Jedi are heroes!

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 8 months ago #7186 by Jon
Jedi are heroes! was created by Jon
\"Most men live lives of quiet desperation
and go to the grave with the song still in them.\"
-Henry David Thoreau

This quote from Henry David Thoreau is quite thought provoking. It reminded me of „Dead Poets Society“ and its call to living deliberately, sucking the marrow out of life, and about death in the light of not having lived fully. Life means philosophy! „To be a philosopher is not merely to have subtle thoughts, nor even to found a school, but so to love wisdom as to live according to its dictates, a life of simplicity, independence, magnanimity, and trust.„ This is Thoreau`s heroic call to the hero in each one of us. „In many myths and folk tales, a hero is a man or woman, traditionally the protagonist of a story, legend or saga, who commonly possesses abilities or character far greater than that of a typical person, which enable him or her to perform some truly extraordinary, beneficial deed (a \"heroic deed\") for which he or she is famous“ (Wikepedia). As Thoreau did, all heroes help to open up people's sense of what was possible for each other human being. Our world needs heroes (Jedi) because these can help to show viewers what is possible. People look to heroes (Jedi) because of the ideals they live out. They are symbols for all the qualities others would like to possess and all the ambitions they would like to satisfy.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 8 months ago #7193 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Jedi are heroes!
“Nurture your mind with great thoughts; to believe in the heroic makes heroes”
-Benjamin Disraeli

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7211 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi are heroes!
although simplistic as it may seem (and dorkey) my favorite sentiments on hero's came from spiderman 2- let me refresh your memories (the exact wording eludes me so don't harass me too hard)
Aunt may: \"people need a hero, they line up around the block to cach one glimpse, then for years tell of when they saw the person who taught them to hold on for one more day. I belive there's a hero in all of us that keeps us standing tall, and finally lets us die with dignity.\"

it was an extremely well written point that not only do we need hero's we are all hero's in our own way.
it is my thoughts on hero's that we do in fact need the hero's aunt may spoke of in our media, they are good for all of us. what kid didn't pretend to be spiderman saving people, or a jedi from the films saving our friends? they help give us guidance in what a hero does and a starting point for our real hero's
we also have real life hero's all around us that we as people need to remind us a hero doesn't need tights or special powers. they are our fire fighters, police, and EMT's. But more so they are anyone who helped someone and did one kind thing.
Aunt May was right- there is a hero in all of us.
MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7276 by
stevef wrote:
Aunt May was right- there is a hero in all of us.
MTFBWY

Yes, but if one is stuck in the darkness one can only hope that a friend lights a candle so we can see that or else it can get frustrating (one may have a feeling of worthlessness...).

So, I guess, THANK YOU for the candle!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7362 by
i agree but here is my thoughs on it and sry but i dont remember who said it

\"A hero is no braver than ordanary man, hes just braver for 5 minutes longer.\"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7371 by
i liked those last two! Especially the candle one.

i must admit- lately things hav been rough for me at work and there is a great candle here with all of you. so i must say as well thanks for the candle!

so to branch off on this (and maybe we should start a new post)-
my personal hero is Oscar Schindler and on the ring he recived from his workers was enscribed \"he who saves one life saves the world entire\" in hebrew.

so I'm curious, what about everyone else- who is your hero?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi