Guidance.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #5751 by Jon
Guidance. was created by Jon
G U I D A N C E

Dancing With God

When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing dance at the end of the word and I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite ncomfortable and jerky. When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word Guidance. When I saw G: I thought of God, followed by u and i. God, u and i dance. God, you, and I dance. As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life and once again, I became willing to let God lead.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5755 by
Replied by on topic Re:Guidance.
Jon wrote:

G U I D A N C E

Dancing With God

When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing dance at the end of the word and I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite ncomfortable and jerky. When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word Guidance. When I saw G: I thought of God, followed by u and i. God, u and i dance. God, you, and I dance. As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life and once again, I became willing to let God lead.

I have to say with an open heart...This is beautiful. When I think about the idea of spending my life dancing with God...
Life is a Dance, you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow.

Those words came to mind and I began to tear up...weep even.
That's Beautiful Hans...thank you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5957 by
I thought that you didn't like country music Tom?

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #5958 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Guidance.
Hek Br.Shaun he`s a natural!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5961 by
Br. Shaun FDC wrote:

I thought that you didn't like country music Tom?

Sometimes you can't control whats played on the radio.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi