Death

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7915 by
Replied by on topic Re:Death
I think Br. Jon, that it is simply the fear of loss in realtionships, or loss of whatever it is they fear to lose. I truly do not think that most fear death itself, only dying and losing that which is close to them. Not saying that goes for everyone, I'm sure there are some out there that are truly terrified of dying.

So, we should live like a 5 year old. Complete lack of fear for things that shouldn't be feared. I think that they have it right, they, on some lower subconscious level, understand better than adults, that dying is natural, and come what may.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #8049 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Death
\"There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some ofthe most popular are `Why are people born?' `Why do they die?' `Why do they spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches?'\"
-Douglas Adams

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8050 by
Jon wrote:

\"There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some ofthe most popular are `Why are people born?' `Why do they die?' `Why do they spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches?'\"
-Douglas Adams

That's true, I've always wondered why digital is so popular...I mean for the beauty and grace of time keeping you can't match a swiss analogue movement.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8053 by
Simple answer. Ease and laziness.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8055 by
Yea but would you want to wear this...

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8056 by
or this?

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8057 by
Neither. I hate wearing watches. But, when I wear one, it is not digital. My wife makes me wear one from time to time since she spent the money on a nice one for me.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi