conducting marriage

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7241 by
Replied by on topic Re:conducting marriage
i would be happy to contribute in any way i can.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7453 by
To answer Dragon Khayt's question, I live in Pennsylvania but I can walk to New Jersey in less than two minutes. I live right on the river and border of the two States. To my Knowledge New Jersey still allows Homosexual Marriage. I also realize that whether or not our beloved temple supports this concept, the law is still the law of the land and is the final word on anything.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7456 by
and as it is written in the Jedi Codex you should never forget, that the Jedi is not above the law ! ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7531 by
I do wonder, under the current precepts of Common Law Marraige, does it have to be man and woman? I know that not all states have common law marraige, but for those that do, this could be a legitimate use for gay couples to have marital rights (i.e. Death Benefits, Family group medical insurance, etc..) Technically if it does not say specifically that common law marraige only applies to man and woman, it could apply to anyone (maybe even animals, in Kentucky or Arkansas). Once a review of the laws of the state show this to be the case, all it should really take is a decent lawyer (only because you know people will fight it) to get the marital benifits provided to any other married couple. Just a thought for anyone who this may apply to, or knows anyone this may apply to.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7533 by
I am interested in helping with a ceremonies handbook, what can I do?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi