cartoons, play outside and yes even still play with toys (although it's all evolved to adult cartoons, play, and toys).
it's healthy and a good thing to keep that \"childish\" behavior. it reminds us where we've been and keeps us on track to where we're going.

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8029 by
Replied by on topic Re:Kieran's reflections
A most happiest of birthdays to you and many more, you are in the right place at teh right time and your thoughts are so true as I have felt that you are only as old as you feel.
I like to be around the young and soaking in youth energy it keeps me young , I love gaming, watching cartoons and I still eat a bowl of cerial of dinner, staying young is nice but with proper balance no noe will know truly how old you are unless you tell them. lol
You really never grow up you just get older and it is your perception as to how you are treated and how you behave it all depends on the situation.
Still to play is one of the most wonderful things a person can do even a simple game of hide and seek or dodge ball can still be enjoyed.
Having families and companions is the best thing for a person as it is a fact that a lonely person will not have as much joy unless he or she can share it with someone.
MTFBWY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER
mojjiimoto -Jeddi Padawan

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #8031 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Kieran's reflections
Congratulations my apprentice on your birthday. And what more an appropiate a moment to reflect on life! The good news is that we are not alone, and the really good news is that you know it. I wish you a successful and fruitful life as a Jedi.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi